Android Considering the Xperia Play

Kanibull

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the hardware is sub par at best and the 4 inch screen is good because you wont really need a bigger for gaming when you have the gamepad. sony's software runs well on it because it was optimized for the device but thats about it

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see how the Xperia Play's screen is too small. It's only slightly smaller than a PSP screen (and bigger than a PSPgo screen, mind you). It's comparable to my DSi XL (except for the fact that the screen is narrower than the DSi XL's since it's 16:9), and people were complaining about that being too big.
SifJar said:
Terminator02 said:
4 inches isn't big enough for you? and the hardware is fine what are you talking about
I've heard the screen isn't very bright and is near impossible to see in sunlight. That's a huge flaw IMO.
Actually, in direct sunlight, I'd say it's comparable to my bro's iPhone 4.

@jalaneme: Sony Ericsson is a separate company with separate policies. If you're boycotting Sony for the whole geohot thing, then you should only be boycotting SCE's products, not Sony as a whole (but personally I steer away from Sony's other products anyways because of bad reliability issues I've previously had with them. Sony Ericsson is an exception though).
SE has different policies on hacking though, so they're okay.

Odanhammer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Went from having an iphone 4 which i loved but found lacking for my gaming habits and switched to an Xperia play.
Pros-
Emulators are golden , this truly is the best phone on the market (EVER) to play emuatlors
Android works very well and is current 2.3.3
phone works very well , well built and compares with an iphone 4 in many ways

Cons-
Screen brightness is lacking in direct sunlight
the low amount of memory means updating becomes a chore sometimes , low memory warnings are annoying
the plug in for the phone is in the wrong place and feels like its going to fall out all the time

However if your a gamer on your phone , dont even question it , get the xperia play

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just updated my Play from 2.3.2+root and now I'm on 2.3.3 without root. So I tried the GingerBreak which I used for rooting 2.3.2 and it didn't work. So how can I get the root back?

Also is there a way to disable the "low memory message"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo