• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Biden says:"Pandemic in the USA is over !"

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Get the vax and you'll have a juicy burger.

I'm like?!?!

I thought they told me it was about health, not crappy unhealthy fast food.
Free vaccines (and incentives) were/are all about getting the economy back to full efficiency again. In other words, the boogeyman y'all are afraid of is capitalism, which is a bit ironic. Not that I don't have a long list of grievances with it myself, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, even if it comes with the expectation of increased productivity attached. Gotta take whatever small wins you can get in a shitty system.

Obviously not an America-only thing, either, since almost every nation's government also bought vaccines for their citizens.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All presidents are nothing more than low level middle managers for the global elite cabal
even lower than a GM , he doesn't even know the official policy on Taiwan
which he misrepresented in the same interview , and was corrected
they don't even have to train their teleprompter reading front men at all any more than can just spew any old nonsense and it doesn't even mater because the public is so stupid , dumbed down and apathetic.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
These are the same people who say having 6 servings of carbs a day is healthy for you.
Yep and also the same people that are trying to put farmers out of business so they can buy their land for cheap and then grow stuff to sell you fake meat products. People like Bill gates etc, and some of the other countries in the EU that are imposing weird rules so that farmers end up having to sell their land. Don't trust the globablists - Biden is an idiot and so are the dems, they are bankrupting your country and your people's souls! They should all be hung for being traitors to humanity.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
pW6b4jqTwNJv.png

To be fair my governor and other state elected officials thought the same things when they went vacationing in Flordia as they were forcing businesses to require people to wear masks to be able to buy food back home.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 328124
To be fair my governor and other state elected officials thought the same things when they went vacationing in Flordia as they were forcing businesses to require people to wear masks to be able to buy food back home.
Even in deep blue south Florida, mask wearing is below 5%. Looks like even the left of center people decided to move on with their lives.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even in deep blue south Florida, mask wearing is below 5%. Looks like even the left of center people decided to move on with their lives.
Look at the low booster uptake as well. Only the craziest and dumbest among us are willing to voluntarily continue entertaining this damaging farce.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was working onsites in the middle of this. I only wore masks if I was asked or required to do so. In many cases, the people asking or requiring it for me to come into their place of business or their home were immunocomprimised, so I understand wanting someone from the outside to wear one.

They're definitely not required 24/7, and I've been to a few concerts since, and haven't been sick. I did get the vaccination, and haven't had any issues with my health since.

I honestly think it's safe to say that Covid isn't really in a "pandemic" state anymore, but it's definitely not going away. I know plenty of people over the last month alone that's gotten it. I think it's best to handle it like you would a flu nowadays. self-quarantine and use caution during times of a breakout.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in a deep blue city, when the mask mandate was a thing, I'd see people telling employees to go fuck them self, when being told to wear a mask on a daily basis. Nowadays, I maybe see one person a week wearing a mask. I personally enjoyed wearing the mask in the Winter, as it kept my face nice and warm, which I always had issues with in the past. In the Summer though, fuck that shit, lol.

Reactions: tabzer

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
I live in a deep blue city, when the mask mandate was a thing, I'd see people telling employees to go fuck them self, when being told to wear a mask on a daily basis. Nowadays, I maybe see one person a week wearing a mask. I personally enjoyed wearing the mask in the Winter, as it kept my face nice and warm, which I always had issues with in the past. In the Summer though, fuck that shit, lol.
Just get yourself a balaclava or neck wrap you can pull up over your nose if it's too warm.

My allergies did improve with all the extra cleaning that was going on. And wearing the mask while cutting the lawn greatly limited my congestion. But now I feel weird using it, since otherwise I only put it on when required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival