Can Wii games be launched in the Gamepad off SD with Wii flow?

clandestine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know USB loader GX does not support launching Wii games from SD. But wii flow does!

My question is, can you have gamepad support when doing so?

clandestine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the new version of USB loader GX support Wii games on gamepad if launches from the SD card? Or is the best route to inject and install the Wii games to the Wii U HD still?

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the new version of USB loader GX support Wii games on gamepad if launches from the SD card? Or is the best route to inject and install the Wii games to the Wii U HD still?
I've always had the best results by injecting the Wii games and installing them as WUPs, so I will always recommend that method over any others.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, for gamepad support you need to run it as a VC inject so it uses HAI-IOS, which handles the Disc Drive and controller emulation.
But HAI-IOS isn't a custom IOS, so it doesn't have USB-Loading / SD loading capabilities. Remember it's not the USB loader which handles the running from USB/SD but the IOS. The USB loader is just a interface which tells the cIOS what to do.
If the USB loader would reload a cIOS you would no longer running the HAI-IOS and therefore lose gamepad support

clandestine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, for gamepad support you need to run it as a VC inject so it uses HAI-IOS, which handles the Disc Drive and controller emulation.
But HAI-IOS isn't a custom IOS, so it doesn't have USB-Loading / SD loading capabilities. Remember it's not the USB loader which handles the running from USB/SD but the IOS. The USB loader is just a interface which tells the cIOS what to do.
If the USB loader would reload a cIOS you would no longer running the HAI-IOS and therefore lose gamepad support

Appreciate that explanation! Makes sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already