Hacking Cheats for PSVITA

SKGleba

O ja pierdole!
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
can anybody please give me a tutorial for how to use these two plugins i tried for hours and hours and all i got was a game crash.
Edit: its gHm
Enter plugin menu (start+<--)
If you see chinese go with R until you see two options (one in chinese one english) choose english (here confirm is O)
Go back to first menu (normal)
There are two BIG boxes (first for search and second for results.)
Into the all box (search dec) write your value (with ^ ¥). If searching 4byte didnt work change it to 3//2/1/float.
When it finds values (it may take long time -sometimes it finds more values than ~999999) check if there are more than five values if yes go back to game , change searched number (ex. Money status) go back to gHm , research (repeat this process until you find 5 or less values).
If you found go down to second BIGBOX and in small "change value" box write your value ex 9999999 (make sure that the same amount of 'byte is selected as in search (ex 3) chose apply , go to the box with results and check every value with O.
If it works -saveDBcode
RinCheat is almost the same but more complicated for new users - gHm is like CE for pc:-)

Last edited by SKGleba,

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny how I couldn't get either plugin to work right. I did try to do get cheats for Digimon Cyber Sleuth with the save editor cheats. And trying to find them for rincheat & GHM. However in the long run I used the save editor but still have a corrupt save where the vita gets an error for the game & does a force shut down. If you are making cheats be careful to not mess with the save or game to much or you may end up like me. I dont use the save editor cheats but still cant play the game or use the save right.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny how I couldn't get either plugin to work right. I did try to do get cheats for Digimon Cyber Sleuth with the save editor cheats. And trying to find them for rincheat & GHM. However in the long run I used the save editor but still have a corrupt save where the vita gets an error for the game & does a force shut down. If you are making cheats be careful to not mess with the save or game to much or you may end up like me. I dont use the save editor cheats but still cant play the game or use the save right.

It might not have been said, but whenever you try to edit something, you should make sure to make a backup of it first in case anything goes wrong.
There are a lot of things that can go wrong when you edit the wrong places.
I have had a few times where I forgot to copy my save and had to start from the beginning...

As for your game not starting, have you tried using the PS Vita's "Rebuild Database" (I think that was the one) option?
Sometimes that works for me (it resets the PS Vita's bubble layouts though)

If that does not work, you could try reinstalling the game.

Last edited by Kotomine Kirei,

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might not have been said, but whenever you try to edit something, you should make sure to make a backup of it first in case anything goes wrong.
There are a lot of things that can go wrong when you edit the wrong places.
I have had a few times where I forgot to copy my save and had to start from the beginning...

As for your game not starting, have you tried using the PS Vita's "Rebuild Database" (I think that was the one) option?
Sometimes that works for me (it resets the PS Vita's bubble layouts though)

If that does not work, you could try reinstalling the game.
Yep but I used the save editor for the game instead of trying to make the codes and even when I re insert the old save before I use the cheats, the game & save still crash.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep but I used the save editor for the game instead of trying to make the codes and even when I re insert the old save before I use the cheats, the game & save still crash.

Well, if the save is corrupt, then it is probably not going to be any different no matter what is done, but the game should start if you uninstall and then reinstall it.

That said, I have not tried this, but, if you look at what was changed in the save through the cheat file (you used rinCheat SE, right?), and you undo what was changed somehow (you would have to know what originally was there), you might be able to save the save.

Honestly though, I am thinking that it might be best (and easier) to just get the game working again (try the database thing or install it again), start a new save, test codes there (make sure that the codes are for your region if you are using codes that you did not create as just changing the game ID for your region might not work and may cause it to write values to the wrong places) and play through again to the point where you were at.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if the save is corrupt, then it is probably not going to be any different no matter what is done, but the game should start if you uninstall and then reinstall it.

That said, I have not tried this, but, if you look at what was changed in the save through the cheat file (you used rinCheat SE, right?), and you undo what was changed somehow (you would have to know what originally was there), you might be able to save the save.

Honestly though, I am thinking that it might be best (and easier) to just get the game working again (try the database thing or install it again), start a new save, test codes there (make sure that the codes are for your region if you are using codes that you did not create as just changing the game ID for your region might not work and may cause it to write values to the wrong places) and play through again to the point where you were at.
Well the only cheats I used were the digimon ones to maax their ex to evolve them and its after that the game & save gets corrupt. So I guess I have no choice but to go back to my ps4 game where I was close to almost completing it 100%.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best feature of cheat plugins on vita? Making games crash. Seriously, plugins in general on vita are fucky and make certain games crash. Only plugin worth having is amphetamine.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the only cheats I used were the digimon ones to maax their ex to evolve them and its after that the game & save gets corrupt. So I guess I have no choice but to go back to my ps4 game where I was close to almost completing it 100%.

Are there any updates for the game?
If there are updates, the codes might be different in each one, which would also cause the editor to edit values in the wrong place.

Anyway, like I said, I have not tried it, there is a good chance that it will not work (so it might just be a waste of time), and you might have to fix the game again (if you got it to work again in the first place), but you can try fixing the save:

1. Copy your old save to your computer.
Start a new save on the game and then copy that save to your computer as well.
Open your old and new save files (e.g. the "xxxx.bin" in the save folders that you copied) in a hex editor (e.g. HxD)

2. Open the rinCheat SE cheat file for your game in Notepad (e.g. "PCSE000xxx.lua") (they are in the SE_cheats_db folder, I think) and look for the code that you used (e.g. "name" = "EXP Max")
Now, look to the right of it, and you will see "offsets" and "value".

3. For "offsets", look at the number to the right of it (It will be something like "0x54321")
Copy the part after "0x" and go into your hex editor for the old save.
Go to "Search" then to "Goto...".
Paste what you copied in the bar and press "OK".
It should take you to row "00054320" with the mark on the 01 column (you can see the row numbers left, and the column numbers on top)
Repeat this for your new save.

4. Go to your rinCheat SE file again in Notepad, and look at the number to the right of "value" (it should be something like "0x4321")
Remember what the number was and go to your old save in the hex editor.
You should see a number that is reversed like "21" and "43" (instead of "41 23") in the "01" and "02" columns.
Now go to your new save and look at the numbers in the "01" and "02" columns (e.g. "00 01")
Remember what the new numbers are and go back to your old save.

5. Replace the old save's "21" and "43" with the numbers from the new save.
Go to "File" and "Save", and then exit the hex editor.
Transfer the old save back to your PS Vita and restore it.
Try to play the game and load the save.

If everything went right, it will hopefully load correctly.

Best feature of cheat plugins on vita? Making games crash. Seriously, plugins in general on vita are fucky and make certain games crash. Only plugin worth having is amphetamine.

It is not just the PS Vita.
Cheat plugins have a possibility of causing games to crash on the 3DS and PSP as well.
However, as long as you do not:
-edit the wrong values
-open the menu or activate codes in the wrong areas (e.g. during loading screens)
-use values that are bigger than what the game can use (e.g. 99,999 HP when the game only goes to 9,999 HP)
-use values that cause the games to do things they normally would not (e.g. having your character run faster when the game cannot load areas fast enough)
-use them in games that are not compatible (some cheat plugins are incompatible with certain games for some reason; maybe it is how they handle memory or something like that)
Then the chance of games crashing is lower.

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you know if castlevania sotn is compatible? Never works for me, but other tested here was ok (alundra and parasite eve).
these are PS1 titles and these tools will not work.

these tools are for Vita games.

But here i will try do an in depth guide as i search for codes.

How to use:
obviously have it installed and its advised any other cheat plugins is set to 0 in the tai config to prevent conflicts.

Note: While scanning is in progress DO NOT let the game go in to sleep mode, this will cancel scanning and will still look like its doing it.
L (shoulder) + Start = open menu
Start (while in menu) = return to game
O = OK
X = Back
L/R (shoulder) to navigate left/right through the menu

boot your game (some games i notice dont bring up the menu such as Uncharted) but i will use COD for this example.

Open up GoHanmem, in this guide I will use [Simple] because its faster, there's no need to do a block dump and try locate the block manually, this mode does it automatically as it scans.

So start your game, here I will search for the ammo, which as you can see I have 10

So keep the data type as 4 Bytes, go to Search Value and press O then enter 10

Return to the game and fire off a round

Then return to GoHANmem and in the value field, change this to 9 and Re Search

Some games may take longer to show results, if so repeat the steps until you get a few (approx 5) results, in this example I have 1 result

Move over to your results, press O to enter the right section and O again over the code you want to modify the value, then Press X to back out

Now move over to the Change Value (Dec) and enter the value you want to set to, for this I have set to 999 (try not to set the value higher than the game can handle or else it could crash your game).

Then use the Modify/Lock section if you wish to simply apply the change then return to the game to see if the address is the correct one, or in this instance I know it is with only having 1 result, I change to Lock which will add the code to the [Codes] section and lock the value.

Now return to your game and the cheat is active.

Note:
I have never been able to find codes using GoHANmem that work when the game is restarted or if the console is turned on/off, so saving code lists is pointless, because if you were to load the codes they won't work.

I have had to recreate the codes each time.http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-3547-33.html

Reactions: MUDD_BR

SKGleba

O ja pierdole!
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

But here i will try do an in depth guide as i search for codes.

How to use:
obviously have it installed and its advised any other cheat plugins is set to 0 in the tai config to prevent conflicts.

Note: While scanning is in progress DO NOT let the game go in to sleep mode, this will cancel scanning and will still look like its doing it.
L (shoulder) + Start = open menu
Start (while in menu) = return to game
O = OK
X = Back
L/R (shoulder) to navigate left/right through the menu

boot your game (some games i notice dont bring up the menu such as Uncharted) but i will use COD for this example.

Open up GoHanmem, in this guide I will use [Simple] because its faster, there's no need to do a block dump and try locate the block manually, this mode does it automatically as it scans.

So start your game, here I will search for the ammo, which as you can see I have 10

So keep the data type as 4 Bytes, go to Search Value and press O then enter 10

Return to the game and fire off a round

Then return to GoHANmem and in the value field, change this to 9 and Re Search

Some games may take longer to show results, if so repeat the steps until you get a few (approx 5) results, in this example I have 1 result

Move over to your results, press O to enter the right section and O again over the code you want to modify the value, then Press X to back out

Now move over to the Change Value (Dec) and enter the value you want to set to, for this I have set to 999 (try not to set the value higher than the game can handle or else it could crash your game).

Then use the Modify/Lock section if you wish to simply apply the change then return to the game to see if the address is the correct one, or in this instance I know it is with only having 1 result, I change to Lock which will add the code to the [Codes] section and lock the value.

Now return to your game and the cheat is active.

Note:
I have never been able to find codes using GoHANmem that work when the game is restarted or if the console is turned on/off, so saving code lists is pointless, because if you were to load the codes they won't work.

I have had to recreate the codes each time.
Some values takes new offsets but some are still the same (tearaway/HM2/K:M/U13)

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some values takes new offsets but some are still the same (tearaway/HM2/K:M/U13)
the games I've tested on so far, all have been like this.

saying that I haven't tested it on a large number of games yet either.

so ive just slapped together a quick guide with images for other users.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They might work, though they probably are less easy to use than one of the PSP cheat plugins.
I recall seeing some NTR cheat codes for 3DS SNES VC games, but trying to find them myself seemed impossible.

Retroboy" said:
start (while in menu) = return to game

Select also returns you to the game if I recall, and square and triangle are for locking unlocking saved codes in the codes category.

Retroboy" said:

What is the point of this step?
If there is one code it always modifies that code.

Also, searching in "Simple" is not always the best.
A few games that I played took ages to search through with that, and block loading does not take that long.

In my opinion, it is faster to search for a value through "Normal" or "Simple", remember the first four numbers/letters of the address of the value found (e.g. 0x082F0510 would be "082F"), then narrow the addresses in "Normal" (e.g. go to Block 5/7, then narrow it to start at 0x082F0000 and end at 0x083F0000) and search.

Retroboy" said:

I have had to recreate the codes each time.

This is true for quite a few games it seems, but in some games, the values only move a short distance, or they do not move at all.
Still, for most people, searching every time, like you said, might be better than saving and testing the codes to see if they stay.

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They might work, though they probably are less easy to use than one of the PSP cheat plugins.
I recall seeing some NTR cheat codes for 3DS SNES VC games, but trying to find them myself seemed impossible.

GoHANmem does not work with PS1 games, that is what i meant, when you boot Adrenaline the menu doesnt open, there is CWCHEAT for PSP/PS1 games.

Select also returns you to the game if I recall, and square and triangle are for locking unlocking saved codes in the codes category.

What is the point of this step?
If there is one code it always modifies that code.

as the steps explain, if there is more than one possible code, you can select it, modify and check if the changes apply, then lock the code that works

Also, searching in "Simple" is not always the best.
A few games that I played took ages to search through with that, and block loading does not take that long.

each game is different, depending on how many blocks it finds to search, but doing it using the easy mode you do not need to manually try guess which block to search.

If you had 9 rounds and didnt know what block to search, you would end up taking longer as you keep having to change blocks when you get no results - and risk running out of ammo.

Easy mode searches every block and locates the block as you continue searching.

In my opinion, it is faster to search for a value through "Normal" or "Simple", remember the first four numbers/letters of the address of the value found (e.g. 0x082F0510 would be "082F"), then narrow the addresses in "Normal" (e.g. go to Block 5/7, then narrow it to start at 0x082F0000 and end at 0x083F0000) and search.

but if you have 0 codes you do not know what the address starts off as, again simple mode is ideal for n00bs

This is true for quite a few games it seems, but in some games, the values only move a short distance, or they do not move at all.
Still, for most people, searching every time, like you said, might be better than saving and testing the codes to see if they stay.

i notice if i try dump the memory it causes my vita to crash, its a shame really because if we could dump the memory i could maybe find the pointers.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GoHANmem does not work with PS1 games, that is what i meant, when you boot Adrenaline the menu doesnt open, there is CWCHEAT for PSP/PS1 games.

I see.

Retroboy said:
each game is different, depending on how many blocks it finds to search, but doing it using the easy mode you do not need to manually try guess which block to search.

That is why I said use "normal" or "simple" first.
After you find a value is when you adjust the blocks in "normal".

Retroboy said:
i notice if i try dump the memory it causes my vita to crash, its a shame really because if we could dump the memory i could maybe find the pointers.

I have not really tried the memory dump feature, but I think that there is another, more difficult to use plugin (MemDump) that seems like it might be better at doing that.
That said, have you tried save editing?
It seems to help with finding values that GoHANmem has a hard time with.

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.

That is why I said use "normal" or "simple" first.
After you find a value is when you adjust the blocks in "normal".

I have not really tried the memory dump feature, but I think that there is another, more difficult to use plugin (MemDump) that seems like it might be better at doing that.
That said, have you tried save editing?
It seems to help with finding values that GoHANmem has a hard time with.

I have also tried using MemDump and its translation guide is hard to follow, plus its menu is not easy to follow and has too many button commands.

I can start a search, but then ??? to the next step, assuming from the guide if i search for ammo, the first scan is ok, then the second seems to take FAR too long and end up turning it off.

out of all the cheat plugins GoHANmem is the only one ive had success with, RinCHEAT does naff all.

I havent bothered with save editing because its just cheat saves to set things to max, im aiming to start making and providing actual cheat codes.

maybe in time we will see a simple fully functional cheat plugin...... it would be great if the people behind CWCHEAT made one.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have also tried using MemDump and its translation guide is hard to follow, plus its menu is not easy to follow and has too many button commands.

I can start a search, but then ??? to the next step, assuming from the guide if i search for ammo, the first scan is ok, then the second seems to take FAR too long and end up turning it off.

I had the same problem.
The instructions were confusing, and I could not tell which part of the menu I was at.
However, I recall having read somewhere that it can help with finding codes in some games that the other plugins cannot.

Retroboy said:
I havent bothered with save editing because its just cheat saves to set things to max

With save editing, you can also add items and such that you do not have.
e.g. in Valhalla Knights 3 (not a great game by the way), you could edit the save to give you items (and equipment, if I recall correctly) that you do not have.

Retroboy said:
im aiming to start making and providing actual cheat codes.

"Actual cheat codes"...like the Konami code?

...Anyway, until they add a way to search for unknown values (supposedly GoHANmem's creator will be adding that after a few months from now), it will be kind of difficult to make codes other than max ammo and such.

maybe in time we will see a simple fully functional cheat plugin...... it would be great if the people behind CWCHEAT made one.

That would be nice, but I recall liking TempAR more than CWCheat.

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For God sake
Will someone aid us and be sooo kind
By uploading a video tut. ??
I have posted a basic step by step guide with images above.

but make note, like i mentioned that all games so far that i have tried the memory address keeps changing so the code will only work at the point of making it. if you restart the level or finish the level it changes and may crash the game.

it is early days for vita code searching and work needs doing to make it better.

akramff

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have posted a basic step by step guide with images above.

but make note, like i mentioned that all games so far that i have tried the memory address keeps changing so the code will only work at the point of making it. if you restart the level or finish the level it changes and may crash the game.

it is early days for vita code searching and work needs doing to make it better.
thank you for your effort but the images does not show up

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
does any on the tools has Conditional Codetype? without that it is pretty useless for pointer codes unless you want to turn cheats on off in every stage to avoid freeze

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1