Hacking Backup Loading?

xpoverzion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I have been following the Switch scene for awhile now. Seems there has been a lot of progress lately. Any estimations as to how far away we are to having backup loading with the current RCM exploits?

ekosfer147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
no one works on it or they are working without telling us, so there is no estimation however SX OS will support it at launch

xpoverzion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
no one works on it or they are working without telling us, so there is no estimation however SX OS will support it at launch
Cool. That's good to know. I know there has been some cartridge dumps floating around out there, but these dumps are useless since they are encrypted. Perhaps the keys to decrypt these dumps will get released in time for the launch of SX OS...

ekosfer147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Cool. That's good to know. I know there has been some cartridge dumps floating around out there, but these dumps are useless since they are encrypted. Perhaps the keys to decrypt these dumps will get released in time for the launch of SX OS...
Well we have all masterkeys until now. It won t be a problem. We just need loader

Reactions: Subtle Demise

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You don't pay attention to this scene do you? The keys have been dumped, the xci's have already been shown to work on SX-OS. So if you want a backup loader sooner then SOON™ I suggest you preorder yourself a SX. Otherwise we have no idea when a free backup loader will be released and based on how people respond to "piracy" I'm guessing anyone working on it is just going to release it quietly.

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If Atmosphere supports installing anything it will support backups. Don't pay money to pirate.

I didn't want to pay TX for a solution for playing pirated games either, but then I considered, that a mobile payload infusing dongle (if you don't have a smartphone) [plus the added bonus to have a backup loader somewhat sooner] might be actually worth it, so I took the plunge.

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't want to pay TX for a solution for playing pirated games either, but then I considered, that a mobile payload infusing dongle (if you don't have a smartphone) [plus the added bonus to have a backup loader somewhat sooner] might be actually worth it, so I took the plunge.
Congratulations, you wasted your money instead of spending the time and money to get the exact same thing with Atmosphere and have gotten the next Gateway.
You realize SX will die within a few years right? And will be totally irrelevant and useless?

Last edited by dankzegriefer,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Congratulations, you wasted your money instead of spending the time and money to get the exact same thing with Atmosphere and have gotten the next Gateway.
You realize SX will die within a few years right? And will be totally irrelevant and useless?
Like the switch itself harhahrhar

Anthony D'Amico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

As I noted in another thread. It’s not a waste of money for people wanting a backup loader now and not confident in there skills to hack a switch, install RCM, run payload off external devices etc

For $50-$100 you get all the following:
- a dongle and a jig (dongle can probably have other payloads added
- backup loader on launch (no need to wait for a FREE one
- easy to install CFW with user friendly interface
- ongoing support for TX
- works on all firmware’s (at launch)

I see no problem in paying for this especially since your paying for a micro processor and jig designed to hack the switch (meaning I don’t have to mess around with paper clips and 3rd party programs to launch payloads) the added software is just a bonus.

I will however move over to a persistent CFW when one becomes available but that could be months or years away

Last edited by Anthony D'Amico,

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Everything will become irrelevant eventually. The Switch itself, computer hardware in general, cars that seem modern today... Those will become irrelevant and yet people don't wait for the next best thing, because there will ALWAYS be a new next best thing afterwards.

I personally don't need the SX Pro (I use my phone for RCM and it's pretty easy), yet I bought it for my girlfriend, since I wouldn't want her to go through the trouble of getting RCM to work, especially because she inherited an Apple affection, which I don't necessarily see as something bad, though it keeps her from getting into some of that hacking stuff.

I think this is a good investment. She's happy and I don't have to explain something to her that she is not interested in the details of as long as it works.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Dude, it's only like 45$. Thats less than one Switch game. It's not the end of the world.

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I noted in another thread. It’s not a waste of money for people wanting a backup loader now and not confident in there skills to hack a switch, install RCM, run payload off external devices etc

For $50-$100 you get all the following:
- a dongle and a jig (dongle can probably have other payloads added
- backup loader on launch (no need to wait for a FREE one
- easy to install CFW with user friendly interface
- ongoing support for TX
- works on all firmware’s (at launch)

I see no problem in paying for this especially since your paying for a micro processor and jig designed to hack the switch (meaning I don’t have to mess around with paper clips and 3rd party programs to launch payloads) the added software is just a bonus.

I will however move over to a persistent CFW when one becomes available but that could be months or years away
50$ to 100$ for a dongle and a jig that can be recreated with almost 100 devices. A backup loader that will be obsolete in days (if atmosphere can install external applications to switch home then you can put games on it). A CFW as easy to install as atmosphere. Ongoing support from the community that won't fall apart in a few months. And Atmosphere works on all firmwares (at launch).
So what exactly does TX do better?
Everything will become irrelevant eventually. The Switch itself, computer hardware in general, cars that seem modern today... Those will become irrelevant and yet people don't wait for the next best thing, because there will ALWAYS be a new next best thing afterwards.

I personally don't need the SX Pro (I use my phone for RCM and it's pretty easy), yet I bought it for my girlfriend, since I wouldn't want her to go through the trouble of getting RCM to work, especially because she inherited an Apple affection, which I don't necessarily see as something bad, though it keeps her from getting into some of that hacking stuff.

I think this is a good investment. She's happy and I don't have to explain something to her that she is not interested in the details of as long as it works.
Everything becomes obsolete but some things become obsolete first. Gateway died before the 3DS did.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dude, it's only like 45$. Thats less than one Switch game. It's not the end of the world.
Money is money.

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
50$ to 100$ for a dongle and a jig that can be recreated with almost 100 devices. A backup loader that will be obsolete in days (if atmosphere can install external applications to switch home then you can put games on it). A CFW as easy to install as atmosphere. Ongoing support from the community that won't fall apart in a few months. And Atmosphere works on all firmwares (at launch).
So what exactly does TX do better?

Everything becomes obsolete but some things become obsolete first. Gateway died before the 3DS did.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Money is money.

Why does it bother you so much? I am not buying TX OS myself but the thought has crossed my mind once or twice. It's not a waste of money either way you look at it. Time is money and time spent waiting for TX could be used playing backups on TX OS if you so wish.

I am waiting for Atmosphere and happy to do so. Stop bashing those that want to buy it and trying to ram your opinion on the suitability or worth of TX down their throats.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway