Hardware Cost for building a good pc ?

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's the problem. RMA the PSU and see if you can borrow a working one from a friend to check other components.
I just tested my PSU by being in an horriblie situation (photo_sorry for 240p, have only my 3ds next to me) and the pc (the shitty pre-mounted one) just booted fine.

Attachments

• HNI_0086.JPG
    HNI_0086.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 140

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Check for short circuits anywhere on the motherboard or cabling, then
I can't see anything, i know i'm bad at seeing these things, but everything seems good for me.
I know one cause of the pc not booting is if the CPU cooler is not present, can this problem also occur if one of the case fans is not connected to motherboard ?

lampdemon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't see anything, i know i'm bad at seeing these things, but everything seems good for me.
I know one cause of the pc not booting is if the CPU cooler is not present, can this problem also occur if one of the case fans is not connected to motherboard ?
The PC can run without the case fans. The PC may boot without a CPU cooler then shutdown shortly after.

Don't try to booting the PC without a CPU heatsink and fan, it could fry the CPU.

Last edited by lampdemon, , Reason: more info
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, only if the CPU cooler isn't connected

I guess you could contact Intel and see if your CPU is defective

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Use this it's about 570 bucks, I recently built it and love it. That's probably the best you can get for a cheaper price. It can play pretty much any game at max settings although it might not always be a consistent 60 fps.
I can't buy another bunch of components, i already have everything.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you have any of what I'm going to suggest. Too lazy to read through every page. Remove all your ram, test each one in each slot individually when attempting to bolt the pc. If it's a ram slot or stick that is dead, you will know which it is. Make sure your board is not one of those that has a jumper set to on board graphics, if so, remove jumper and set to vga graphics. Make sure none of your cpu socket pins are bent or missing, try booting with the on board graphics, try a different graphics card if you have one. And my last bit of advice, buy a cheap old mother board woth some ddr3 or 2 amd a cheap core 2 duo cpu do test the psu

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not sure if you have any of what I'm going to suggest. Too lazy to read through every page. Remove all your ram, test each one in each slot individually when attempting to bolt the pc. If it's a ram slot or stick that is dead, you will know which it is. Make sure your board is not one of those that has a jumper set to on board graphics, if so, remove jumper and set to vga graphics. Make sure none of your cpu socket pins are bent or missing, try booting with the on board graphics, try a different graphics card if you have one. And my last bit of advice, buy a cheap old mother board woth some ddr3 or 2 amd a cheap core 2 duo cpu do test the psu
I know the PSU is working. I tested it with another PC. I also konw that all the RAMs are working by also testing them in the same pc. So i tried the same ram in all the slots but nothing more. I can't see any switch or something between onboard and vga graphics, so i assume there isn't.
And as you didn't read the whole pages, i finally have an AMD Cpu.

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are glitches on emulators, but for exemple in BotW you can increase resolution, framerate and get better colors with graphics packs. I also plan to play games on Dolphin because GC/Wii resolution is hitting my eyes. I gave BotW and emulation in general as an example, i also want to record and edit videos and maybe stream in the future (Lol let's wait for broadband now). I feel like i can't do anything on my actual (shitty) pc.
From what I have I play majority of my gaming on Cemu for Botw, yeah theres bugs but what game doesn't have a couple of problems. I have a switch but I can't play Odyssey for more than 20 min. without getting bored, tbh. If I had Botw on Switch I'd still play it on PC because of how good you can make it look. Granted not all can do so because of limited hardware and that might sway them to drop the whole PC thing and just go for a console but I like the "flexibility" of PC gaming because of emulation, and steam. If I can't find a game I really like on my platform like Horizon Zero Dawn for example, I kinda let it go and reflect on what I can do, but that's just my opinion.

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
From what I have I play majority of my gaming on Cemu for Botw, yeah theres bugs but what game doesn't have a couple of problems. I have a switch but I can't play Odyssey for more than 20 min. without getting bored, tbh. If I had Botw on Switch I'd still play it on PC because of how good you can make it look. Granted not all can do so because of limited hardware and that might sway them to drop the whole PC thing and just go for a console but I like the "flexibility" of PC gaming because of emulation, and steam. If I can't find a game I really like on my platform like Horizon Zero Dawn for example, I kinda let it go and reflect on what I can do, but that's just my opinion.
Yeah the Cemu version of botw looks much better than Wii U's or Switch's
get a cheapo pc and get geforce now, solid graphics and high fps
I already brought everything for my pc.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It turned out that the motherboard is dead. So a friend of mine said me that he could sell his pc to me for €700. I said yes cause i think it's a pretty good deal. I'm gonna sell out all i brought before
So for €700 i'll get (everything is 2nd hand) :
- [email protected]
- 8 GB DDR4 2400
- GTX 960 (will replace it with my 1050ti and sell the 960)
- Hyper TX3 Evo CPU Cooler
- An MSI motherboard (didn't get more details on it)
- Zalman Z11 Neo
- A Corsair 650W PSU
- 1TB HDD
- 256 GB SSD (not M2 or nvme)
- Razer Chroma deathstalker keyboard
- Logitech G403 Prodigy Mouse
- Logitech G231 Prodigy headphones (gonna sell it since i already have the same)
- A 24'' monitor (didn't get more details on it)
Do you think it's a good deal ?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It turned out that the motherboard is dead. So a friend of mine said me that he could sell his pc to me for €700. I said yes cause i think it's a pretty good deal. I'm gonna sell out all i brought before
So for €700 i'll get (everything is 2nd hand) :
- [email protected]
- 8 GB DDR4 2400
- GTX 960 (will replace it with my 1050ti and sell the 960)
- Hyper TX3 Evo CPU Cooler
- An MSI motherboard (didn't get more details on it)
- Zalman Z11 Neo
- A Corsair 650W PSU
- 1TB HDD
- 256 GB SSD (not M2 or nvme)
- Razer Chroma deathstalker keyboard
- Logitech G403 Prodigy Mouse
- Logitech G231 Prodigy headphones (gonna sell it since i already have the same)
- A 24'' monitor (didn't get more details on it)
Do you think it's a good deal ?
That's, what, ~$650 USD? Yeah, that's a pretty good deal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-