Hacking Can we port nvidia shield tv OS on Nintendo switch?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
We might not be able to overclock the Tegra X1 SoC, but I'm pretty sure we will be able to remove Switch's underclock so its SoC can run at X1 maximum clock speed (which is equal to Shield TV's clock speed) at some point.
Switch is stock Tegra X1. Shield TV is overclocked.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Search for Rainway. I think it's pretty much what you are asking here.

He means running the Shield TV's operating system on the Switch. Meaning Android. There'd be no point in having homebrew on the Switch OS itself when you could just dual boot using FG/ShofEL2. Plus, once it's working, you could literally go into the Play Store, buy Half Life 2 and Portal and have a great time.

Fadi5555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He means running the Shield TV's operating system on the Switch. Meaning Android. There'd be no point in having homebrew on the Switch OS itself when you could just dual boot using FG/ShofEL2. Plus, once it's working, you could literally go into the Play Store, buy Half Life 2 and Portal and have a great time.
You're absolutely right if it happens. I'll gonna buy resident evil 5 , tomb raider , metal gear solid 5 and much more.
It'll be amazing to play these on the go.

Reactions: aut0mat3d

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This is what I have when unzipping Shield TV China.

Captura de pantalla (122).png

The truth is not how to order all this, not even to run it in a Virtual System. Apparently they are specific files for flashing in FastBoot mode on Shield TV

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That's not the way to respond ... hopefully someone who already spa "port for Android", whatever that means, get to run it. It will be a pleasure to follow him

Deleted member 388531

Trophies
XP
If we can select which apps/emulators want to port them on switch:

In my opinion:
Dolphin
Ppsspp
Damon pro ps2.

What about you guys?
Damonps2 uses stolen code from both PPSSPP and pcsx2.
Also it's violating GPL license (breaking the law) and being sold by sketchy Chinese developers for $10.

Last edited by Deleted member 388531,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi there.
I just really wondering about getting nvidia shield tv os on switch. It'll be more reasonable to get it more than Linux.

Imagine guys you can run all apps and games like (resident evil 5, tomb raider, metal gear solid 5). And other games.
Of course besides emulators like (dolphin, ppsspp, damon ps2 pro, and retroarch most of all).

Actually nvidia shield tv is open source. See here:
https://developer.nvidia.com/shield-open-source

So it'll be great idea to have that amazing os on the go besides Nintendo switch os.

Please tells me your thoughts?
Thanks....
For sure. Linux is already working, that's a big step towards getting Android running since Android also makes use of the Linux kernel. Not all the features are working yet though, for example sound doesn't work IIRC.
If we can get everything working correctly on Linux without using closed source drivers, then that should translate across to Android since the drivers should be reasonably easy to build for Android with some modifications. That is, if appropriate Android drivers don't already exist for the hardware.
Android is rather different from GNU/Linux so it would be easiest to find existing drivers for Android that will work, but in some cases that might be difficult.
f0f seem the most interested in Linux, but I'm not sure if Android counts as that to them. It will no doubt happen eventually though, by their hands or someone else's. We might just have to wait for CFW to mature to attract more devs or to give the existing devs free time to work on something else.

Reactions: Pluupy and Fadi5555

Fadi5555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For sure. Linux is already working, that's a big step towards getting Android running since Android also makes use of the Linux kernel. Not all the features are working yet though, for example sound doesn't work IIRC.
If we can get everything working correctly on Linux without using closed source drivers, then that should translate across to Android since the drivers should be reasonably easy to build for Android with some modifications. That is, if appropriate Android drivers don't already exist for the hardware.
Android is rather different from GNU/Linux so it would be easiest to find existing drivers for Android that will work, but in some cases that might be difficult.
f0f seem the most interested in Linux, but I'm not sure if Android counts as that to them. It will no doubt happen eventually though, by their hands or someone else's. We might just have to wait for CFW to mature to attract more devs or to give the existing devs free time to work on something else.
You can't imagine how I liked your answer. And was enjoying reading. Thanks a lot for your answer and these information.
I really hope to get nvidia shield tv os running on switch.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reading some threads today, I found information regarding the RCM mode. http://http.download.nvidia.com/tegra-public-appnotes/tegra-boot-flow.html where a file called "BTC" is configured, probably the same one used in Atmosphere, and also Hekate. If someone of the scene still will not be doing it (Maybe in private), this could be implemented to boot Shield TV OS in Nintendo Switch configuring the BTC file, which contains data about the hardware configuration, including Overclocking

Reactions: Fadi5555

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus