Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Dunno if this was discussed but NOATEST probably stands for NOrth America TEST. The number probably stands for how many of thsoe accounts there are.
Or Nintendo Of America..

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dunno if this was discussed but NOATEST probably stands for NOrth America TEST. The number probably stands for how many of those accounts there are.
NOA is the official short abbreviation for "Nintendo Of America".
The same applies to NOE, Nintendo of Europe, and there are others like NOK, Nintendo of Korea, just to mention a few.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The clutter is why I think they might not want to do it. the Switch already has limited space, even with a microsd card. You would have to keep this data (much larger than compared to DS) on your device for every time you hang out with your friend or play, unless you were going to constantly delete and re-download it as needed.

Unless they were able to keep down the overall file size, as much as I would love download play, I don't think its as manageable as in the past.
The "Download Play" file could also act as a trial... Allowing limited access (such as only allowing you to scoot around on the tracks but not really having any real races by itself) to justify it's size, and if you chose to purchase the game you already have most of it downloaded.

TGLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo basically, if it weren't for mistakes that could potentially be possible on the device itself, this supposed fake video could have been flawless? out of all the things people pointed out, so far I haven't seen anyone actually explain any editing mistakes, which are almost always visible one way or another when viewed under a microscope. Imagine if the user DIDN'T mess things up like storage space, or the letter g in the font, and pretty much everything else.

Usually, there are things like alignment issues, ghost images fading in and out at the wrong times, etc.
Here's one. When he starts scrolling down, the frame he hovers over the "game mode" option, if you look lower at the "Use this Console" option, you will notice that the button for it starts to grow slightly. See this pic:

Screenshot_9.png

The red line is the difference before/after he started scrolling. If you watch the video (27 seconds in) and pause, you can use the youtube feature to move the video frame-by-frame by pressing the , and . keys. You'll notice when it grows randomly; it's the first frame he hovers over "game mode". Definitely looks like a video editing error.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Here's one. When he starts scrolling down, the frame he hovers over the "game mode" option, if you look lower at the "Use this Console" option, you will notice that the button for it starts to grow slightly. See this pic:

Screenshot_9.png

The red line is the difference before/after he started scrolling. If you watch the video (27 seconds in) and pause, you can use the youtube feature to move the video frame-by-frame by pressing the , and . keys. You'll notice when it grows randomly; it's the first frame he hovers over "game mode". Definitely looks like a video editing error.

Now that's something. Hm.

TGLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now in GIF form, played at 0.5x speed. Look closely.
5.0fake.gif

Now you could pull the "its a beta" card for the umpteenth time, sure. But I've never seen bugs like that.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How about we just sit this one out and wait until further official confirmation?
If this keeps going on, the speculations will just keep going and going, and people will try to nitpick every frame of the video for inconsistencies.

With that said, here is something to look forward to:

Reactions: PrincessLillie

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
5.0fake.gif

Now you could pull the "its a beta" card for the umpteenth time, sure. But I've never seen bugs like that.
Inconsistencies in UI aren't new. However, it's instilling some serious doubt. There's actually a good chance the icon wasn't properly loaded at that point in time.
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How about we just sit this one out and wait until further official confirmation?
If this keeps going on, the speculations will just keep going and going, and people will try to nitpick every frame of the video for inconsistencies.

With that said, here is something to look forward to:
https://twitter.com/MyNintendoNews/status/950721322124021761
Don't care. Too hungry. Rawr. RUSSIA

Last edited by Kioku,

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5.0fake.gif

Oh, you just WANT To shatter dreams, don't you, you monster!? :(

Kidding aside, you might be onto something here, but I agree with Memoir in this instance, in that it still seems like it could be an issue in the beta firmware itself, rather than editing mistake. it almost seems too coincidental that it changes the same exact time he moves from "select game" to "game mode". It definitely stands out though now that you pointed it out.

But don't take my word for it, I'm just in denial and wanting this firmware to be real. Thanks for nothing, dream shatterer! :P

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Kidding aside, you might be onto something here, but I agree with Memoir in this instance, in that it still seems like it could be an issue in the beta firmware itself, rather than editing mistake. it almost seems too coincidental that it changes the same exact time he moves from "select game" to "game mode". It definitely stands out though now that you pointed it out.

But don't take my word for it, I'm just in denial and wanting this firmware to be real. Thanks for nothing, dream shatterer! :P
This. I'm trying to keep an open mind on this one. I want it to be real, but I halfway know it may not be.

TGLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hahaha. Sorry man, I want it to be real too. Low-key hoping its just beta glitches but... It really doesn't seem like it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also @Memoir sorry if that double quoted, I think I hit 'reply' to one of your posts and never wrote anything. =P

Reactions: Kioku

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or Nintendo Of America..

NOA is the official short abbreviation for "Nintendo Of America".
The same applies to NOE, Nintendo of Europe, and there are others like NOK, Nintendo of Korea, just to mention a few.
Seems like I'm just an idiot. It was stupid of me to not consider those.

Reactions: pandavova

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Screenshot_9.png

If the UI is based on JavaScript/Html that's a little plausible, as if it's applying a style to it later. You can enable zoom out for TVs that crop the picture, and that feature may have a program function that runs even when zoom is at 100%

Admittedly it is a little weird, but bugs are pretty weird. I think that would've been caught in a fake however.

TGLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, that was pretty short. It did have the selection pulse but the tempo was slightly off.
Didn't look off to me. "Plus, it's a beta, so it could've just been a bug!"

(Also when he was hovering the buttons at the bottom of the home screen, it didn't show the subtitles such as "System Settings", "Controllers" or "Internet Browser")

The point of the video is to show that "Fake leaks are incredibly easy to make" so it didn't really need to be longer than 15 seconds. The creator probably could've made it longer, but didn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...