Homebrew CaVE Database Manager - A SNES, NES, N64, Genesis Switch Online modding App

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
CaVE is now updated to v1.4.5.0 and is compatible with NSO GB/GBC v1.0 and NSO GBA v1.0!

---

The beta phase is over. It's not like I expect there to not be any more issues. But testing/feedback has dried up, and I cant get anyone more to test the Local Multiplayer stuff.

This build of course brings support for the GB/GBC/GBA apps. But yes, this is the first time that a form of Multiplayer is available to modders. It's limited to your Local Wifi network though. But I figure someone can figure out how to trick the LAN mode to work over the internet. I looked into Hamachi a little myself, but got lost. It's a little outside my skill set or the time I want to invest in it.

Anyway. Most setup and usage is the same as the other apps. But here's a brief guide for enabling a game to use Local Multiplayer.

---

Guide to setting up your games to enable and support Local Multiplayer:

• Select the "Players:" option for a game, and set it to 2 or above players.

Advanced Setup for Local Multiplayer:

• By default, CaVE sets up games for Local Multiplayer with other instances of that game (and SinglePak modes only for GBA).
  • If a game can and should be able to link up with other games (Like Pokemon Red connecting to Pokemon Blue), then you need to manually supply the Code value of that other game into "Compatible Titles:", separated by a "," (comma).
  • With GBA only, if your game does not support SinglePak multiplayer mode, or does but you would like to use MultiPak mode instead, then change "Multiplayer Mode:" to MultiPak.
thanks man you are the best :yayswitch: going to check multiplayer later

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Already tested, RTC does work, and that is amazing!!!

(tested with pokemon crystal clear rom hack)
CORRECTION (about the RTC): It's not right. It kinda works but it is working wrong. I've only tested for few minutes, but its going slow, I'll test if the time passes with the app closed.

Edit: Yup, no RTC, it is just my rom that update the time while it's running. When closed time stops.

Last edited by Deleted member 194275,

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CaVE Database Manager - v1.4.5.0

doesnt work for me without internet either.

Well... I fixed it, and it was verified by others. So you probably downloaded it before the fix was uploaded.

Either way, you can add :

"disable_update_check": true

...to your settings file if you want. I'm done with working on this for a little while, and I have zero clue why it would still be doing that otherwise.

wings110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... I fixed it, and it was verified by others. So you probably downloaded it before the fix was uploaded.

Either way, you can add :

"disable_update_check": true

...to your settings file if you want. I'm done with working on this for a little while, and I have zero clue why it would still be doing that otherwise.
thx,redownload work well without internet,but choose NSO Datebase(JA/CH)Game Boy Advance Online ,The program is unresponsive and then exits.
Post automatically merged:

I think it is likely that the strings.lng file at \romfs\bootapp\resources\strings\ja\ cannot be generated.

Attachments

• 20230215141523.jpg
    20230215141523.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by wings110,

yyoossk

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
CaVE is now updated to v1.4.5.0 and is compatible with NSO GB/GBC v1.0 and NSO GBA v1.0!

---

The beta phase is over. It's not like I expect there to not be any more issues. But testing/feedback has dried up, and I cant get anyone more to test the Local Multiplayer stuff.

This build of course brings support for the GB/GBC/GBA apps. But yes, this is the first time that a form of Multiplayer is available to modders. It's limited to your Local Wifi network though. But I figure someone can figure out how to trick the LAN mode to work over the internet. I looked into Hamachi a little myself, but got lost. It's a little outside my skill set or the time I want to invest in it.

Anyway. Most setup and usage is the same as the other apps. But here's a brief guide for enabling a game to use Local Multiplayer.

---

Guide to setting up your games to enable and support Local Multiplayer:

• Select the "Players:" option for a game, and set it to 2 or above players.

Advanced Setup for Local Multiplayer:

• By default, CaVE sets up games for Local Multiplayer with other instances of that game (and SinglePak modes only for GBA).
  • If a game can and should be able to link up with other games (Like Pokemon Red connecting to Pokemon Blue), then you need to manually supply the Code value of that other game into "Compatible Titles:", separated by a "," (comma).
  • With GBA only, if your game does not support SinglePak multiplayer mode, or does but you would like to use MultiPak mode instead, then change "Multiplayer Mode:" to MultiPak.
great job!

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi. As always thank you Dark Akuma for your flawless work you have been giving us for years.

Now, I have used the database to put a couple games on GBA. They work great. Now, the question is, I tried putting there a hacked rom that I cherish a lot, a hack of Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. But when I run it from the GBA menu, it does not launch. It is a .gba archive just like any rom. Is there any extra step to run these types of games? Or they are not supported yet. I know its early to ask, but that is a really good hack rom that every fan must check. Thank you!!!!

iiTzSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. As always thank you Dark Akuma for your flawless work you have been giving us for years.

Now, I have used the database to put a couple games on GBA. They work great. Now, the question is, I tried putting there a hacked rom that I cherish a lot, a hack of Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. But when I run it from the GBA menu, it does not launch. It is a .gba archive just like any rom. Is there any extra step to run these types of games? Or they are not supported yet. I know its early to ask, but that is a really good hack rom that every fan must check. Thank you!!!!
From what I understand, dark doesn’t support rom hacks. Only official releases

Reactions: nWo

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iui
Downloaded the new cave database app. Generated GBA and put them on the SD card in the folder and the games are not even showing up.
Did you inject your games?
Post automatically merged:

Weird
Cause pokemon liquid crystal worked for me

DarkAkuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, dark doesn’t support rom hacks. Only official releases

More or less. To put it better, my default is to not care about ROM hack compatibility. It's too large of a rabbit hole to go down for me. These Nintendo Emus are designed for legit ROMs, not hacks. But if a hack works... cool. I just wont lift a finger to try to keep up with what hacks work, and why/why not.

That said... I don't know the details, because of my now mention stance. But as I understand, some hacked GBA ROMs need some sort of fixing done to the header? I think its the checksum compliment needs to be calculated properly, or zeroed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P