JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
...and about 49% away from being viable, realistic candidates, which is so sad. It breaks my heart that people will always vote Democrat or Republican just because they're used to, there are so many better options out there but tradition and brand association are nipping them in the bud. The UK suffers from the same shit - it's Tories or Labour each and every time.
I think you should wait for the debate before saying that. In the few weeks that they've even been advertising, they've taken 13% of the vote, all on a very low budget. In the last election, it was less than 2% as I recall. If they get on national television things could really change.

Last edited by JoostinOnline,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think you should wait for the debate before saying that. In the few weeks that they've even been advertising, they've taken %13 of the vote, all on a very low budget. In the last election, it was less than 2% as I recall. If they get on national television things could really change.
One can only hope, as the alternatives are Trump who will bring change, but God only knows what kind of change, and Hillary who will uphold the status quo, or worse, make things even shittier.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should wait for the debate before saying that. In the few weeks that they've even been advertising, they've taken %13 of the vote, all on a very low budget. In the last election, it was less than 2% as I recall. If they get on national television things could really change.
Governor Johnson's aggregate polling is actually about 7-8% right now. He got just under 1% in 2012. I don't think he will qualify for the debates, but who knows? I hope he does, even though I'm not supporting him.

Last edited by Lacius,

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Governor Johnson's aggregate polling is actually about 7-8% right now. He got just under 1% in 2012. I don't think he will qualify for the debates, but who knows? I hope he does, even though I'm not supporting him.
It's at 13%.

Last edited by JoostinOnline,

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thoses numbers are pretty low since he has gotten from 8% to 13% depending on the method and polling group.

He has (according to one estimate) 1/3 chance of getting the 15% of the polls for the debates. I like those odds as it is possible.

There is still alot of time until then. What if Wikileaks comes out with news that causes more distrust of the dnc? Or if Romney or the Bush family endorse him? There are alot of things that could happen until then which can help him.

Either way I think we have a decent chance of making it and if we do then I feel it will be a much better debate for the American people. If not maybe one of the candidates will debate him 1 on 1 like Reagan did Anderson? Ultimately I like Johnson and am proud to support him.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A CNN poll earlier in July showed him at 13%, but it's always a mistake to focus on just one poll. Focusing on only one poll can allow someone see anything he or she wants to see. As someone here once put it:
Unless your methodology involves magical fairy dust and unicorns, a group of 1000 individuals is not representative of 318 million. It just isn't, I'm sorry. I treat polls as jerk-off material for people with confirmation bias, I'm only interested in the real deal now.
I agree with @Foxi4 at least that focusing on just one poll and ignoring the others is to engage in confirmation bias. To get an accurate reading of the state of the election, one needs to focus on the aggregate number. The criteria to get into the debates is also dependent on an aggregate of five specific polls, not single polls.

I should also note that if one is going to make the mistake of focusing on a single poll, then in order to be consistent, one should focus on any polling that comes out from that same polling group with the same methodology. A CNN poll from two weeks later showed Johnson's support had dropped to 9%.

If one looks at the aggregate polling, it showed Johnson with about 7.8% at the beginning of June, 9.8% in the middle of July, and about 7.5% now. Like it or not, it doesn't look like he's going anywhere. Hold-outs from either major party are slowly coming around to either Clinton or Trump. I would like to see him in the debates though.

Edit: Not to beat a dead horse, but if one looks at the methodology of the CNN polls, they make some notable mistakes. The sample size is slightly smaller than average (872-894 people), and it polls registered voters instead of likely voters. Again, that's why aggregates are so important in order to minimize the effects of these kinds of variables.

Thoses numbers are pretty low since he has gotten from 8% to 13% depending on the method and polling group.
Don't make the mistake of ignoring the quantity and quality of polls that put Johnson at 5-6%. That's why aggregates are so important.

He has (according to one estimate) 1/3 chance of getting the 15% of the polls for the debates. I like those odds as it is possible.
That might be about right. I don't know how that would be calculated.

There is still alot of time until then. What if Wikileaks comes out with news that causes more distrust of the dnc? Or if Romney or the Bush family endorse him? There are alot of things that could happen until then which can help him.

Either way I think we have a decent chance of making it and if we do then I feel it will be a much better debate for the American people. If not maybe one of the candidates will debate him 1 on 1 like Reagan did Anderson? Ultimately I like Johnson and am proud to support him.
There is a lot of time between now and the debates. Anything could happen.

Last edited by Lacius,

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't make the mistake of ignoring the quantity and quality of polls that put Johnson at 5-6%. That's why aggregates are so important.
I know but that is very low for him. Lowest I have seen is 7% with a 4 way including Stein.

That might be about right. I don't know how that would be calculated.
Again it depends on how you perceive the polls. I think if you believe he gets around 8-10% then it is right.

I should also note that if one is going to make the mistake of focusing on a single poll, then in order to be consistent, one should focus on any polling that comes out from that same polling group with the same methodology. A CNN poll from two weeks later showed Johnson's support had dropped to 9%.

If one looks at the aggregate polling, it showed Johnson with about 7.8% at the beginning of June, 9.8% in the middle of July, and about 7.5% now. Like it or not, it doesn't look like he's going anywher
Again it depends on what polls and aggregate you use. Normally what I have been reading generally is describing him as doing better since June, although if it is better enough to get 15% is debatable.

Hold-outs from either major party are slowly coming around to either Clinton or Trump.
Well i would say so more for Clinton but then again he splits Clinton votes with Stein according to most polls. As for trump if Johnson gets Romney or Bush support it would really help him with never trump people.

Although ultimately I think even if he gets the 15% the Democrats and GOP will try to do something to stop him.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know but that is very low for him. Lowest I have seen is 7% with a 4 way including Stein.
  • Monmouth put Johnson at 5% in mid July.
  • SurveyUSA put him at 6% in mid June.
  • Ipsos put him at 5% in late July and early August.
This is by far not an extensive list. Focus on the aggregates, not individual polls.

Again it depends on how you perceive the polls. I think if you believe he gets around 8-10% then it is right.
Focusing on some polls and not others is special pleading and won't get you very close to the truth. His aggregate is around 7.5% right now.

Again it depends on what polls and aggregate you use.
It's true that not all aggregates work exactly the same, but they're usually comparable.
  • RealClearPolitics' aggregate puts him at 7.4%.
  • FiveThirtyEight's polls-only aggregate puts him at around 7.5%.
  • FiveThirtyEight's polls-plus aggregate (adds fundamentals and historical trends) puts him at around 7.6%.
  • FiveThirtyEight's now-cast aggregate (same as polls-only but only takes into account the most recent of polls regardless of methodology and historical accuracy) puts him at around 8.1%.
  • HuffPost Pollster's aggregate puts him at 8.7%.
Normally what I have been reading generally is describing him as doing better since June, although if it is better enough to get 15% is debatable.
His overall polling was relatively flat in June, ticked up briefly in July, and has come back down to its June level.

Well i would say so more for Clinton but then again he splits Clinton votes with Stein according to most polls. As for trump if Johnson gets Romney or Bush support it would really help him with never trump people.

Although ultimately I think even if he gets the 15% the Democrats and GOP will try to do something to stop him.
How he's taking votes from Clinton and/or Trump is unclear right now. Earlier in the summer, he was disproportionately taking votes from Clinton. We will see.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is by far not an extensive list. Focus on the aggregates, not individual polls.
Very true.

His overall polling was relatively flat in June, ticked up briefly in July, and has come back down to its June level.
Yeah i have seen that but when you had a terrible gop convention then a mostly good democratic convention (which Hillary did great imo) then it makes sense.

How he's taking votes from Clinton and/or Trump is unclear right now. Earlier in the summer, he was disproportionately taking votes from Clinton. We will see.
In 4 way polls he takes a split with Stein from unhappy Sanders supports according to most things I have seen and thst makes sense. Her progressive ideas balance out his more well known status. After the two conventions i think it is safe to say he probably will take more Gop voters.
Why?
1. Many notable conservatives have endorsed him like Ron Paul, Glenn Beck, and Matt Kibbe
2. Democrats like Hillary more than Republicans like Trump. About 1/4 Democrats dont like Clinton while 1/3 gopers do not like trump
3. The bernie sanders officials have been doing alot to support Clinton and help her. Compared to the gop where alot of the notable people like Bush,Romney, amd Criz have basically said "F you donald" amd have not been supportive.
4. The Democratic convention was much better then the Gop convention

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In 4 way polls he takes a split with Stein from unhappy Sanders supports according to most things I have seen and thst makes sense. Her progressive ideas balance out his more well known status. After the two conventions i think it is safe to say he probably will take more Gop voters.
Why?
1. Many notable conservatives have endorsed him like Ron Paul, Glenn Beck, and Matt Kibbe
2. Democrats like Hillary more than Republicans like Trump. About 1/4 Democrats dont like Clinton while 1/3 gopers do not like trump
3. The bernie sanders officials have been doing alot to support Clinton and help her. Compared to the gop where alot of the notable people like Bush,Romney, amd Criz have basically said "F you donald" amd have not been supportive.
4. The Democratic convention was much better then the Gop convention
I feel like Johnson will probably take more votes from Trump than Clinton in November for most of the reasons you stated, but I don't have any polling evidence to back it up (yet), so I'm not going to claim that it's likely to happen; I can't make that assessment. I felt like Trump wasn't going to get the Republican nomination, but I didn't have any polling evidence to back me up then either. Fundamentals and feelings are much less indicative than polling.

With regard to the part of your message that I bolded, Donald Trump has roughly 85% support from Republicans, which is comparable with other election years. It's also comparable with Democratic support for Clinton. When it comes to support from actual Republican voters, Trump is no different than any other Republican candidate.

Last edited by Lacius,

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With regard to the part of your message that I bolded, Donald Trump has roughly 85% support from Republicans, which is comparable with other election years. It's also comparable with Democratic support for Clinton.
Note I stated "dont like" not "wont vote for", but it is reasonable to assume people who dont like a candidate are more likely to vote for another one (like johnson). Also the amount of Republicans (if your numbers are right which thry probably are) who do not support him is higher then normal by a bit (McCain lost about 11% of Republicans to Obama) at 15% and evem more so when you consider how disliked Clinton is among Republicans (I would like to say her popularity with Republicans is lower then with Obama in 12 but i am not fully certain).

Again as for who he would hurt more I think it is safe to say it would be Trump but either way i thnk we need to give it a week or two to fully see how the conventions will have affected the voters.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note I stated "dont like" not "wont vote for", but it is reasonable to assume people who dont like a candidate are more likely to vote for another one (like johnson). Also the amount of Republicans (if your numbers are right which thry probably are) who do not support him is higher then normal by a bit (McCain lost about 11% of Republicans to Obama) at 15% and evem more so when you consider how disliked Clinton is among Republicans (I would like to say her popularity with Republicans is lower then with Obama in 12 but i am not fully certain).

Again as for who he would hurt more I think it is safe to say it would be Trump but either way i thnk we need to give it a week or two to fully see how the conventions will have affected the voters.
What matters are votes, since they're what we're talking about.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What matters are votes, since they're what we're talking about.
Although I feel that people who Don't like Trump are still probably more likely to go to Clinton or Johnson come November since they are sceptical about him, so what Republicans do think about him matters to a degree (especially in say utah which is very Republican yet hates trump).

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speed is such a boring drug, and if you are pulling apart batteries to make it (though a quick search says as a source of lithium rather than sulphuric like some other home chemistry I occasionally see). Though it is not really a thing around here and indeed some people tried to figure out why meth is not really a thing here, turned out easy and cheap cocaine was probably why.
I mentioned it before in that drugs topic but if you have not looked up Alexander Shulgin's pihkal and tihkal books yet then definitely do if this sort of chemistry interests you, the chemistry side of things they made available for free online. He details extensively how several things in the 2cb and mdma/md?? family as well as the tryptamines (the t in dmt) are made, all the intermediate stages and yields at each stage*. If you like the videos I linked then you will probably find it fascinating. I will stop short of linking it directly but it is not hard to find.

*and then he tried all sorts of variations on himself and wrote what happened when he did.

I use speed (medically) aka Adderall. Like its actually prescribed to me (I would never abuse it, don't have a deathwish). It does have its medical benefits when used in the right context under the supervision of a healthcare provider. This is actually the only medication that really works for me to treat my ADD properly without major side effects etc.

I also fully support medical cannabis for people that need it. Such as chemo patients, and people with seizure disorders who don't respond well to traditional medications etc. Cannabis is actually fairly harmless if you don't smoke it but ingest it in one form or another and usually what you get from a medical dispensary has lower THC levels than what you usually find on the street. Anyways I digress.... lol

Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..........You guys know that if he lowers the price then the goverment is just going to buy out his drug and then take it off the shelves right?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
..........You guys know that if he lowers the price then the goverment is just going to buy out his drug and then take it off the shelves right?

Wouldn't be a problem for old medication.
Pretty much yearly, improved versions or complete new formulas come out.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They make more money off of long and tedious treatments for various other problems so I could see it happening here.
I doubt they would do that since we are talking about what it is being sold for to consumers. Pfizer or some other pharma company is way way way more likely to do that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ