bought a softmodded xbox, want to find out if i need to update things.

philipx99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hello all, i picked up a softmodded xbox from a small game store and i would like to find out if i need update anything. While i am totally new to xbox modding, i have at least managed to confirm that the board is a 1.1. though i realized after pulling it apart that i could look that up in the softmod menus. i have already bridged the connections for the tsop as well, but before continuing that process and removing the clock capacitor i would like to see if the softmod needs some kind of update and im not seeing any info for that. can anyone help me find my current version and explain how to update if needed?

Try to grab a copy of Heimdall Hexen Engineering Xbox Shambles Edit, it will make install more easier. You can choose which dashboard to boot from. Hope it help.

philipx99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Modern devices make a crossover cable unnecessary because they detect a crossover connection.

Normal lan cable will work with windows 10. I have been using it all the while. DHCP must be set in the dashboard like xbmc, evolutionx or unleashx. Then use program like flashfxp or filezilla to connect.

philipx99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
You need to set a static ip and DHCP won't work.
For me it work. DHCP have been set for my xbox thru xbmc 3.5.3-r33027. I using flashfxp to connect to my xbox all the while thru this connection using normal lan cable. Make sure firewall configure correctly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You need to set a static ip and DHCP won't work.

Need to connect the xbox and PC directly thru router to work.

Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Google “Xbox Softmodding Tool Kit” if you want the latest.

My extras disc has everything you need to get up and running with the latest dashboards.

Currently v1.1.2 doesn’t have my patches UnleashX Build 584 that will be in v1.1.3.
( I fixed the FileZilla and winscp FTP issues )

kami44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i ended up running the 2017 hexen for the tsop and i think everything is up to date. I set up ftp, dhcp works fine. At this point i just can't figure out what emulators to use our how to get xbmc to find anything.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So i ended up running the 2017 hexen for the tsop and i think everything is up to date. I set up ftp, dhcp works fine. At this point i just can't figure out what emulators to use our how to get xbmc to find anything.
For NES NestopiaX
For SNES ZSNEXBOX
For N64 Surreal64
For some Arcade stuff Final Burn Legends
For GBA XBoyadvance
For Mame MameX
For Genesis Neogenesis
For PSX PCSXBOX

Reactions: TheLegendofMario

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat