bought a softmodded xbox, want to find out if i need to update things.

kami44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, i picked up a softmodded xbox from a small game store and i would like to find out if i need update anything. While i am totally new to xbox modding, i have at least managed to confirm that the board is a 1.1. though i realized after pulling it apart that i could look that up in the softmod menus. i have already bridged the connections for the tsop as well, but before continuing that process and removing the clock capacitor i would like to see if the softmod needs some kind of update and im not seeing any info for that. can anyone help me find my current version and explain how to update if needed?

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hello all, i picked up a softmodded xbox from a small game store and i would like to find out if i need update anything. While i am totally new to xbox modding, i have at least managed to confirm that the board is a 1.1. though i realized after pulling it apart that i could look that up in the softmod menus. i have already bridged the connections for the tsop as well, but before continuing that process and removing the clock capacitor i would like to see if the softmod needs some kind of update and im not seeing any info for that. can anyone help me find my current version and explain how to update if needed?
The only stuff you would need to update is the dashboard if you want but remove the clock cap ASAP.

kami44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i already spent a while cleaning up acid. i read that the wrong version of softmod can cause problems after removing the cap? if thats not the case i will take it out now.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Where did you read that? That is total nonsense.

It's not nonsense.

Older softmod methods indeed could loop the Xbox as the clock wasn't valid.

OP, you've got nothing to worry about.
Most, if not all softmods and dashes these days simply ignore the clock and set the time via internet anyway.

kami44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how would i go about doing the dash update, or seeing if i even need to?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also thank you guys for the help.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pretty much all the softmods install the latest UnleashX/Evox/whatever dash.
I'd suggest UnleashX.

They haven't been updated in years and are likely to never receive updates anymore.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

kami44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting picks now. i did find xbmc, it says 2012 in the system info.

try this.jpg
is this what im looking for

it also bounces around sid 5.11 sometimes, but if i enter unleashx it bounces 5.10. not sure what any of that means but felt i should mention it.

heres the other menus
20171010_201255.jpg
20171010_201332.jpg

kami44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so in order to install these do i need to buy a usb to xbox converter? or is there another way to do it? this is the part i dont understand. im not sure how to get files onto the xbox and how to install them at this point.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so in order to install these do i need to buy a usb to xbox converter? or is there another way to do it? this is the part i dont understand. im not sure how to get files onto the xbox and how to install them at this point.
since its flashed, you can put the files on the DVD, or you can use the CrossOver cable, you need to make 1 yourself or buy 1, or you can purchase or make 1 adapter for the controller to usb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1