Hacking Can we port nvidia shield tv OS on Nintendo switch?

Fadi5555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there.
I just really wondering about getting nvidia shield tv os on switch. It'll be more reasonable to get it more than Linux.

Imagine guys you can run all apps and games like (resident evil 5, tomb raider, metal gear solid 5). And other games.
Of course besides emulators like (dolphin, ppsspp, damon ps2 pro, and retroarch most of all).

Actually nvidia shield tv is open source. See here:
https://developer.nvidia.com/shield-open-source

So it'll be great idea to have that amazing os on the go besides Nintendo switch os.

Please tells me your thoughts?
Thanks....

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% sure, but if the CPU's are the same, we would just need the drivers to interface with the different hardware, right?
The shield runs at a higher clock right? The Switch housing may not be able to handle the heat.

Fadi5555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The shield runs at a higher clock right? The Switch housing may not be able to handle the heat.
Yeah you're right but it has more ram than nvidia shield tv. The idea of porting nvidia os to switch is amazing we just need someone who familiar with these things. There's a huge apps/games library on nvidia shield tv.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have already suggested this idea. You can practically emulate an NVidia image in any Virtual System.
Sounds amazing if we can. As you see it's open source.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah you're right but it has more ram than nvidia shield tv. The idea of porting nvidia os to switch is amazing we just need someone who familiar with these things. There's a huge apps/games library on nvidia shield tv.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sounds amazing if we can. As you see it's open source.
Now download the Chinese image of Shield TV. I'll see how it works first in a virtual system. In addition, it is an Android modified like many.

Fadi5555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now download the Chinese image of Shield TV. I'll see how it works first in a virtual system. In addition, it is an Android modified like many.
Sounds amazing. The most important thing about getting Chinese image you'll be able to buy wii/gamecube games on store because the Chinese version came with an official gamecube/wii emulator which is pretty amazing.

Last edited by Fadi5555,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Fadi5555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if Nvidia Shield can be ported, but i'm pretty sure Moonlight Stream can. http://moonlight-stream.com/
It's an open source implementation of Nvidia Shield and can be run even in the Raspberry Pi
If we can select which apps/emulators want to port them on switch:

In my opinion:
Dolphin
Ppsspp
Damon pro ps2.

What about you guys?

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Switch's SoC can't be overclocked (like non-K Intel CPUs).
(Reswitched's words, not mine)

We might not be able to overclock the Tegra X1 SoC, but I'm pretty sure we will be able to remove Switch's underclock so its SoC can run at X1 maximum clock speed (which is equal to Shield TV's clock speed) at some point.

Reactions: Fadi5555

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +1