Gaming Bioshockz

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've heard of people having problems with sound. Maybe try updating your drivers if you've got a creative audio card? I know they're working on a patch right now...hopefully it addresses some of these issues people are having.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gaming wasn't mainstream and development costs were seldom higher than $10M USD, which meant you could venture into riskier projects without having to worry as much as to whether you'd meet the marketing dept's sales expectations.

Games budgets certainly have skyrocketed, but I don't know where you get the idea that video games weren't mainstream in the 90's. I didn't know a single male growing up back in the 80's let alone 90's that didn't play video games, or at least wish they could if their parents wouldn't buy them a console and I grew up in a poor neighborhood so these weren't spoiled kids. Did California take to video games long before the rest of the country or something? I've heard this before so maybe it was just my part of the country?

I do agree with your larger point that more money poured into each game means that a wider audience has to appreciate the game for the company to make a profit and that makes developers afraid to take risks. Also, back in the day a game could be made by one or a handful of guys, not hundreds of them, so obviously the larger corporate committee process waters them down a bit and limits the number of titles produced, but video games have been mainstream since the NES if not the Atari 2600.

Movie budgets have skyrocketed as well, but movies were mainstream back in the 30's, just cheaper to make.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...&topic=37842742
If you can't be bothered to read the whole 100+ post thread (alot are my posts) this is a discussion about whether or not the DLC (extra plasmids & tonics) are already on the game disc and whether 2K are going to try and charge you for them via Xbox Live, even though you already own them.

From one of the game's .ini files:

Downloadable content announcement
ManualTopicName=PlasmidPack1
Downloadable content announcement
[PlasmidPack1]
TopicType=Gene Tonics Unlocked!
FriendlyName=(Downloaded Content)
bHidden=true
Entry=nNEW FROM RYAN INDUSTRIES!
Entry=nHaving concluded clinical trials on four new Genetic Improvements, Ryan Industries is proud to announce the general release of their newest products:
Entry=nMachine Buster
Entry=Vending Expert
Entry=Sonic Boom
Entry=EVE Saver
Entry=nLook for them at a Gatherer's Garden near you!

Any input or feedback in the GF thread is welcome
smile.gif

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that would be great! sounds like some of those would be a fair bit of fun.

chances are they wouldn't charge for them if Irrational games are behind it, the ones who made the game. I don't trust 2K though but I'm not sure they'd get any say in the DLC apart from pricing...if it's free stuff hopefully 2K wont be involved at all. Plus they can't really charge for it if it's gonna be on PC too.

The people at Irrational are really awesome, they've apologized for 2K's stupid copy protection and are one of the few companies that put gamers first.
wink.gif

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@cubin' not sure if you were addressing me but no It's not PC problem. it for my X360s drive motor.

Anyways here's the sound I mentioned. You should hear it at the 8-9 second mark. I just want to know if anyone here is also hearing that sound when switching from ingame mode to Dashboard.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8u5ptr (500kb. Might need to turn up volume high.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY