jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bungie and Microsoft Corp. today announced a plan for Bungie Studios, the developers of Microsoft’s “Halo” franchise, to become a privately held independent company, Bungie, LLC, in which Microsoft will hold a minority equity interest. As part of this transaction, Bungie and Microsoft have forged a deep and long-term development and publishing relationship focused on the continued success of the “Halo” franchise. It is also the intent of both parties to expand their partnership to include new IP created and owned by Bungie.

Bungie Statement

Yahoo News

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess not much would change seeing Microsoft still have their claws in them. Bungie had creative control anyway before hand so...meh?

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
halo for wii?
oh I was about to edit my post
smile.gif

May be they'll make a spin off series for other platform

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course they would still develop primarily on a Microsoft platform, they've been developing on a Microsoft platform for nearly a decade! Kinda makes sense to stick to what you know, wouldn't you think? What would be nice to know is if they have any grand plans for a new series, perhaps something that would mark their return to the Mac? hmmmmmm?
wink.gif

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, Halo on the DS won't happen. Not without Microsofts permission I mean. Microsoft still has the Halo rights.

And they also have the rights for MechAssault and for Viva Piñata too..
unsure.gif
-I suppose-.

They're not talking about Halo here, but I think it makes Microsoft's plans very clear:
QUOTE“A Kameo or a Viva Piñata on a DS makes a lot of sense in a lot of ways from a franchise perspective. I think it’s fair to say that we’re going to continue to invest in that property [Viva Piñata]. Whether that is in the form of a sequel, a product line extension or through merchandising, whatever the case may be, that’s something that we’re going to stick with.” ” Whether you’re talking about [publishing games on] mobile or the DS — you probably won’t see it on the PSP, though.” - Shane Kim Corporate Vice President for Microsoft Game Studios
Wiki

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a Kotaku interview:

Kotaku: With this new independence are you allowed to start playing around with developing titles for Nintendo and Sony?

Brian Jarrard: For the foreseeable future we're focused on Microsoft platforms and the Xbox and Xbox 360 have obviously been very good to us.

Kotaku: The whole Halo on the DS rumor just doesn't want to die, do you see that in the cards?

Brian Jarrard: This rumor has been circulating for a while and as you know we even saw some real life screens and assets this week. Ultimately it's up to Microsoft to decide if and when they take Halo to a different platform. That particular demo was in fact created and I believe it was an unsolicited pitch a long time ago but nothing ever came of it.

Full Q&A: http://kotaku.com/gaming/feature/bungie-ow...e-qa-307656.php

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, maybe this is a good thing.

Let's all start bombarding Bungie with thousands of letters and emails about getting Halo 3 DS.

But that would require a contract with Nintendo...?

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know the second video is probably just a video put on a flash cart or something, but if I knew a Halo game existed for the DS, I would not have bothered getting Goldeneye DS. Especially since I ended up a little underwhelmed by the game.
mellow.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol i knew it.

all you guys in the other halo 4 ds thread were like 'no wai dudez microsoft wont let bungie go no wai' and i was like: "no way man it could happen, stranger things have happened before'

awesomez

bungie make excellent games so hopefully something shows up on the ds or wii

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They should make Oni 2.

I loved that game
tongue.gif
Take Two owns the rights to Oni (Halo was going to be published by them as well, before the Microsoft buyout), so it's unlikely Bungie will ever do a sequel. Also, most of the devs who were on that project were absorbed into one of Take Two's subsidiaries as part of a deal between them and Microsoft/Bungie IIRC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...