• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Barack Obama or John McCain?

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, don't blow me off as some romanticizing kid caught in the hype. I read up on this stuff, and have done my homework as you'll see. I took a bit of liberty in my last post. It was a Scenario. Do you think I believe much of that will physically take place? I was hoping at least some of you would get it. I see my error now, though. I don't think you personally would even come close to understanding because an overall glance shows me that you're not the type to have been involved with any organized, progressive, or (less likely) radical activism.

Personally, neither candidate is ideal. The one who comes closest to mainstream America on the issues is Kucinich, but he's not perfect either. American politics is like an abusive relationship. The system, as it stands right now is ineffective and close-minded. But...I'm in the "do everything you can" boat, and in this case that would be voting for Obama.

I don't really understand your beef with Obama. What, do you not trust him? Think he's some kind of fake? I will agree that now that he's gotten the nomination, he's gone not to the center, but in some ways to the right (telecom immunity, guns, etc.) but his campaign message is still clear. He really is behind all those power words he utilizes: Hope, Change, Grassroots mobilization. I mean, people are even calling him a peace hero. This is a regular guy we are talking about. Not some "holier-than-thou" sleazeball politician.

And don't go on that inexperience argument, cause it's bullshit. He's been a senator long enough...He is plenty experienced.

I don't have much to give on McCain, except his lies. I don't know where you get this idea that he will in some ways be better than Bush
Have you even seen his latest Ad? If you're remotely familiar with the concept of the Antichrist, it has all the subtlety of a Superbowl halftime show, with only a brief awkward bit at the end to pretend the ad is really about Obama's inexperience. I mean, do I have to say anything more?

And above anything else, He's crazy.
wink.gif

There isn't really much else to say. We're of drastically different mindsets, so I don't expect us to agree. I'm just merely stating what I believe in a more FACTUAL manner. Obama will come out ahead in the fall, and I hope it improves your life in some way as well.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should put the two dudes in a cell together, each with a spiked baseball bat in hand. Whomever comes out alive should win. With that kind of fight, my money would be on McCain. But I don't wish for either of these guys to be running the country. The only person I felt would ever have made a decent president, aside from George Washington, was Jerry Garcia, but he's dead (no pun intended).

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saxamo no I'm not into anarchist and extremist things that's for sure, and also I think Kucinich is a bit out there, but not rotten either. I actually am lost somewhere between feeling pity and laughter between your unprovable kind of twisted and nonsensical view of McCain. Time and again every election in many countries you find the people who want to tag X politician as the anti-christ, and time again it's just a crap red herring to use that laughably fails time and again.

I don't personally dislike or hate Obama, but I don't like about him isn't him, it's his way he ran the campaign and how he presented it. When it was him and Hil at it, it was all about HOPE, CHANGE, SOMETHING NEW...but when pressed he wouldn't give much of a straight answer on most topics, and would just kind of parrot her when needed with having very little difference known. Once he bags the thing, then suddenly this entire new set of principles, ideas, stump speeches, and various broken promises all start to come out into the open. That, that there is what I have a problem with. He hoaxered his way into the nomination playing off the anger of the masses in the youth vote and the DNC at large making promises of change, a better life, new things and then changes the rules. Hell if you want to stick with your antichrist's coming argument, that fits. For he who is the anti-Christ (if I'm remembering this right) will come upon the world as a relative unknown, be the most friendly, give great promises, rouse the masses, appeal to the world, and once he has people in his grasp and control...WHAM. I don't believe in that bunk mind you, but I don't ignore such arguments either and so far of the two he fits better whereas McCain is the same McSame maverick dude who has been at it for a quarter century in the house and senate. He doesn't play the nice guy then go 666, he just listens, does what HE thinks is best, not what either party wants, and it has worked well so far.

Oh by the way I saw you linked up the Daily KOS, and I'm not sure if you care or are aware, but they are the #1 location next to MoveOn.org that lie, spin, create fake news, and twist reality for the more militant and angry extreme end of the left in this country. I can't take news from any site that would say for a recent example would make a post over Tony Snow's death in which it was nothing but laughing at his pain and death, wishing it was more worse in hell, wanting to brutalize the corpse, and so on. That site is NOT balanced nor are the tools that post there. Please be smart, don't go back, read politico.com to get all the straight news pro/con on both of the candidates and US politics in general.

Look I've said my piece at least as far as you're concerned and I've shown another way to look at things, and also have given you fair warning about the high level of anger, hatred, and disinformation of dailykos. It's up to you to keep listening to stories or to start listening to facts. I could give a damn who you vote for, but at least do it because you had REAL info, not that kos crap, that not made by mccain anti-christ obama clip, or that other one calling McCain so called insane as it's all easily debunked.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Politico ain't perfect, either. But you'll find juicy stuff behind every news outlet, I guess.

All we can say now is let the best man win.

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Saxamo no I'm not into anarchist and extremist things that's for sure, and also I think Kucinich is a bit out there, but not rotten either. I actually am lost somewhere between feeling pity and laughter between your unprovable kind of twisted and nonsensical view of McCain. Time and again every election in many countries you find the people who want to tag X politician as the anti-christ, and time again it's just a crap red herring to use that laughably fails time and again.

I don't personally dislike or hate Obama, but I don't like about him isn't him, it's his way he ran the campaign and how he presented it. When it was him and Hil at it, it was all about HOPE, CHANGE, SOMETHING NEW...but when pressed he wouldn't give much of a straight answer on most topics, and would just kind of parrot her when needed with having very little difference known. Once he bags the thing, then suddenly this entire new set of principles, ideas, stump speeches, and various broken promises all start to come out into the open. That, that there is what I have a problem with. He hoaxered his way into the nomination playing off the anger of the masses in the youth vote and the DNC at large making promises of change, a better life, new things and then changes the rules. Hell if you want to stick with your antichrist's coming argument, that fits. For he who is the anti-Christ (if I'm remembering this right) will come upon the world as a relative unknown, be the most friendly, give great promises, rouse the masses, appeal to the world, and once he has people in his grasp and control...WHAM. I don't believe in that bunk mind you, but I don't ignore such arguments either and so far of the two he fits better whereas McCain is the same McSame maverick dude who has been at it for a quarter century in the house and senate. He doesn't play the nice guy then go 666, he just listens, does what HE thinks is best, not what either party wants, and it has worked well so far.

Oh by the way I saw you linked up the Daily KOS, and I'm not sure if you care or are aware, but they are the #1 location next to MoveOn.org that lie, spin, create fake news, and twist reality for the more militant and angry extreme end of the left in this country. I can't take news from any site that would say for a recent example would make a post over Tony Snow's death in which it was nothing but laughing at his pain and death, wishing it was more worse in hell, wanting to brutalize the corpse, and so on. That site is NOT balanced nor are the tools that post there. Please be smart, don't go back, read politico.com to get all the straight news pro/con on both of the candidates and US politics in general.

Look I've said my piece at least as far as you're concerned and I've shown another way to look at things, and also have given you fair warning about the high level of anger, hatred, and disinformation of dailykos. It's up to you to keep listening to stories or to start listening to facts. I could give a damn who you vote for, but at least do it because you had REAL info, not that kos crap, that not made by mccain anti-christ obama clip, or that other one calling McCain so called insane as it's all easily debunked.

Nice post! Brings about interesting ideas, I agree with this view of Obama. Of course, we can't change that now... But I just hope things do go well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld