• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

British General Election 2017 Results Discussion

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
My opinion is that Theresa May should've just waited until 2020. And now its going to look awful for her. Why? Simply because her having to make a deal with the evil DUP makes her and the UK more vulnerable in the Brexit discussions. I just think it was all a mistake for her. Sure she will still be prime minister due to her stubbornness but that wont really makes Britain's negotiating position any better. Well, I assumed something like this would happen. It was obvious. I wish the EU the best in negotiations.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My opinion is that Theresa May should've just waited until 2020. And now its going to look awful for her. Why? Simply because her having to make a deal with the evil DUP makes her and the UK more vulnerable in the Brexit discussions. I just think it was all a mistake for her. Sure she will still be prime minister due to her stubbornness but that wont really makes Britain's negotiating position any better. Well, I assumed something like this would happen. It was obvious. I wish the EU the best in negotiations.
"DUP"?

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
The DUP is evil, a lot of my friends from the UK really don't want them to have their way, and I don't blame them. Damn political extremists from the look of things.
Exactly and because May was an idiot she is giving them power. I keep reading that May is promising that she will do her best to expand ssm into Northern Ireland but lets be frank. She has no power to do so. Without the DUP there can be no government. So she is at their mercy. But I'm so glad Sinn Fein gained 3 seats~!:toot:

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly and because May was an idiot she is giving them power. I keep reading that May is promising that she will do her best to expand ssm into Northern Ireland but lets be frank. She has no power to do so. Without the DUP there can be no government. So she is at their mercy. But I'm so glad Sinn Fein gained 3 seats~!:toot:

The main reason I can't stand May, is because she's pro fox hunting, which I absolutely despise as it is cruel and absolutely unnecessary in this day and age, and looks like she doesn't have a chance to repeal the 2004 fox hunting ban. So yeah, among her other half-assed "promises", she should be kicked out of office.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who knows really? If it is soley focused on economic issues than it will turn out good.

The main reason I can't stand May, is because she's pro fox hunting, which I absolutely despise as it is cruel and absolutely unnecessary in this day and age, and looks like she doesn't have a chance to repeal the 2004 fox hunting ban. So yeah, among her other half-assed "promises", she should be kicked out of office.
Heh, all the PM people are shitty but overall May seeks probably worst of all

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who knows really? If it is soley focused on economic issues than it will turn out good.

Heh, all the PM people are shitty but overall May seeks probably worst of all

I don't know anyone dumb enough to vote for someone like her, there's no logic, everyone I know from friends in the UK all hate her guts lol.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anyone dumb enough to vote for someone like her, there's no logic, everyone I know from friends in the UK all hate her guts lol.
Well realistically there are a lot of issues going on with labour that hurt it (Blairites vs Corbyn) so I can see it. I mean overall the Torries are better than labour although I do love me some Corbyn ( I know I am the opposite). But I would vote LibDem as they are the most libertarian overall and I only like Corbyn due to his FP and May for her economics... Regardless I hate most major parties regardless of who they are

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've only read the last two pages and don't get the references to religion.

Anyhows credit to Theresa May, she did something quite special and rather than shoot herself in the foot, she shot herself in the head. In a moment of madness, I ended up rejoining the Labour party.

EDIT: What the fuck is with the mentions of muslims? No one gave a shit about that. If anything it was about May fucking up and people getting sick of austerity. Corbs tapped into the feelings of helplessness many felt coupled with a message of hope against fear and led Labour to a credible performance which can act as a base for future victory. It was amazing at how little immigration was commented on in this election especially after the last few years.

Last edited by emigre,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30