• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

BREXIT [Poll] vote!

Should the UK leave the EU?

• Yes

Votes: 129 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 215 62.5%

• Total voters

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wasn't directing my post to anyone. If your logic is me saying something bad about the left that means me being an automatic Trump supporter, than sign me up.

You were directing your post at "the left", you know, these know-it-all hippies who don't shave and think you should treat everyone as the human being they are - even "those gays" and "those arabs".

Last edited by Uwabami,
D

Deleted User

You were directing your post at "the left", you know, these know-it-all hippies who don't shave and think you should tread everyone as the human being they are - even "those gays" and "those arabs".
I really think your being sarcastic now.....

Your taking my post so out of context your making me sound like I said kill all gays. Jesus Christ calm down.
I can see why your part of the left now.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really think your being sarcastic now.....

Your taking my post so out of context your making me sound like I said kill all gays. Jesus Christ calm down.
I can see why your part of the left now.

I never accused you of wanting to murder someone. And wow, you think I'm being sarcastic? What made you think that, Mr. "there is a lot of fear-mongering on the left"? Fox News or the Drudge Report?

D

Deleted User

I never accused you of wanting to murder someone. And wow, you think I'm being sarcastic? What made you think that, Mr. "there is a lot of fear-mongering on the left"? Fox News or the Drudge Report?
Ok yeah. I am done here. Your obviously a crazy leftest looking for a internet dual to make your ego feel better. This is getting nonsensical now. Bringing up those good ol' right stereotypes.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say I really know enough about Europe to make a judgement on it. However, if the EU is as incompetant as the UN then I'm not surprised that people want to leave.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok yeah. I am done here. Your obviously a crazy leftest looking for a internet dual to make your ego feel better. This is getting nonsensical now. Bringing up those good ol' right stereotypes.

Wait, you really didn't notice you started it by stereotyping "the left", which again, from a US POV is really everyone in Europe (health care, unemployment benefits, free education in most countries, modern voting laws that don't discriminate anyone).

I can't say I really know enough about Europe to make a judgement on it. However, if the EU is as incompetant as the UN then I'm not surprised that people want to leave.

England benefits massively from the EU's common market and poorer parts of the country like Cornwall are dependent on EU money, as are farmers. The EU does need a lot of reforms, but one of the biggest breaks on those has been England (not the UK as a whole).

Leaving the common market will of course hurt their economy. And again: Scotland and probably Northern Ireland and Wales want to stay.

Last edited by Uwabami,

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Well, the UN and the EU have different roles. You can't possibly compare an assembly of countries which goals is peace on Earth to an economic union between neighbor states.

That said, I don't know what to vote, about the Brexit.
What I do know is that I'm fed up with the current state of the EU. Only a economic union,, with economic policies only which only benefits big companies and right wing parties. Did you know that the EU parliament has never had a left majority ? Only right from start.

Time to stop this, and let's make a social union, that can benefits every EU citizen, not only companies.

Last edited by AkGBA,

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, the UN and the EU have different roles. You can't possibly compare an assembly of countries which goals is peace on Earth to an economic union between neighbor states.

That said, I don't know what to vote, about the Brexit.
What I do know is that I'm fed up with the current state of the EU. Only a economic union,, with economic policies only which only benefits big companies and right wing parties. Did you know that the EU parliament has never had a left majority ? Only right for start.

Time to stop this, and let's make a social union, that can benefits every EU citizen, not only companies.

Well, for this we'll need a closer political union with ministers and a "president" of sorts. Especially England, but also our countries have prevented this in the past. But in the end, we need a "United States of Europe" to stay together and equate wealth in all regions.

Reactions: AkGBA
D

Deleted-355425

Well, for this we'll need a closer political union with ministers and a "president" of sorts. Especially England, but also our countries have prevented this in the past. But in the end, we need a "United States of Europe" to stay together and equate wealth in all regions.

We don't need the EU, we've had rescissions and a overload on our health service since we joined and it's time the gravel boat gets shut.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We don't need the EU, we've had rescissions and a overload on our health service since we joined and it's time the gravel boat gets shut.

Good. Leave. You've only looked out for yourselves (the "Rebate") and were always the break on real reforms. Good riddance.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is always so funny to hear English people saying in interviews how bad the EU is and that they are only paying and not receiving anything XD

A lot of EU money goes into the UK and it is no wonder that Cameron who was the worst anti EU guy for a long time is now begging the people no to vote against the EU ... It was already a big mistake not to get the Euro in my opinion as it would not only have benefited th thete UK but the whole EU as well -.-

Maybe the Government should try to inform the people as good as possible before letting them vote for something as important as leaving the EU,
I think most people (me as well) are hardly enough informed about what the EU does as usually we only get infos like "the EU uses up X amount of Euro to regulate how a banana has to look like ..." and stuff like that.

In 2014 the UK received €6.98 billion in EU funding. Of this, €3.95 billion, or 57%, went on farm spending, which is above the EU average of 42%. Regional policy accounted for €1.72 billion (25%), well below the EU average of 42%. Research and development accounted for €1.02 billion (15%), more than double the EU average of 7%.

But I have to admit that the UK pays more than it gets like 90% of all the country's with exceptions like Greece and such ...

Last edited by Youkai,

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is always so funny to hear English people saying in interviews how bad the EU is and that they are only paying and not receiving anything XD

A lot of EU money goes into the UK and it is no wonder that Cameron who was the worst anti EU guy for a long time is now begging the people no to vote against the EU ... It was already a big mistake not to get the Euro in my opinion as it would not only have benefited th thete UK but the whole EU as well -.-

Maybe the Government should try to inform the people as good as possible before letting them vote for something as important as leaving the EU,
I think most people (me as well) are hardly enough informed about what the EU does as usually we only get infos like "the EU uses up X amount of Euro to regulate how a banana has to look like ..." and stuff like that.

But I have to admit that the UK pays more than it gets like 90% of all the country's with exceptions like Greece and such ...

The UK gets access to the common market. Again: ask Norway and Switzerland how paying for access without having any say on its rules has been like. Also, Scots, and likely the Irish and Welsh as well would consider another referendum to leave the UK and stay in the EU. There's a real chance this will tear the UK apart.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I'm voting to remain. To leave a huge economic block is insane particularly it's going to have on our economy. The EU is far from an ideal set up in terms of current organisation and vision. But there's certainly good with EU money used to invest in some of the poorest parts of Britain in the North and Wales. The Leave campaign has not been able to provide a tangible argument let alone vision to make me even contemplate leaving, you cannot magically make up for the lost of an economic union and billions lost from there to the promise of new Jerusalem. The idea that we could have a relationship with the EU like Norway is pretty farcical in itself where we would end be ending up paying 90% of what EU members pay in and 0% of the say.

But hey, for a lot of people this isn't an economic argument but an emotional argument whether it be wanting to give politicians a punch in the face or the inane belief the EU is entirely responsible for the problems we have in Blighty. The frustrating thing for me the complete failure of the Remain who focused so much on Project Fear which is a terrible way to run any kind of campaign.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
I'm curious. Would this change anything to the world situation?
It would change a lot. The UK is one of the 4 biggest economical countries of the EU. A Brexit would be a huge loss for the Europen economy. For instance, Airbus machine parts are mainly produced in the UK, Germany, France and Spain. If the UK leaves the EU the business will become very obfuscating I think. For us European citizens it will be very annoying if we want to go on vacation to the UK, work there for some time and so on due the lack of the Schengen Agreement. Import and export can easily be adhered by extra taxes.

please correct me if i'm wrong

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Disappointing that so many people said 'No' in this thread's poll. I guess sovereignty means nothing to them.

And of course all the Germans are saying how 'good' the EU is for the UK, no surprises there.

You're right, fear-mongering and bullshit is usually reserved for the far right!
Everyone who doesn't share my ideology must be far right!

D

Deleted User

Disappointing that so many people said 'No' in this thread's poll. I guess sovereignty means nothing to them.

And of course all the Germans are saying how 'good' the EU is for the UK, no surprises there.

Everyone who doesn't share my ideology must be far right!
Haha yep. Pretty sad if I do say so myself. Can't wait to see what happens. It's like a movie. Wow!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • haddad
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...