• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Canadian federal elections of 2021 were rigged

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been prouved apparently. The Globe and Mail say they have proofs that China interfered in canadian federal elections of 2021
From what I've understood, they asked their ambadacies to threaten chinese peoples in canada (those who have the right to vote) so they vote strategically
China wanted Trudeau to be reelected but with a minority of deputy.
Something that made them wanting Trudeau was because they found him to be weak, that he won't ever dare to sentence china for anything they do wrong

One such example is the Huawei scandal, when their CEO was arrested at vancouver. United States asked for us to deliever her to them so that she gets judged for a couple of economical crimes.
China opposed to this extradition and wanted Trudeau to send her back to china.
In the end, Trudeau just never decided anything, she was set to house arrest in vancouver for a couple of years, before usa made a deal with her, lifting most of the charges against her, and she was then sent back to china

I must admit, Trudeau do is weak. I hated his predecessor, Stephen Harper, much more than Trudeau. but at least, Harper actually had balls...

Last edited by Noctosphere,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
From what I've understood, they asked their ambadacies to threaten chinese peoples in canada (those who have the right to vote) so they vote strategically
Okay... Just to be clear. you're saying the following...

1. there's a group of Chinese-Canadian citizens large enough to sway the Canadian election
2. China told them to vote for Trudeau under threat of sanctions
3. They all obliged (or at least in such numbers that Trudeau won whereas he otherwise wouldn't)
4. Nobody made any mentions of this until now (2 years later)

Correct?

If so (I'm not familiar with this at all, so sorry if i appear to be slow)... It sounds unlikely. Certainly not 'rigged the election', but more socially engineered. But what can i say? If i could influence enough people to vote in my favor, why would it be illegal?
That threat, of course, isn't. But that's what makes the story unlikely. If i threaten thousands of people to do my bidding, the chances of it leaking are also a thousand times more likely. So why would i go that direction when the alternative is much more appealing: just campaign for the guy. It got a misogynist elected in the us in 2016, and that wasn't even a re-election!

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay... Just to be clear. you're saying the following...

1. there's a group of Chinese-Canadian citizens large enough to sway the Canadian election
2. China told them to vote for Trudeau under threat of sanctions
3. They all obliged (or at least in such numbers that Trudeau won whereas he otherwise wouldn't)
4. Nobody made any mentions of this until now (2 years later)

Correct?

If so (I'm not familiar with this at all, so sorry if i appear to be slow)... It sounds unlikely. Certainly not 'rigged the election', but more socially engineered. But what can i say? If i could influence enough people to vote in my favor, why would it be illegal?
That threat, of course, isn't. But that's what makes the story unlikely. If i threaten thousands of people to do my bidding, the chances of it leaking are also a thousand times more likely. So why would i go that direction when the alternative is much more appealing: just campaign for the guy. It got a misogynist elected in the us in 2016, and that wasn't even a re-election!
well, I heard at the radio that only in the great Toronto (meaning the city and all smaller cities around it) there's over 2 millions of chineses. Though I dont know exactly how many them have the right to vote, but that can give you an idea

RetroGen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Foreign interference in an election does not equal rigged. For an election to be rigged, one party would have to hack the voting machines, bribe electoral officials, or something illegal like that, in order to win. China, Russia, and the USA all have a long history of interfering in foreign elections in various ways. Some prominent GOP strategists have also worked for the Conservative Party of Canada (and it shows in their divisive rhetoric). Similarly, Trump had no problem with Russian interference helping him get elected.

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I heard at the radio that only in the great Toronto (meaning the city and all smaller cities around it) there's over 2 millions of chineses. Though I dont know exactly how many them have the right to vote, but that can give you an idea
That would only really address the first point, and doesn't cover it's a bit hard to believe it went quiet for 2 years. Also if it's been "prouved", you should probably link to something.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foreign interference in an election does not equal rigged. For an election to be rigged, one party would have to hack the voting machines, bribe electoral officials, or something illegal like that, in order to win. China, Russia, and the USA all have a long history of interfering in foreign elections in various ways. Some prominent GOP strategists have also worked for the Conservative Party of Canada (and it shows in their divisive rhetoric). Similarly, Trump had no problem with Russian interference helping him get elected.
Russians did not help Trump get elected. Even DNI Clapper was forced to admit that in sworn Senate testimony in 2017 and the DOJ dropped all charges on the Russian troll farm in 2020 because they actually showed up in court to defend themselves.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That would only really address the first point, and doesn't cover it's a bit hard to believe it went quiet for 2 years. Also if it's been "prouved", you should probably link to something.
It hasn't been "quiet" for two years
Theres speculation about since during the election

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The US' election was rigged! The Brazil's election was rigged! The Canada election was rigged! The UK election was rigged! All of them! Always these godamn imiggrant-pedophiles-drug addicts-communists taking away mu freedom!

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The US' election was rigged! The Brazil's election was rigged! The Canada election was rigged! The UK election was rigged! All of them! Always these godamn imiggrant-pedophiles-drug addicts-communists taking away mu freedom!
I mean, alot of stuff is rigged

but hey! urmum is rigged! (Shitpost)

• Haha
Reactions: caipora

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
At this point anything related to politics is rigged in some way
Alternatively: there will always be somebody claiming that any electoral outcome they don't like is rigged. When it comes to capitalism, when you want to find the truth, all you have to do is follow the money.

• Haha
Reactions: caipora

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At this point anything related to politics is rigged in some way
Do we not have to disavow that? Historically some elections may have been subject to shenanigans but to be allowed on various popular sites that are a list of ones that definitively have never ever had any kind of wrongdoing, or if there is then it was so small as to not change the outcome in the slightest.

Back on topic is this something real or just weird Canada rules that had people not in Canada (or possibly even eligible to vote) not being able to say anything (vote for/don't vote for).

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we not have to disavow that? Historically some elections may have been subject to shenanigans but to be allowed on various popular sites that are a list of ones that definitively have never ever had any kind of wrongdoing, or if there is then it was so small as to not change the outcome in the slightest.
Yes we should but with how things are going there's not a lot to hold the countries who engage in interference.

Which is why the solution is to tear everything down and let MY political ideology rise from the ashes(/s).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://garticphone.com/en/?c=0013ff1238