Capcom launches mysterious countdown timer website

unknown.png

Capcom has recently launched a new countdown website, counting down to Sunday, 20th February at 10pm PT, or February 21 at 1am ET / 6am GMT. While there's nothing to indicate what it could be counting down to right now, this matches up with the finale of the Street Fighter Pro Tour. This has some fans believing Capcom may make a major announcement regarding Street Fighter at the event. This is also the series' 35th anniversary, as Capcom recently noted with some new 35th anniversary artwork. Capcom has previously celebrated anniversaries, such as the 30th anniversary seeing the release of the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection.

Capcom has also previously announced, at E3 last year, that Resident Evil Village will be receiving DLC at some point, so the timer could also be leading to that announcement. However, the official Resident Evil Twitter account also tweeted today, teasing an announcement for tomorrow at 4PM JST.

:arrow: Source

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be the RE4 remake or maybe a Code Veronica Remake. Would definitely be nice to have a Code Veronica remake, plus chronologically is comes out before RE4 or maybe they will finally Release a new Outbreak game.
What is thr obsession with RE4 and people wanting a remake.

The game has been ported to death and it wasnt even a game you'd consider worthy for a remake.

The game was meh.....

And the start of the franchise going down the shitter.

I hope to god we never get an RE4 remake, I would rather have something new, lets hope its not another crappy fps RE too.

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to bet my ass that it's a Street Fighter 6 reveal. The current Street Fighter pro tour is the last one for SFV, and they're not going to miss that opportunity to build hype for the next version.

It's either SF6 or.... the global release of Street Fighter Duel, a gacha-style mobile game that's currently exclusive to China, but that they've been constantly promoting in the pro tour. I really hope this isn't another Diablo Immortal situation.

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably to do with another crappy resident evil game. Would love another 3rd person original with actual zombies and not some rubbish fps with mythical beasts and mold or whatever the hell you call it 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 64bitmodels

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To think announcements of announcements were once derided.

Had a look at the page source. Super stripped down actually. Might be something buried in the considerable javascript, though it claims analytics, but there are a lot of strings (curious that things were not minimised) and potentially obfuscated stuff from a quick scan.
CSS also revealed not a lot

"font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Arial, "Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProN", "Hiragino Sans", Meiryo, sans-serif;" does not have much associated with any particular title that I can see/searches for Capcom and those revealed - the three latter named ones being reasonably popular Japanese fonts.

Plain exif scan and hex scan of the JPG that is the image there says not a lot, so blocky I doubt there is any kind of useful barely visible logo (though I did try). Someone with more time might see if there is a pattern in something.

Don't think capcom have done ARGs before so it would be more of a side leak we were looking for anyway, or art based hints. By no means were any of my lookings exhaustive and frankly I am not that good at web tech based versions of this anyway.

Dino Crisis remake /s
"We listened to you and heard. Dino Crisis 3 will be remade for current platforms."

It’s gonna be video game announced
I wish I had your optimism.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.