AYANEO announces new REMAKE line of devices, includes AYANEO FLIP DS, mini PCs and retro handheld

ayaneo retro.jpeg

During a livestream today, AYANEO, the company known to make handheld gaming PCs, has announced a new line of products: the AYANEO REMAKE. Included within this line are previously-announced products such as the AYANEO Slide and the AYANEO FLIP DS. It is the first time that we were provided official details of the latter and AYANEO said that the device will be equipped with an optical finger mouse and a new cooling system tailored for the flip design. More details about the AYANEO FLIP is expected to be shared in about two months' time.

flip ds.jpeg

In addition to those known devices, AYANEO also announced some new products. These include mini PCs with retro-inspired designs, the Retro Mini PC AM01 and Retro Mini PC AM02, with more details coming later this month. The AYANEO Pocket DMG was also announced, which will be the second device from the company focused on retro systems emulation after the AYANEO Pocket Air. But unlike the latter, the Pocket DMG will sport a vertical orientation akin to the original GameBoy. Finally, AYANEO announced AYANEO Retro Power Bank, a power bank with an SNES-inspired design. However, details about its capacity and availability weren't provided.

mini pc 1.jpeg

mini pc 2.jpeg pocket dmg.jpeg ayaneo power bank.jpeg
It seems like AYANEO is keen on expanding its product line and establishing itself as a competitor on the handheld gaming and PC market. In fact, its stream focused on the REMAKE line comes less than a day after Steam's announcement of the Steam Deck OLED. Having more options and competition on the market will be good news for handheld gaming enthusiasts and it might be worth keeping an eye out on these products.

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Those mini PCs actually look pretty damn cool, I will say. I don't think I've actually seen a screen on a mini PC before...

The Flip DS does look pretty interesting too... I probably won't say much more because some people will probably rip me apart for liking it lmao

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately for them a surface duo with snapdragon 855 will emulate most ds/3ds games perfectly and at a fraction of their cost.
If you are interested in that I did write up something for it a while back:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/are-two-screens-better-than-one-a-week-with-the-surface-duo.593176/

I'll be doing a more comprehensive emulation post in the coming months once I have this thing...

1699624026858.png

On the note of the AYANEO Flip DS though, I'm still quite excited. The Duo wins out on DS emulation due to there not actually being a Windows DS emulator that can be split over two windows (and by extension, two screens) without some hackery, but the AYANEO has Wii U too. I'm certainly interested if nothing else.

Reactions: zfreeman

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you are interested in that I did write up something for it a while back:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/are-two-screens-better-than-one-a-week-with-the-surface-duo.593176/

I'll be doing a more comprehensive emulation post in the coming months once I have this thing...

View attachment 403714

On the note of the AYANEO Flip DS though, I'm still quite excited. The Duo wins out on DS emulation due to there not actually being a Windows DS emulator that can be split over two windows (and by extension, two screens) without some hackery, but the AYANEO has Wii U too. I'm certainly interested if nothing else.
got my surface duo 256gb version for 275e with another year of warranty not a bad deal for my emulation purposes as i ve spent a lot to chinese handhelds that were great on papers but not in reallity

Reactions: YuseiFD

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree this is just more ewaste this company really puts out way too many revisions too quickly. I understand innovating but not every single one needs to be mass produced

That being said, I’d also be lying if I said the flip DS wasn’t cool. If I can also easily connect it to a TV like a steam deck I might get it

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People need to realize this is unique for China entering the dual screen market. It's a updated device for ds emulation with other options. This isn't ewaste it's a good way for people to experience a new way to emulate ds.

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Aya neo air was fine.

Only downside ? Its dumb UI speaks to me in chinese and W10 has so many compatibility issues with oldies...
I should never have tried steam OS, damn you valve.
Post automatically merged:

These mini pcs are starting to get a foothold in the market from what I can see from friends and family. I have the Asus Rog and it's literally made my ps5 and switch gather dust

I generally meet one new Steam deck or GPD Win user every year in my daily train.
I can speak hours with these dudes, they are generally very dedicated players.

Even ticket controllers are funny "What, playing starcraft/MGS5/HoMM3 on the go ? No way, gimme that"
And then I discuss video games with them aaaaall the way home.

On the contrary, "normal" people are still glued to their stupid phones and shitty android games, it makes me sad.

Last edited by CharlesDeGaulle,
Reactions: AlexMCS

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Those mini PCs actually look pretty damn cool, I will say. I don't think I've actually seen a screen on a mini PC before...

The Flip DS does look pretty interesting too... I probably won't say much more because some people will probably rip me apart for liking it lmao
*RIIIIIIP*
Yep, there you go.

Now as for the DS thing - one of the main appeals of the DS Lite was that it was comfortably thin, so the chunkiness of this "remake" makes it quite unappealing. Heck, this thing is fatter than the original DS, which was nicknamed "phat"!
Ayaneo...please lose some weight.

• Haha
Reactions: James_

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why does this scream “Hey! Look at me”?
because it seems they're trying to compete with gimmicks now that it appears like nobody's buying them thanks to the non-competitive pricing to the steam deck

why pay like $1200 for one of the typical chinese pc handhelds when the steam deck tends to offer more for significantly less? even more so now with the oled version having a high refresh rate screen

Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1