• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Biden: "You can’t be pro-insurrection and pro-America."

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No, the tariffs against Russia are meant to cut into Putin's war chest and put the squeeze on his pet oligarchs.

Oh, I see. The citizens were unintended collateral damage?

I did not address the merits of the Nazi argument there at all. I was explaining the difference between a characteristic and a definition. An Apple could be red, but red is not an apple. Hopefully you understand now but I'm sure that you do not.

You said that defining of conservatives as Nazis has no impact on the actual definition, that it was rational somehow.

There is a difference between saying an apple could be red and saying an apple is red.

If you ignore context maybe. But that's a bad faith argument from the start, as I've already explained in my very first response.

The context: Agree with us or you are wrong.

... or you could defend your own argument instead of relying on A.I. to do it for you. Then you wouldn't have to worry about whether or not it's nonsense.

I don't worry if it is nonsense or not. I know it isn't. You made the claim, not me. Why would I spend extra time typing out the answer I already know to exist and can generate with less effort using technology.

Maybe you are talking to AI right now.

On second thought, stick with the A.I. Probably better off.

You should try it. You might find yourself spending less effort saying the same thing over and over again.

You might actually learn something. ;)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I see. The citizens were unintended collateral damage?
Putin either intended them to be collateral damage or simply did not care. You cannot bomb and attack another sovereign country's civilian population and expect a warm response from most nations. Unless you're Netanyahu anyway, and it very much pisses me off how much power he holds over the West right now. He and Putin are two of a kind, and the fash needs to be bashed.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Putin either intended them to be collateral damage or simply did not care.

America: "look at what you made me do"

You cannot bomb and attack another sovereign country's civilian population and expect a warm response from most nations.

It wasn't "sovereign". It was an American interest, for transparent reasons and possibly non-transparent reasons too.

Unless you're Netanyahu anyway, and it very much pisses me off how much power he holds over the West right now. He and Putin are two of a kind, and the fash needs to be bashed.

In time you might find out that Israel is worse than Russia.

You might even find that the US is on par with Russia. It's possible that Russia is better because it is not subdued by Israel.

I really don't know.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
you talked earlier about nazis, and ill forego any insults as thats the professional thing to do, but, id be interested in hearing how you were gonna prove the right are nazis, i can immediately disprove it, but im curious as to your idea.
Although not everyone who is right-wing is a Nazi, all Nazis are right-wing. Nazism is a far-right Authoritarian ideology that's considered more or less the most far-right someone can go. Pretty much all hateful or even downright harmful movements are stationed in Authoritarianism and most of the worst is part of the Right, including White Nationalism, White Supremacy, Neo-Nazis, and Traditionalism, along with several others that typically serve to harm others as a means of suppression.

I personally think all forms of Authoritarianism are harmful at their core, Right-Wing tends to be the most dangerous and detached from reality.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said that defining of conservatives as Nazis has no impact on the actual definition, that it was rational somehow.

There is a difference between saying an apple could be red and saying an apple is red.
You should re-read what I said... here it is again if you want to re-read it:

While it's true that saying all conservatives are Nazis would be a defining characteristic of conservatives from the perspective of one that holds that belief, it would not switch the context of the original term which refers to people whose ideology falls to the right of the political spectrum and traditionally hold a specific set of beliefs or values to one who conserves... anything. That is ridiculous.
Take notice:

1. I never said that defining of conservatives as Nazis has no impact on the actual definition — What I said was that people comparing Nazis to conservatives are making comparisons based on the behavior (a characteristic). That's different from it being the definition. What's worse is that even if your argument had any weight, which it doesn't, Mythrandir would still be wrong because he wasn't arguing the mythical definition of conservatives as Nazis that you've brought forward but instead 'one who conserves' which is an entirely different context than the political one.

2. I never said that it was (or wasn't) rational. That would require me to address the merits of the claim which I haven't done.

The context: Agree with us or you are wrong.
You don't have to agree, but you could put forth a better argument instead of something so ridiculous.

You should try it. You might find yourself spending less effort saying the same thing over and over again.

You might actually learn something. ;)
If I have to repeat myself, you might ask yourself why that is.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although not everyone who is right-wing is a Nazi, all Nazis are right-wing. Nazism is a far-right Authoritarian ideology that's considered more or less the most far-right someone can go. Pretty much all hateful or even downright harmful movements are stationed in Authoritarianism and most of the worst is part of the Right, including White Nationalism, White Supremacy, Neo-Nazis, and Traditionalism, along with several others that typically serve to harm others as a means of suppression.

I personally think all forms of Authoritarianism are harmful at their core, Right-Wing tends to be the most dangerous and detached from reality.

now i respect this post, this has some meat to it, and i will admit here, that i dont know a whole lot about european politics, so you might be onto something there as far as europe goes, but there are a few points i do want to talk about.

first off i dont know what the problem with nationalism is, i dont know why anyone would live in a country if they hate it, and secondly, the other 2, sure those groups are definitely a problem but represent an INCREDIBLY small number of people so sure i guess those individuals could be far right, but for the remaining 99% its the furthest thing from nazisim.

• Haha

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I never said that defining of conservatives as Nazis has no impact on the actual definition

You did say that when you said "it would not switch the context of the original term which refers to people whose ideology falls to the right of the political spectrum".

You suggested that saying conservatives are nazis as non-defining, which is false. You did so by objectively changing the words that were used.

What I said was that people comparing Nazis to conservatives are making comparisons based on the behavior (a characteristic).

You did not say that. You noticed someone saying conservatives are nazis and rephrased it to something that was not said.

Mythrandir would still be wrong because he wasn't arguing the mythical definition of conservatives as Nazis that you've brought forward but instead 'one who conserves' which is an entirely different context than the political one.

Can you read that? I don't know if you read what you say before you submit it, but I will say that the quality of being conservative is what makes someone conservative in regards to political policy. Are you of the mind that that thinks people do things for no reason whatsoever?

I never said that it was (or wasn't) rational. That would require me to address the merits of the claim which I haven't done.

You are literally doing it right now.

If I have to repeat myself, you might ask yourself why that is.

Calling facts ridiculous because chatGPT. I have a clue.

Last edited by tabzer,

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did say that when you said "it would not switch the context of the original term which refers to people whose ideology falls to the right of the political spectrum".
That's not what that means and your summary of my statement here is incomplete.

You did not say that.
That's exactly what I said. I'll let my statement speak for itself.

Can you read that? I don't know if you read what you say before you submit it, but I will say that the quality of being conservative is what makes someone conservative in regards to political policy. Are you of the mind that that thinks people do things for no reason whatsoever?
That's not what political conservatism is. Read your own ChatGPT-generated response or Dark_Ansem's response to Mythrandir.

You are literally doing it right now.
How?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That's not what political conservatism is. Read your own ChatGPT-generated response or Dark_Ansem's response to Mythrandir.

Political conservatism is derived from conservative values. It's a fact. It's backed up by what I posted from ChatGPT, and it is something that you and Dark_Disney cannot admit. How you would dispute that is beyond me. I'm convinced that your lying is pathological.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You stated that you preferred reliance on a dictionary. I provided a dictionary definition. Then you stated that the definition was not the first. I've now provided the first. How is this not moving the goal posts? Yet I still give you what you ask. I think we may be to the point that you are going to have to argue why the Oxford English Dictionary is the inferior dictionary to your preferred Merriam-Webster Dictionary

We really don't. You just are clutching at straws.

i asked you earlier to clarify something and you ignored me, so i assumed it was out of fear.

Fear of what? You? A red panda would be scarier.
Post automatically merged:

so are you willing to override the guy earlier then? because earlier he said that unsubstantiated posts arent reliable, and now you are saying mine are, so you two have to work that out.

your posts aren't substantial.

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Political conservatism is derived from conservative values. It's a fact. It's backed up by what I posted from ChatGPT, and it is something that you and Dark_Disney cannot admit. How you would dispute that is beyond me. I'm convinced that your lying is pathological.
Conservative values yes, but that's not the argument Mythrandir has been using (and you have been backing up). You don't even know what you're arguing at this point... 🤣

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Conservative values yes, but that's not the argument Mythrandir has been using (and you have been backing up). You don't even know what you're arguing at this point... 🤣

I'm arguing that "conservatives are Nazis" is a flawed supposition. It's plain. You should have admitted it too. Have you figured out the context yet?

You lied about the assertation that this conversation is based on, and then you claimed that conservative values (characteristics/views/attitudes) were not the foundation of political conservatives--that the political side of things somehow exist in vacuum.

You can weasel all you like.

• Haha

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm arguing that "conservatives are Nazis" is a flawed supposition. It's plain. You should have admitted it too. Have you figured out the context yet?

You lied about the assertation that this conversation is based on, and then you claimed that conservative values (characteristics/views/attitudes) were not the foundation of political conservatives--that the political side of things somehow exist in vacuum.

You can weasel all you like.
You still haven't been able to parse what I said. Amazing. Maybe you should run it through ChatGPT and ask it to translate to MAGA.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We really don't. You just are clutching at straws.

Fear of what? You? A red panda would be scarier.
Post automatically merged:

your posts aren't substantial.
tell the other guy dont tell me idc either way

and aww yea they totally would be those cuties

edit: look at them being all scary

:wub::wub::wub:

Last edited by lolcatzuru,
  • Haha

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You still haven't been able to parse what I said. Amazing. Maybe you should run it through ChatGPT and ask it to translate to MAGA.

Crying about about insurrection and calling conservatives nazis is what delivers more MAGA. You use it as an insult, but you try to incite it and you live for it. There's nothing genuine coming from you.

• Haha

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crying about about insurrection and calling conservatives nazis is what delivers more MAGA. You use it as an insult, but you try to incite it and you live for it. There's nothing genuine coming from you.
you forgot to mention they talk down about red pandas those pricks!

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
you forgot to mention they talk down about red pandas those pricks!

Fun fact; animals are conservative MAGA reps who generally perceive liberals as perverse; unless they are properly groomed.

I, for one, do not hate nature.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
America: "look at what you made me do"
Ukraine exposed the Russian military for the paper tiger that it is. All the US had to do was provide some of the weapons.

It wasn't "sovereign". It was an American interest, for transparent reasons and possibly non-transparent reasons too.
The textbooks in your history class must've been extremely outdated. Ukraine has been its own nation for a long time now, a nation that genuinely believed Russia to be an ally. There is no excuse you can conjure up to justify that betrayal and all the war crimes that followed.

You might even find that the US is on par with Russia. It's possible that Russia is better because it is not subdued by Israel.
The US equivalent would be attacking Mexico or Canada out of the blue. I could totally see someone as stupid as Trump pitching that idea, in fact I think he's made some questionable remarks regarding Canada already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • B
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: why be a sigma male when you could be a ligma male?