Gaming Bayonetta: The Complete Package (B1 & B2) for Wii U!

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

My first reaction is: "Meh!" MK8 and Bayonetta2 just doesn't mix very well. They should've IMO instead make a separate Wii U bundle with the B1+2 FPE, Pro Controller and Deluxe/Premium Wii U 32GB black. MAYBE throw in some fan merch like Bayonetta's eyeglasses frames (made from cheap plastic or acetate, nothing fancy). That'd get ANY fan to buy even for 329.99 GBP.

re: Hyrule Warriors: I enjoyed it on my quick run in Legend Mode. I'd never play it again, though. (And I still don't understand how Adventure Mode is supposed to work.) It was awesome for a quick playthrough (didn't even bother with the gold skulltulas, etc.) And I'm glad I got the limited edition for that because the scarf is actually very nice. Climate here is cold already, yesterday was 0 degrees Celsius. Sure felt good having my HW scarf wrapped around my neck! :) I think the Triforce embroidery made it feel just a bit warmer than any regular scarf even, haha. The game itself? I'm putting it on my shelf next to the games I've completed. I'll maybe revisit it later (1, 2, maybe 3 years from now) just for fun. But I wouldn't play it another time from beginning to end.

re: Bayonetta1: I love the updates they made to the game. The silly Nintendo costumes are a nice touch, but I'm amazed just how much better the game looks vs. the PS3 version that I played many years ago. Textures are nice and detailed, framerate seems good. It's easy to appreciate the dark nature of the graphics with the level of detail now. I like it so far and I'm trying as hard as I can to get Pure Platinum everywhere (very hard IMO). Currently at Chapter II, just started the game. Can't wait to finish this game so I can play Bayonetta2! 69,95 euros for two great games is a really good price. I don't feel that bummed about the FPE anymore. Seems like a real cash grab now that I've looked at some unboxing videos. I wish the Book of Angels actually reflected the one in the game with details on the enemies, etc. Maybe partner with Prima Games to make it the official strategy guide? Missed opportunity IMO.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first reaction is: "Meh!" MK8 and Bayonetta2 just doesn't mix very well. They should've IMO instead make a separate Wii U bundle with the B1+2 FPE, Pro Controller and Deluxe/Premium Wii U 32GB black. MAYBE throw in some fan merch like Bayonetta's eyeglasses frames (made from cheap plastic or acetate, nothing fancy). That'd get ANY fan to buy even for 329.99 GBP.

Bayonetta 2 already flopped, the last thing they want is to pack it with hardware so it'll not sell further.

Packing it with a game people will buy like Mario Kart 8 or SSB is a much better decision.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Wow, the First Print Edition really is big but it's really just a glorified version of the Special Edition.

It doesn't help that Nintendo pointed out themselves that there's more First Print Edition copies available, so it's not that Limited Edition as people were hoping for it to be.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wow, the First Print Edition really is big but it's really just a glorified version of the Special Edition.

It doesn't help that Nintendo pointed out themselves that there's more First Print Edition copies available, so it's not that Limited Edition as people were hoping for it to be.

That's how I feel, yeah.

I'll quote myself from a few posts above: " I don't feel that bummed about the FPE anymore. Seems like a real cash grab now that I've looked at some unboxing videos. I wish the Book of Angels actually reflected the one in the game with details on the enemies, etc. Maybe partner with Prima Games to make it the official strategy guide? Missed opportunity IMO. "

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet Grand Theft Auto V scoots by with a 9.5 with barely a paragraph about how it portrays women, "because it's GTA." I know that the two reviews are by different authors, but come on, really? Bayonetta portrays a feminine power fantasy with a strong and uncompromising female character who completely owns her sexuality and isn't afraid to use it for her own means (basing this on the first game of course, as I haven't played the second). I think this should be celebrated as an example of feminism, a type of feminism where sex appeal isn't arbitrarily separated from female empowerment. Is her style of dress, the camera shots, etc fanservice? Sure. But the character and game are so wrapped around her sexuality that it just works amazingly on a critical and artistic level. And as a humanist/feminist myself, I champion Bayonetta as a possibly perfect example of sexuality in gaming.
Yeah, her use of her sexuality as a tool makes me think "strong female lead" rather than "object". She's not sitting there looking pretty waiting to be saved, but rather she's the one in control. Reminds me of the flappers from the 1920s.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Bayonetta is sexy in an attractive way. (To me, at least.) That's different from sexy in an objectified way. Don't have better words to describe it. My sister appreciates the style in the game and even she says Bayonetta is hot. (Again, in a good way.)

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To go off topic and actually talk about the quality of the gaem, I've got to say I am loving Bayo2. The gaem is just so fun to play and it feels great smashing combos out. It is super fucking awesome, it really has been ages since I played a good old fashion 3D action gaem. The only issue is the gaem it horrible to play with the gamepad. The gamepad is just too big for fast paced action gaem, it doesn't help the amount of travel from ZR/ZL to R/L adds a layer of additional diffuclty. So I've been rocking Bayo2 with the Classic Controller other wise it would be an actual bitch to play.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
To go off topic and actually talk about the quality of the gaem, I've got to say I am loving Bayo2. The gaem is just so fun to play and it feels great smashing combos out. It is super fucking awesome, it really has been ages since I played a good old fashion 3D action gaem. The only issue is the gaem it horrible to play with the gamepad. The gamepad is just too big for fast paced action gaem, it doesn't help the amount of travel from ZR/ZL to R/L adds a layer of additional diffuclty. So I've been rocking Bayo2 with the Classic Controller other wise it would be an actual bitch to play.

Playing with Pro Controller, couldn't be better. Match made in Paradiso. (lol.)

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Place where I ordered messaged me few days ago that importer will get Special edition in two differend batches - and that my game was in second batch that they would be getting 29.10. or later meaning I'll get the game few days from when they get it. Sucks.
THIS is the reason why I have moved to mostly buy games digitally as I simply hate this kind of nonsense. I want digital product to play with my system, why do I have to limit myself to wait for it to arrive physically to me. Only problem is that my HDD is still crashing Wii U after the huge 5.0.0 update and haven't even wanted to try finding out actually working HDD to replace it meaning I have few hundred megabytes free space left >_>

Just fuck Nintendo. I love their games but fuck their actual products.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Place where I ordered messaged me few days ago that importer will get Special edition in two differend batches - and that my game was in second batch that they would be getting 29.10. or later meaning I'll get the game few days from when they get it. Sucks.
THIS is the reason why I have moved to mostly buy games digitally as I simply hate this kind of nonsense. I want digital product to play with my system, why do I have to limit myself to wait for it to arrive physically to me. Only problem is that my HDD is still crashing Wii U after the huge 5.0.0 update and haven't even wanted to try finding out actually working HDD to replace it meaning I have few hundred megabytes free space left >_>

Just fuck Nintendo. I love their games but fuck their actual products.

Sounds like Verkkokauppa.com? Retail has a looong way to go before it can come close to offering decent convenience vs. digital. :/

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It may take a few days to arrive but once you've got your physical copy you can play it on any Wii U whereas if you bought a digital copy you'd be stuck to that one Wii U system, or format and then call Nintendo to have it transferred (awkward).

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It may take a few days to arrive but once you've got your physical copy you can play it on any Wii U whereas if you bought a digital copy you'd be stuck to that one Wii U system, or format and then call Nintendo to have it transferred (awkward).

We could debate forever about this:

Digital
+ Typically faster loading times
+ Instantly accessible
+ No need to worry about scratches

Disc
+ Portable from one console to another
+ Can be resold later
+ Works even after HDD corruption

...list goes on.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Sounds like Verkkokauppa.com? Retail has a looong way to go before it can come close to offering decent convenience vs. digital. :/

You got that right, I usually avoid them as they are really slow with everything. Also did bit mistake by ordering to SmartPost to save few euros but it means I have to go and get the package instead of it being delivered into my mailbox.
Oh well, at least I should be getting it eventually. It seems like Special edition is sold out literally everywhere so I can't imagine situation with First Print.

I could be playing the game right now if I got digital. I know the limitations of digital products but for me those negatives are really minor things. I won't be reselling my stuff anyway and if I actually do get to situation my Wii U breaks then last time I contacted Bergsala they responded really fast.

Games are still digital either way so I'm experiencing the same fucking game. I just simply want to play it without extra hasshle.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
We could debate forever about this:

Digital
+ Typically faster loading times
+ Instantly accessible
+ No need to worry about scratches

Disc
+ Portable from one console to another
+ Can be resold later
+ Works even after HDD corruption

...list goes on.

It only gets scratched if you scratch it otherwise it stays in pristine condition but in terms of speed it's definitely better running off digitally.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It only gets scratched if you scratch it otherwise it stays in pristine condition but in terms of speed it's definitely better running off digitally.

Because optical drives never fail and scratch discs due to a manufacturing or handling problem... As soon as an ODE or whatever is released for Wii U, you bet I'm rawdumping my games so my discs stay in pristine condition, as you put it. Good old LG-8164B days of the GameCube scene, I'll never forget.

Back off topic: I tried the touch controls just now and they're pretty well done. Will continue to play with Pro Controller, but touch controls aren't bad. I'm impressed how much polish went into both games. The first game is not just a port and the second game is truly well done. Makes you wonder though, if this wasn't a Wii U exclusive, how much different would it have been? Obviously omitting the Nintendo specific stuff like the costumes. Graphics are already very good and framerate is spot on. Really don't see why the anti-Nintendo crowd is still crying over the exclusivity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo