• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Believe Accusers!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 18,158
  • Replies 316
  • Likes 21

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have to say anything. It means absolutely nothing to me.

In fact, from a purely personal point, this is the absolute best thing that could have happened. He will be excellent on the court for me and my interests.

Don't confuse hypothetical discussion about political principles with reality.
In other words, "Your honor" :)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The REEEEEing was music to my ears, and made me laugh non stop. Also please say it with me, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, Brett M. Kavanaugh! Or, just "Your honor"
The only people that have been treating this like a team sport are the Republicans, as usual. Giving due consideration to a different, more qualified nominee was not an unreasonable or partisan request.

With another US institution de-legitimized, ultimately the only "winner" in this whole scenario is Putin. Kavanaugh sitting on the supreme court only further divides an already extremely divided nation.

Last edited by Xzi,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you know, predators never hide for many years in public sight. Never ever. Can't name a single one.

Or are you claiming that was all false too?

I'm not sure what this is even about. Am I claiming what was all false, exactly?

Also you didn't change anything to make me happy. I'd rather you leave it all the same, so people can see the misleading bits.

I added a couple sentences to my post, to address your previous statement more thoroughly. I didn't alter the original content I'd posted, in fact you'd already quoted it in your next post while I was doing the edit/add.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Mr. Kavanaugh feels the need for vindication as much you do. It must be sad not having wins of your own so you need his to feel better.
I hope you're used to calling him "Your honor", because he's going to be a judge for a loooong time!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I hope you're used to calling him "Your honor", because he's going to be a judge for a loooong time!
Unless he's appearing in front of the supreme court, he can call Kavanaugh whatever the hell he wants to. For my part I wouldn't even call him "your honor" even if I had a case reach SCOTUS. "Your drunkenness" maybe though.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless he's appearing in front of the supreme court, he can call Kavanaugh whatever the hell he wants to. For my part I wouldn't even call him "your honor" even if I had a case reach SCOTUS. "Your drunkenness" maybe though.
Well, depending on the case, if you don't treat a judge with respect, they're not going to rule in your favor. And if your case somehow did make it to the Supreme Court, I would suggest you treat them with respect, as that case must be very important. But hey, you do you! :D

Oh, and I like beer! :D

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what this is even about. Am I claiming what was all false, exactly?

I added a couple sentences to my post, to address your previous statement more thoroughly. I didn't alter the original content I'd posted, in fact you'd already quoted it in your next post while I was doing the edit/add.

Pointing out the hypocrisy at acting like only Trump supporters are accused of sexual assault. Here's the thing, plenty of then aren't accused of it at all. This whole, oh no one of them is, now everyone will be is a ridiculous strawman.

I saw what you added. In the end I don't care about the sexual assault claim to be honest, I care, from a purely ideological point, that he behaved like a child in front of a political committee and feed conspiracy theories at the same time.

I care that the conservative party wants to celebrate this whole charade as a victory, as you can see from some in this thread, when really all they have done is feed a massive amount of division in this country.

The Republican party had a change to seize the high ground in this, but told the Democrats hold my beer and proceeded to show us they can always win the political limbo contest.

I am glad that people are finally seeing Washington for what it actually is now. It's a repugnant cesspool, and has only gotten worse. Maybe one day, people will see past the partisanship and actually want to fix it.

Until then I might as well benefit from it.

Well, depending on the case, if you don't treat a judge with respect, they're not going to rule in your favor. And if your case somehow did make it to the Supreme Court, I would suggest you treat them with respect, as that case must be very important. But hey, you do you! :D

Oh, and I like beer! :D

That's not how the legal system actually works. Justices aren't supposed to nurture personal vendettas against the people in their courts. I've actually been in front of several judges, never called them your honor. I've said sir when I felt it was appropriate but not all the time either.

But enjoy your fantasy.

Last edited by kingfrost,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Kavanaugh isn't going to give rulings with any sort of impartiality anyway. He made that clear with his "Clintons and Soros" rant. The only positive highlight is that he will be a galvanizing force for the left as long as he sits on the court, and leftist views are still a vast majority in this country even if they don't get a majority of representation.

Reactions: osaka35

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I care that the conservative party wants to celebrate this whole charade as a victory, as you can see from some in this thread, when really all they have done is feed a massive amount of division in this country.

The Republican party had a change to seize the high ground in this, but told the Democrats hold my beer and proceeded to show us they can always win the political limbo contest.

Wait a second. The Republican party had a chance to seize the high ground, huh? How was that? How were they to do this, in your opinion?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on my way out so only had time to browse/shuffle to a couple bits, but looks interesting. No idea what side the guy favors or if he's just dispassionately commenting/analyzing, but I will definitely watch later. First thought though -> guy looks a little green to be speaking for "lawyers." Need 20-30 years in the profession, as a litigator (not desk jockey type), to really have sufficient XP for that.
Guy is a trial lawyer (at least partially criminal side of things as well, in some of his other videos he seems to have moved since into other related areas) for a big firm and otherwise has the relevant skills if his website is anything to go by -- https://www.legaleagleprep.com/about

And yeah he mostly seemed to go in on that for the dispassionate and technical approach, or perhaps the lawyer equivalent of old school hacker, which suits me rather nicely.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wait a second. The Republican party had a chance to seize the high ground, huh? How was that? How were they to do this, in your opinion?
Pick another name from the list of 25 that they got Kavanaugh from? They could've had him confirmed a week later at most, which could've been now. Odds are no accusations come forward and the guy can act normal (not hyper partisan or hyper emotional) for a few hours during confirmation hearings. Instead Republicans made it blatantly clear that they really don't give a fuck about de-legitimizing the supreme court or the confirmation process.

Last edited by Xzi,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guy is a trial lawyer (at least partially criminal side of things as well, in some of his other videos he seems to have moved since into other related areas) for a big firm and otherwise has the relevant skills if his website is anything to go by -- https://www.legaleagleprep.com/about

And yeah he mostly seemed to go in on that for the dispassionate and technical approach, or perhaps the lawyer equivalent of old school hacker, which suits me rather nicely.

I haven't gotten to the video yet but that was not a good comment (from me). I was literally getting called to head out to shopping with my wife when I typed it and it was just my first impression after seeing about 6-7 seconds of the guy, that he looked kinda young, like under 35. Since you're typically going to be at least 25-26 or older before admitted to the bar somewhere, 10 yrs or less experience which doesn't really = veteran litigator. But I didn't give him enough of a fair shake to dispel that (probably unfair) presumption.

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How about no accusing protestors of being paid plants constantly? How about not attempting to pass a background investigation off as an actual investigation? How about addressing both Judge Kavanaugh and Senator Lindsey Graham's, to be quite frank, scary as hell attack on an entire party that makes up half the county. How about they stop flogging Clinton like this is still the 2016 election? This is the party that was triggered by Clinton referring to them as deplorable but they have no problem attacking others.

The whole process has highlighted that the Republican party expects to treat others one way, such as the accusations that Hilary is a murderer than their surrogates like to make, accusations that have no credible collaboration.

In short, even though I'm sad to see it, I can't say the Republicans don't deserve this. They started the false accusation train, legitimized and now are sucking at its teat and they want to complain when anyone else resorts to their tactics.

Last edited by kingfrost,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad day for this country. The blatant disrespect for the people of this country, the head-in-sand approach to human rights, the disregard for logic, compassion, and thoughtful assessment. This country continues to increase in silliness and vapid sensibilities.

The vast majority of folks are against this nonsense. But it's things like this that makes me aware we're more oligarchy than a proper democracy.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually he is being sworn in tonight.
Doesn't it look so... right?
h6EK1TQ.png

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sad day for this country. The blatant disrespect for the people of this country, the head-in-sand approach to human rights, the disregard for logic, compassion, and consideration for other humans. This country continues to increase in silliness and vapid sensibilities.

The vast majority of folks are against this nonsense. But it's things like this that makes me aware we're more oligarchy than a proper democracy.
Yep, Kavanaugh is going to be the fourth supreme court justice nominated by a president who didn't win the popular vote. We are witnessing the dying breaths of Democracy in the US.

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, Kavanaugh is going to be the fourth supreme court justice nominated by a president who didn't win the popular vote. We are witnessing the dying breaths of Democracy in the US.

You know it's funny because when I was a kid people loved to say the Star Wars prequels were crap, and in some ways they were. In some ways, they were utterly perfect.

raw

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD