• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Canadian Weed Legalization

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: Xzi

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains cancer-causing chemicals. There are 33 cancer-causing chemicals contained in marijuana. Marijuana smoke also deposits tar into the lungs. In fact, when equal amounts of marijuana and tobacco are smoked, marijuana deposits four times as much tar into the lungs. This is because marijuana joints are un-filtered and often more deeply inhaled than cigarettes."

Which is what I expected BUT it seems that THC may help make the tar less hazardous.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains cancer-causing chemicals. There are 33 cancer-causing chemicals contained in marijuana. Marijuana smoke also deposits tar into the lungs. In fact, when equal amounts of marijuana and tobacco are smoked, marijuana deposits four times as much tar into the lungs. This is because marijuana joints are un-filtered and often more deeply inhaled than cigarettes."

Which is what I expected BUT it seems that THC may help make the tar less hazardous.
I know nothing about that, but I guess the cannabis produced by the state will be more natural than the one made by criminal organisations
right?
I mean, Hell's surely put stuff in it to make more profit or something like that, no?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

I should have said no "conclusive" evidence. The rates are so low that it's impossible to determine if cancer was caused by marijuana or other factors.

A lot of things can cause cancer. Car fumes, cooking meat at high temperatures, even sitting too much. There are so many cancer causing things in your life, that you probably dont even realize, that marijuana isnt even a factor.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should have said no "conclusive" evidence. The rates are so low that it's impossible to determine if cancer was caused by marijuana or other factors.

A lot of things can cause cancer. Car fumes, cooking meat at high temperatures, even sitting too much. There are so many cancer causing things in your life, that you probably dont even realize, that marijuana isnt even a factor.
I kinda understand, I been telling people in my neighborhood this about 5g lately....

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Anything that you burn causes lung cancer. This is due to the burning chemical reaction produce product that is hazardous when inhaled, including products that cause cancer. Weed is not less or more dangerous than burning tobacco.

What I really don't like a bout weed legalization is that smoking weed is now legal, which means that I may have to wear a gas mask soon, since I have a deadly allergy to weed.

Last edited by medoli900,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anything that you burn causes lung cancer. This is due to the burning chemical reaction produce product that is hazardous when inhaled, including products that cause cancer. Weed is not less or more dangerous than burning tobacco.

What I really don't like a bout weed legalization is that smoking weed is now legal, which means that I may have to wear a gas mask soon, since I have a deadly allergy to weed.
Are you canadian? :O

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Where do you guys get your information from? Most flamible materials are carbon based, which means carbon monoxide is produced when burning. Carbon monoxide can kill you from asphyxiation in minutes, that light years from being able to cause cancer. Some materials already have toxic chemicals in them and are released when burning, like plastic and rubber and such. These will kill you from organ damage, again, far before cancer could take hold.

Weed is far less dangerous than cigarettes. Cigarettes contain pesticides, formaldehyde, and all sorts of deadly shit.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I stopped reading right there.

It's the 21st century, you cannot escape it.
Grow up and deal with it.
Not everyone likes to be intoxicated such as you, and how you put it. By your own weird mentality then none of us can escape alcohol.

You like being in a messed up state, that's your decision. Don't claim others can't ditch it.

Anyway, I love rewatching the Trailer Park Boys but smoke drugs? Nah, I'm staying away from alcohol so weed is the same case. Fun show to watch, would hate to be one of them, though.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Where do you guys get your information from? Most flamible materials are carbon based, which means carbon monoxide is produced when burning. Carbon monoxide can kill you from asphyxiation in minutes, that light years from being able to cause cancer. Some materials already have toxic chemicals in them and are released when burning, like plastic and rubber and such. These will kill you from organ damage, again, far before cancer could take hold.

Weed is far less dangerous than cigarettes. Cigarettes contain pesticides, formaldehyde, and all sorts of deadly shit.
I said tobacco, not cigarette.
As for source:
http://firescope.caloes.ca.gov/spec...combustion_products_effect_on_life_safety.pdf

"Organic Irritants Pyrolysis and/or incomplete combustion of organic materials can lead to a wide variety of organic irritant species. Those considered to be the most important toxicologically are formaldehyde, unsaturated aldehydes (especially acrolein), and isocyanates (from nitrogen-containing polymers15). The first two result from partial oxidation of the carbon in the material. (Further oxidation leads to the formation of CO and then CO2.) Acrolein, in particular, has been demonstrated to be present in many fire atmospheres.16 It is also formed from the smoldering of all cellulosic materials and from the oxidative pyrolysis of polyethylenes."

Just the formaldehyde is enough to cause cancer. Of course this is OBVIOUSLY if the person survive after smoking, that should be obvious enough.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I said tobacco, not cigarette.
As for source:
http://firescope.caloes.ca.gov/spec...combustion_products_effect_on_life_safety.pdf

"Organic Irritants Pyrolysis and/or incomplete combustion of organic materials can lead to a wide variety of organic irritant species. Those considered to be the most important toxicologically are formaldehyde, unsaturated aldehydes (especially acrolein), and isocyanates (from nitrogen-containing polymers15). The first two result from partial oxidation of the carbon in the material. (Further oxidation leads to the formation of CO and then CO2.) Acrolein, in particular, has been demonstrated to be present in many fire atmospheres.16 It is also formed from the smoldering of all cellulosic materials and from the oxidative pyrolysis of polyethylenes."

Just the formaldehyde is enough to cause cancer. Of course this is OBVIOUSLY if the person survive after smoking, that should be obvious enough.
I assumed cigarettes because smoking unprocessed tobacco isnt exactly common.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok, now I'm against what I just saw at tv news
Apparently, cannabis sold for medical purpose is more expansinve than the one sold for recreative purpose...
Medical stuff usually needs additional checks and certifications. Something you consume for fun needs far less. More effort, more money. What is wrong with that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Penisapiens
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Tempus Bannus
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @cearp, okie dokie i'm sorry
  • cearp @ cearp:
    lol I meant nothing by it - and for the record I have no powers, so no worries :D
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, you're forgiven
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well I don't forgive him. He's been eating ALL the Tempus Bannus's :angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, it was only once :angry:
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp: