Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. You install the exFAT firmware properly using ChoiDujourNX if the (exFAT) button is pressed during firmware choice.

Thank you very much!

So then, does that mean, i only have to do this once, and then every exfat sdcard will work going forward?

for some reason, i thought i remember doing this once (downloading "system update") with a 64gb sdcard, then when i put a new 200gb sd card in the system, i had to do it again. (using stock before switching to custom firmware).

Last edited by silvershadow,

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much!

So then, does that mean, i only have to do this once, and then every exfat sdcard will work going forward?

for some reason, i thought i remember doing this once (downloading "system update") with a 64gb sdcard, then when i put a new 200gb sd card in the system, i had to do it again. (using stock before switching to custom firmware).
that's totally possible if your only exFAT support was by FS.kip. no, this is permanent, as if you installed it online.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
ChoiDujourNX only needs the .nca files right? Because the 6.0.0 I downloaded have bunch of header.bin and .cnmt files. Can I delete those .bin and .cnmt files?

munky-head

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hey, getting this error when trying to move from 5.1.0 to 6.0.0...

Attachments

• 2018091909594700-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    2018091909594700-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 273

munky-head

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
The thing is, the official 6.0.0 floating around discord indeed only has 207 .nca files in it. So it must be the firmware file we downloaded that's at fault here and not choidujournx.
You're right, it was a package issue. Found another one, which worked!

romracer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, the official 6.0.0 floating around discord indeed only has 207 .nca files in it. So it must be the firmware file we downloaded that's at fault here and not choidujournx.

You're right, it was a package issue. Found another one, which worked!

The one on xbins has 211 files and CDJNX offers to install it for me (I didn't proceed yet).

Nevercholt

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just to be sure: I have the 6.0 firmware files, can I just update using the HB app and if I don't like 6.0 (like if certain apps are broken) can I simply restore a Nand backup or do I need the 5.1.0 firmware files? And can I update without burning fuses without AutoRCM installed?

afra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi I am on firmware version 5.1.0 with burning fuse ( updated by Nintendo ( and just want to install exfat update … can you guys tell me what to do a little in detail ?

BillyJo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
download on the web your firmware 5.1.0 put the files on your SD card.
Next boot your console and run ChoiDuJourNX.
Load the directory with your firmware files, the apps will let you choose to install the versions with or without exFAT, choose the one you need.
If you install the same version, no more fuses will be burn, but if you choose to upgrade to 6.0.0 your console will be in AutoRCM mode, so you will be able to downgrade if you want.

Have fun !

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am on firmware version 5.1.0 with burning fuse ( updated by Nintendo ( and just want to install exfat update … can you guys tell me what to do a little in detail ?

• Q: I just want to install exFAT on the current firmware version I already have. Can I do this using ChoiDujourNX ?
  • A: Absolutely, just place a folder containing the exFAT version of the firmware you are currently running and choose it inside ChoiDujourNX. It will only install the required couple of packages needed for exFAT, and you can even disable the AutoRCM option (if you are sure the firmware you are installing is the same burned fuse count as the one you are currently running).

Reactions: Stone-D and afra

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still confused I guess I will use this video

No, don't use that video as reference. Some people got their consoles messed up by following it. ChoiDujourNX is simple to use; its just another homebrew app. Once you're in ChoiDujourNX, you navigate to the firmware files you downloaded and have placed anywhere on the SD card (root is preferred). Once inside the firmware folder and you see a bunch of .NCA files, you select Choose in the bottom right and follow the rest of the prompts.

Reactions: afra

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
does choidujournx installs 6.0 correctly? coz ive installed 6.0 from xbins that ends up getting error entering HOS. updated the newest sdfiles and uses hekate 4.1 not sure whats the issue. restored back to 5.1 without issue though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo