DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
I loved VI - VII - VIII - IX (which, as you can see from my nick, is my favourite one).
Also IV and V are great titles.
smile.gif

I find the first 3 quite boring (tried them on NES, GBA, DS, PSX versions) and I don't really like X, X-2, XII.
I still have to play enough XIII to give it a vote, but I would like to test it deeply during these holidays. ^^

I don't have played much XI (even if I was a beta tester) and I tried XIV during the Beta Test period but I didn't start the game being it really bad (as it was then noticed by almost everyone who was playing it). Maybe I'll give it another chance after some very big issue fixing / game changing patch.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have always loved Final Fantasy IV (Final Fantasy II on the snes in the USA).

probably the love interest between Cecil and Rosa and Cecil's friendship with Kane.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Goli said:
geminisama said:
Goli said:
SubliminalSegue said:
geminisama said:
Final Fantasy 13 is terrible, imo. No towns, shallow predictable cookie cutter heroes, linear as hell. Serious let down, and I believe that may be one of my last console JRPGS.

This. I HAAAAAAAAATED FF13. Yeah, sure I had a thing for Vanille, but the plot was so stupid and I didn't care about anyone's plight. It was just a game that was left on the work table for too long and lost sight of it's initial goal.

The last FF that I absolutely loved was FFX, anything after that was extraneous.
Strange considering all the similarities between FFX and XIII.
Technically, FFXIII did have towns anyways.

"Towns", that were linear paths in the story. No shops, no quests, nothing but enemies; and that one part with the Chocobos. FF13 was playing a movie, not a game.
What I mean is that they were there, just that they weren't your typical RPG town
tongue.gif
I don't get the linear complaints about FFXIII though, every FF game is linear, you just have the illusion it isn't.

indeed, but still I like XIII the best, I like it becuase of the movies music and creative monsters which are not able to get beaten by me.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I've....never...actually...finished a Final Fantasy game...

I adore JRPGs...

I love the music...

But they are really....really...boring....

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SubliminalSegue said:
gamefreak94 said:
Pssh Final Fantasy? It's all about those Tales of games lol j/k

I have an asshole friend that won't shut up about the Tales series. I seriously want him to get cancer.
Tales games have awful stories and the games are all pretty similar if you really look into it. Combat is fun, and there's a few good characters here and there(Yuri (Vesperia), Ange (Inocence), Short hair Luke (The Abyss), Guy (The abyss)) and the music is pretty mediocre, with the exception of the rival themes and few occasional songs. The only game with a truly good soundtrack is Tales of Legendia. One good thing about the games are that they're generally long. Well, not all of them are though. Tales of Innocence kinda cheats by having a massive difficulty spike at the final tower, making it nearly impossible to get through this one boss without at least a few hours of grinding. I got to the final dungeon at the 18th hour mark. I had to grind for 6 hours to beat this one boss. Not even kidding you.

I don't hate the series, but the series as a whole isn't all that great. The fans are going OMG IT'S AMAZING SO GOOOOOOOOD. But really, it's just a decent series a pretty decent combat system. I do have to say though. Yuri is probably the most refreshing JRPG protagonist to be introduced within the last few years. I've played Phantasia, Eternia, Symphonia, The Abyss, Vesperia, and Innocence.

The only FF game that I have fully spent over 5 hours onto (and beaten) is FF4, and FF4 was just ok. I did like Tellah though. It was probably good for its time.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SubliminalSegue said:
gamefreak94 said:
Pssh Final Fantasy? It's all about those Tales of games lol j/k

I have an asshole friend that won't shut up about the Tales series. I seriously want him to get cancer.

ohnoes.png
Just because he likes a certain franchise?! You are going overboard there.

Ok this is offtopic kind of but should i buy ffxiii for the ps3?What other good JRPG out there is better the Final Fantasy(a lot ofc XP)?

QUOTE(ojsinnerz. @ Dec 21 2010, 07:13 AM)
Tales games have awful stories and the games are all pretty similar if you really look into it. Combat is fun, and there's a few good characters here and there(Yuri (Vesperia), Ange (Inocence), Short hair Luke (The Abyss), Guy (The abyss)) and the music is pretty mediocre, with the exception of the rival themes and few occasional songs. The only game with a truly good soundtrack is Tales of Legendia. One good thing about the games are that they're generally long. Well, not all of them are though. Tales of Innocence kinda cheats by having a massive difficulty spike at the final tower, making it nearly impossible to get through this one boss without at least a few hours of grinding. I got to the final dungeon at the 18th hour mark. I had to grind for 6 hours to beat this one boss. Not even kidding you.

I don't hate the series, but the series as a whole isn't all that great. The fans are going OMG IT'S AMAZING SO GOOOOOOOOD. But really, it's just a decent series a pretty decent combat system. I do have to say though. Yuri is probably the most refreshing JRPG protagonist to be introduced within the last few years. I've played Phantasia, Eternia, Symphonia, The Abyss, Vesperia, and Innocence.

The only FF game that I have fully spent over 5 hours onto (and beaten) is FF4, and FF4 was just ok. I did like Tellah though. It was probably good for its time.
Ugh, you say the series isn't all that great but looking at the games you played, it seems you played about every tales of game that was localized XD.

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
I have a ff10 save with almost 2k hours played.

That's crazy, I finished my grid system for the 3 best overdrives, got all the special weapons, did all the sidequests, and finished the monster arena in much less time.

I just dropped the whole team on that soccer game and recruited the best ones and never played it again past what was required, though.

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy is a meh series in my opinion. Just not for me. Although, I did enjoy IV, and what I played of VI, IX, and X.

markdgx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Final Fantasy X is the winner for me.
Amazing storyline.

FFVII is overrated. Didn't like it at all.
FFVIII was pretty good. Liked the card game, and the story was pretty good.
FFIX... Dunno. Was good, but meh at the same time. Didn't like the style.
FFX-2, totally hated it. It ruined FFX, skip it!
FFXII sucked balls. Everything about it sucked.
FFXIII was great. I loved the battle system and enjoyed the story.

Didn't play any other FF games. I'm thinking about playing VI though, I read pretty positive things about it.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I just gotten started back on final fantasy and at the moment, i am enjoying final fantasy, my only grip is that i have no idea where to go arghh and why is everything so expensive? were metal and materials in short suppy back in their world??

Anyway for me, it would still be final fantasy 4 or 6, i just didnt really find myself getting involved in final fantasy 5 that much.

FF 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it