• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Canadian Weed Legalization

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Medical stuff usually needs additional checks and certifications. Something you consume for fun needs far less. More effort, more money. What is wrong with that?
Not only that, but since it's a "needful thing", it gets priced higher, because we all know how it works in this capitalist reality.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know nothing about that, but I guess the cannabis produced by the state will be more natural than the one made by criminal organisations
right?
I mean, Hell's surely put stuff in it to make more profit or something like that, no?
You mean cutting it like they do with other drugs? Wouldn't really work for weed honestly. Even ground up, marijuana plant matter is very easy to differentiate from other plant material, and nobody is buying or selling pre-ground shit anyway. Now if we're talking about cutting extracts like oils and wax and shatter and stuff like that, I can't think of anything that has a similar enough effect. Synthetic cannabinoids are expensive and illegal almost everywhere so you aren't saving any money there. The most you can do is dilute, but then your product is seen as poor quality, and people will move on to other dealers.

I also want to point out that the myth about weed being laced with harder drugs makes no sense from a business standpoint. The only time weed would be laced with something is if someone requested it that way, and you can be sure they're paying a premium for it. Something like Thai Stick that's apparently dipped in either opium or the runoff from heroin production. I guess if it came in contact with another substance, contamination is a possibility too, but it would be a trace amount, and the only way that would be a concern is if it was fentanyl or something, where the lethal dosage is measured in micrograms.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you for real? I posted a good source that claimed otherwise and you're still spreading dangerous lies.

Here's another one. This is an actual research.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/

Long term cannabis use increases the risk of lung cancer in young adults.

So no. Stop telling people that smoking weed is 100% safe because it isn't. Shit like this is exactly why a lot of people are annoyed with potheads that treat weed like a miracle superpower herb with no negative sides at all.

Last edited by Song of storms,

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Are you for real? I posted a good source that claimed otherwise and you're still spreading dangerous lies.

Here's another one. This is an actual research.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2516340/

So no. Stop telling people that smoking weed is 100% safe because it isn't. Shit like this is exactly why a lot of people are annoyed with potheads that treat weed like a miracle superpower herb with no negative sides at all.
I'm not a pothead, I dont smoke weed, and I'm actually a nurse.

Every study you guys post has stuff like this

"smoking histories and the custom of mixing cannabis with tobacco may have contributed to the risks observed".

There is also a rule to analytics. correlation does not imply causation. If I gathered data on all cancer patients and people that have ridden a bicycle, I could make assumptions that a high percentage of individuals that ride bicycles end up getting cancer.

Read these studies carefully, they tell you the data is inconclusive. It's not like research on cigarettes, were every chemical element has been observed and show cancer causing properties.

Give me a study where thc has been observed to cause damage to particular tissue, or other chemicals within marijuana have been observed to cause damage, then I will accept it. Like earlier in this thread where I posted that marijuana causes damage to myelin sheathing in certain parts of the brain.

There's a reason most doctors dont see marijuana as a huge risk factor. That's because these general data gathering studies are almost always inconclusive.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Enough guys
Good job on deleting all the posts except the very first one he did, still flame. Clearly shows whose side you're on.

I'm not participating in any more serious discussions if the staff can just censor the side they don't agree with regardless of how much proof it's thrown to them, while not deleting inflammatory posts that help their side. Disgusting.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Good job on deleting all the posts except the very first one he did, still flame. Clearly shows whose side you're on.

I'm not participating in any more serious discussions if the staff can just censor the side they don't agree with regardless of how much proof it's thrown to them, while not deleting inflammatory posts that help their side. Disgusting.
Chill dude. It takes me a second to catch up when you guys are in the process of posting.

I don't get it man, you know hes wrong why delete the comments? let the record show what type of person he is.
It's off topic bickering.

Reactions: CallmeBerto
D

Deleted User

Chill dude. It takes me a second to catch up when you guys are in the process of posting.

No it's really not. I called him out for his fake research. He also has some sort of angry issue.

You delete my comments? alright man censor the sppech

Last edited by ,

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Yet you're keeping the post where he says that I'm wrong.

We can never win with you potheads. We post data and facts all the time to counter your idiotic arguments but all you can do is get into fights and watch other backs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No it's really not. I called him out for his fake research.
Get some help.

EDIT: since I can still edit this post, let me just reply to @WeedZ

The issue arises when people dont know how to read this information.

The issue arises when a manchild with an edgy avatar and one-liners in his profile lies about his job to prove a point and tries to shut one user down to win an argument. You're pathetic, man. You even have a list of "elite members" in your signature. Hop off the internet and into the unemployment building.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No it's really not. I called him out for his fake research. He also has some sort of angry issue.

You delete my comments? alright man censor the sppech
It's not fake research, finding correlation can be a useful tool in data collecting. The issue arises when people dont know how to read this information. There are rules to reading the data just as there are collecting the data.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The guy is literally just calling everyone who disagrees with his nonsense a pothead, even the mods, apparently we are "junkies" i haven't heard that term used for someone who smokes weed in a while, that's new.

I'd offer him a joint but i think he thinks he will die of stage 3 cancer.
I have a better idea. Ignore them.
Not with the ignore button, but by switching page and moving on.

As for myself, I may just wait since stores are out of stock around here lol.

Reactions: Noctosphere

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to care when I was 15 and thought everyone doing it was some junkie/stoner and was being constantly fed that it could ruin your life just as badly as meth or cocaine, and put as much tar in your body as 5 cigarettes.

But looking into it and seeing many people who smoked pot not acting like typical junkies/stoners cleared that up.

Nowadays, while I don't like it myself, I see no reason to complain about others using.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not only that, but since it's a "needful thing", it gets priced higher, because we all know how it works in this capitalist reality.
Depends on location more than anything. In Colorado we have some areas where medical is way cheaper, and some areas where recreational is slightly cheaper. Medical does usually have higher potency in most products though. We can only sell 100mg (per package) edibles for recreational, on the medical side you can get 500mg or more.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, one of the reason why Quebec's cannabis store are sold out
is because drug dealers bought all their mechandises
And now, they are reselling it lol
If so, those are some dumb drug dealers. The only way anybody is going to be able to keep selling on the streets is by undercutting legal dispensaries, not buy from them and then charge more.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If so, those are some dumb drug dealers. The only way anybody is going to be able to keep selling on the streets is by undercutting legal dispensaries, not buy from them and then charge more.
I don't know if I can quite get there.

If the dispensaries are limited in their supply (either through law or lack of a vetted supply) and demand is there then it could be possible to still make something of it* -- I am sure we have all seen things in south America or whatnot where supplies run low and prices shoot up relative to elsewhere. Couple that with a proper crackdown of illegal sources (you are no longer ruining fun but ensuring safety of your citizens too).

*long term, last hurrah or short term is a different discussion.

I don't know what regs there are for purchase there either -- back when California was doing the medical card thing such a thing could be brought up by employers, divorce courts... and this lack of oversight provided an in for some dealers that obviously were not bothered by such regulations.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I can quite get there.

If the dispensaries are limited in their supply (either through law or lack of a vetted supply) and demand is there then it could be possible to still make something of it* -- I am sure we have all seen things in south America or whatnot where supplies run low and prices shoot up relative to elsewhere. Couple that with a proper crackdown of illegal sources (you are no longer ruining fun but ensuring safety of your citizens too).

*long term, last hurrah or short term is a different discussion.

I don't know what regs there are for purchase their either -- back when California was doing the medical card thing such a thing could be brought up by employers, divorce courts... and this lack of oversight provided an in for some dealers that obviously were not bothered by such regulations.
True, in the short term there is some profit to be made due to lack of supply, but it won't be long until production has caught up to demand.

As far as your medical card goes, I believe that information is supposed to be HIPAA protected in the states. Even if somebody somehow found out about it, it's ridiculous that we would have such a bias toward people who use MMJ but not toward people who use prescribed opioids which cause far more impairment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I feel like you wanted to make it something else but didn't want sickly slapping you +1