Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shromz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never liked Gears of War, For some reason I just want games where it doesn't take you forever to kill an enemy, thats why I don't like Halo either.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokujr1000 said:
Gears of War 3.

Screw Gears of War, that series is god awful. The gameplay is mediocre, the characters are drooling neanderthals (characterized as "main character meat head", "main character's friend who has a wife meathead", "whiny bitch meathead", and "the black stereotype meathead"), the plot is terrible, the game itself is so stupidly grim (following in the vein of Warhammer 40K, except forgetting that in WH40K, that was the joke) that it's impossible to care for the protagonists or the world, and the writing is atrocious (One choice line: "They're sinking cities with a GIANT WORM!").

And now we have the third in a trilogy of crap games coming out. Oh boy.

Sorry about that, but I just hate those games with a passion that rivals the sun itself in intensity. So yeah, GoW3 is definitely not going to cut it for me, especially with all the other games being released this year.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
FireGrey said:
machomuu said:
FireGrey said:
Both are terrible
But MW3 is slightly less terrible by the fact that more people will play it.
Have you ever played Battlefield? Ever?
No and i don't ever plan on doing so.
You can't say it's terrible without having played it. Well you can, but that says alot about you're credibility.

Also, I just watched the trailer and I'm speechless (or stunned, not in a good way). This is not Battlefield 3, I know that much, it's definitely BC3 with some doses of BF mixed in. Whether it will be good or not is anyone's guess, and I'll be waiting.
@Machomuu - This is Battlefield 3, just the series has evolved to take a more uhh (CoD?) like aspect to it.
It still has alot of things over CoD in any case. The thing is it ain't BC3. On BF3 we are talking the biggest maps
yet!, Jets, 64 players and some other things. Sure it borrowed alot from the BC series but it would be mad not to
considering that BC2 was a suprise hit (even for them.)

D

Deleted User

Mw3 is the same game since 2004, Bf3 uses a new engine.

If you've played call of duty, you've played MW3.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
I saw trailers for it but it just bores me.
I'm not really into war/fps games that much.

If it's a matter of it not being your cup of tea and not a matter of you think the game is bad for legitimate reasons, then you shouldn't even bother throwing your hat in on the conversation. I'm not a big racing game fan (exception being like kart racers, Burnout, and a few select others) but I don't hop around every racing game thread and call every racing game utter shit.

I'm generally not into the whole war-themed FPS games, although BF3 looks rather good. I've heard nothing but praise on BFBC2 and I guess I kinda missed that one unfortunately. BF3 just looks rather interesting and even just being able to see those graphics in person would be enough for me.

EDIT: I've also kinda lost interest in non-Treyarch CoD games. Why people think Infinity Ward makes/made better ones is beyond me. At least Treyarch makes ones with halfway interesting plots. And zombies.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevan said:
machomuu said:
FireGrey said:
machomuu said:
FireGrey said:
Both are terrible
But MW3 is slightly less terrible by the fact that more people will play it.
Have you ever played Battlefield? Ever?
No and i don't ever plan on doing so.
You can't say it's terrible without having played it. Well you can, but that says alot about you're credibility.

Also, I just watched the trailer and I'm speechless (or stunned, not in a good way). This is not Battlefield 3, I know that much, it's definitely BC3 with some doses of BF mixed in. Whether it will be good or not is anyone's guess, and I'll be waiting.
@Machomuu - This is Battlefield 3, just the series has evolved to take a more uhh (CoD?) like aspect to it.
It still has alot of things over CoD in any case. The thing is it ain't BC3. On BF3 we are talking the biggest maps
yet!, Jets, 64 players and some other things. Sure it borrowed alot from the BC series but it would be mad not to
considering that BC2 was a suprise hit (even for them.)
It feels more like it borrowed a few things from Battlefield, not the other way around.

Hence why it's no surprise that people are excited about it. Well, that and it's on the consoles.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Gahars said:
gokujr1000 said:
Gears of War 3.

Screw Gears of War, that series is god awful. The gameplay is mediocre, the characters are drooling neanderthals (characterized as "main character meat head", "main character's friend who has a wife meathead", "whiny bitch meathead", and "the black stereotype meathead"), the plot is terrible, the game itself is so stupidly grim (following in the vein of Warhammer 40K, except forgetting that in WH40K, that was the joke) that it's impossible to care for the protagonists or the world, and the writing is atrocious (One choice line: "They're sinking cities with a GIANT WORM!").

And now we have the third in a trilogy of crap games coming out. Oh boy.

Sorry about that, but I just hate those games with a passion that rivals the sun itself in intensity. So yeah, GoW3 is definitely not going to cut it for me, especially with all the other games being released this year.

I understand why you hate it but the only game I see beating Gears of War 3 on the Xbox 360 is Battlefield 3 in terms of game-play and Battlefield 3 is going to have a much bigger focus on the PC anyway.

Now if you were to ask me which PC game would I get, MW3 or Battlefield 3, hands down I would choose Battlefield 3.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:
gokujr1000 said:
Gears of War 3.

...I don't see how that's different from these games. They all have crap story modes and redeeming multiplayer on which you'll be harassed by little children and bro-gamers more little children, buy hopefully (unlike me) you will still have fun.

Sounds pretty much the same, though BF3 may not be the same looking at 1942, looking at BC...meh, it's possible.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems that IW/Sledgehammier is trying not to make MW3 more realistic, but just to make it more fun. In fact, one of the most unrealistic aspects of previous MW games (quickscoping) have been improved to the point that people are saying that it's actually better than in previous games.
Sure, Battlefield 3's probably going to be great, but what the devs are trying to do with MW3 is improve what made CoD unique (a lot of which that others tried to copy). For those who've been enjoying CoD are sure to pick MW3, but for everyone else, BF3 will be a better choice.
Of course there's the "neither" option, and that's for people (like my friend) who, in their opinion, think that these kinds of games have completely killed the FPS genre. There's no convincing them to pick either of these, they've just completely given up with these kinds of games.

I'm most likely getting MW3. Black Ops was complete BS, and I'm hoping this'll be different than any of the Treyarch games.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CoD4, CoD: World at War (the Russian campaign, anyway), and CoD: Black Ops, along with Battlefield Bad Company 1, all had decent to good campaigns. Plus, I never felt the urge to try to reach into the screen and strangle the protagonists.

And in Battlefield's defense, they generally don't sell the games as story driven like those stupid pretentious Gears commercials ("Man, I'm looking at flowers before killing people... that's deep, right?).

As for the multiplayer, I don't even like Gears' gameplay in either mode. It's just... there; not really fun, enjoyable, or rewarding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...