Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
most led TVs have a 1 sec lag when playing games
that doesnt sound right

I think you mean 5ms refresh rate

This is actually somewhat true... Many HD tvs have image enhancing filters applied to them, which takes a while to process and isn't noticeable in movies.. however, when playing, it is!
That's the 1 second lag, image enhancer... However, those tv's most often have something called "gaming mode" in the menus... look for it, it will speed things up ;)

Source: My own tv
It still doesn't sound right...

You guys are underestimating how long is 1sec. It's pretty damn long, when it comes to lag/refresh rate.

I don't underestimate how long 1 sec is, however, I am thinking that the 1 sec explanation is an exaggeration...
So, if the TV in the OP is a samsung at least, it DOES have lag!! It's an image enhancer, (Not the upscaler or anything, a straight forward enhancer, making it look "better"). It can be turned off by turning on the Game Mode. Game mode disables the enhancer, and just put the game on.
The enhancer is meant for movies and television, not gaming.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You guys are underestimating how long is 1sec. It's pretty damn long, when it comes to lag/refresh rate.
Read Hadrian's post. With image enhancing/processing/upscaling, there can be a significant delay between the input signal and the output video.

Mind you, upscaling is only needed for lower quality video. HD video (from the console) doesn't need to be upscaled to HD (duh).

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Read Hadrian's post. With image enhancing/processing/upscaling, there can be a significant delay between the input signal and the output video.

Mind you, upscaling is only needed for lower quality video. HD video (from the console) doesn't need to be upscaled to HD (duh).

Where did Hadrian post ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter