chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
A couple nights ago I had a weird dream/vision. There was only one scene, then I woke up. Yet, that dream is still clear in my memory. So clear that I sketched it last night.

This is what I saw:

Dream.jpg

Yeah... liiitle bit weird. One of my friends is studying here for psychology, and she loves studying dreams, so when I showed it to her she broke it down for me and explained it very, very well.

Apparently, the massive pillars show I lead a stable life, but the fact the benches and podium are so tiny means I haven't reached my goal yet. True, I have a job, I have most of my classes out of the way, and I'm not yet a game designer.

Apparently the tiny podium on the stage by itself shows I'm not a leader, and that I prefer to follow. VERY true. I've been offered a higher position in Security multiple times, but I turn them down because I feel I wouldn't be a good leader.

Now, of course, the shadow creature. The creature itself shows that I'm hiding something, since it doesn't have many features. It's shadow reveals what I'm hiding; the faces in the shadow show I'm annoyed and/or don't trust some people. This is true; I act like I trust people, I act calm, but in reality people in this dorm are pissing me off.

The day I had this dream, people in the hall blasted an iHome literally right in front of my door. Not only is this annoying for obvious reasons, but I had worked until 2am the previous night, thus pissing me off more. Then they came back when I went to bed that night. During the day, perfect quiet. 12:30AM, a fucking party outside my door again.

Now, the fact that the dream shows a huge cathedral. Apparently this shows my need for spiritual guidance or something. I find this humorous and disturbing at the same time, because I'm an atheist
rofl2.gif
unsure.gif

Back to the shadow, it falls into a distorted, upside down cross from the window. This shows that I'm annoyed at religion, or at least religious people in my life. VERY true. My mother and little sister are Jehovah's Witnesses, and they're constantly pressuring me to go back to their cult-- sorry, religion. After being dragged to their meetings and having their propaganda shoved down my throat my entire life, though, I have become an atheist. Ironic, no? ;D

The way things are distorted in the corners may show something too, but we think it's just the perspective I was looking at the room from.

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
That's why I'm creeped out, I never dream, and when I do I always forget them.

Why did this one dream, which was only this one scene, stay with me 24 hours after I had it?

And why are these things represented by a black shadowy ghost inside a cathedral? I've never been in a big church, and the ghost and shadow are just... weird...

Did these really come from my mind?

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Whoa..
I never had dreams that actually MEANT something.
It was usually something funny and ridiculous that would never happen.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, that's a pretty cool dream. However, it doesn't necessarily represent anything at all. People like to look too deeply into things and forget what they really are, this was just a dream. It looks similar to a famous picture of a ghost in a church, although i don't really like the picture so I'm not going to post it here

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
chrisman01 said:
A couple nights ago I had a weird dream/vision. There was only one scene, then I woke up. Yet, that dream is still clear in my memory. So clear that I sketched it last night.

This is what I saw:

Dream.jpg

Yeah... liiitle bit weird. One of my friends is studying here for psychology, and she loves studying dreams, so when I showed it to her she broke it down for me and explained it very, very well.

Apparently, the massive pillars show I lead a stable life, but the fact the benches and podium are so tiny means I haven't reached my goal yet. True, I have a job, I have most of my classes out of the way, and I'm not yet a game designer.

Apparently the tiny podium on the stage by itself shows I'm not a leader, and that I prefer to follow. VERY true. I've been offered a higher position in Security multiple times, but I turn them down because I feel I wouldn't be a good leader.

Now, of course, the shadow creature. The creature itself shows that I'm hiding something, since it doesn't have many features. It's shadow reveals what I'm hiding; the faces in the shadow show I'm annoyed and/or don't trust some people. This is true; I act like I trust people, I act calm, but in reality people in this dorm are pissing me off.

The day I had this dream, people in the hall blasted an iHome literally right in front of my door. Not only is this annoying for obvious reasons, but I had worked until 2am the previous night, thus pissing me off more. Then they came back when I went to bed that night. During the day, perfect quiet. 12:30AM, a fucking party outside my door again.

Now, the fact that the dream shows a huge cathedral. Apparently this shows my need for spiritual guidance or something. I find this humorous and disturbing at the same time, because I'm an atheist
rofl2.gif
unsure.gif

Back to the shadow, it falls into a distorted, upside down cross from the window. This shows that I'm annoyed at religion, or at least religious people in my life. VERY true. My mother and little sister are Jehovah's Witnesses, and they're constantly pressuring me to go back to their cult-- sorry, religion. After being dragged to their meetings and having their propaganda shoved down my throat my entire life, though, I have become an atheist. Ironic, no? ;D

The way things are distorted in the corners may show something too, but we think it's just the perspective I was looking at the room from.
Jehovahs Wittness are not a cult. They are christia without the pagan stuff added that live accordig to the bible. They strive to be like Jesus, (well Jehovah, but jesus is very much like him) hence they are Christians, Christ-like. In no way are JW a cult
I am a little offended by that, And I don't take offence to much.
/rant
Tl;dr JW's are almost the opposie of a cult

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
ThePowerOutage said:
chrisman01 said:

This is what I saw:

Dream.jpg

rofl2.gif
unsure.gif

Jehovahs Wittness are not a cult. They are christia without the pagan stuff added that live accordig to the bible. They strive to be like Jesus, (well Jehovah, but jesus is very much like him) hence they are Christians, Christ-like. In no way are JW a cult
I am a little offended by that, And I don't take offence to much.
/rant
Tl;dr JW's are almost the opposie of a cult
Cult: A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner.
I think he got it right.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice dream. Too bad it doesn't mean ANYTHING. Trying to interpret a dream is like trying to understand higher knowledge in a Dr. Seuss book.

No offense or anything, but dreams are just images formed by your head in REM rest; it has absolutely no meaning to it.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
Nice dream. Too bad it doesn't mean ANYTHING. Trying to interpret a dream is like trying to understand higher knowledge in a Dr. Seuss book.

No offense or anything, but dreams are just images formed by your head in REM rest; it has absolutely no meaning to it.
Exactly, aren't dreams just your brains way of making sure it's still there or something like that?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L-Lawliet said:
Slyakin said:

Exactly, aren't dreams just your brains way of making sure it's still there or something like that?
Actually, dreams aren't necessary at all. It's simply how your brain acts during REM sleep.

That's why some people don't even dream to begin with.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
L-Lawliet said:
Slyakin said:

Actually, dreams aren't necessary at all. It's simply how your brain acts during REM sleep.

That's why some people don't even dream to begin with.
I thought everyone dreams, just not everyone remembers it. I'd hate to not be able to dream, occasionally I'll have a week to a month of non stop crazy dreams, that make no sense at all. I love writing them down afterwards and sharing them with people

chrisman01

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Dreams can mean things, just not in a spiritual sense like what some of you may be implying. I think of REM sleep like defragmenting a hard drive, it reorganizes things and occasionally spits back an image or sequence of images related to what it's organizing, ie dreams. Thus dreams can show you things that you may have forgotten, or things that you realized subconsciously. My dream shows things that I realized subconsciously, because it's all very true. Weird how it showed it, but true nonetheless.

@thepoweroutage: not to start a flamewar, and a bit off topic, but JWs are a cult. I grew up as a JW, then woke up, looked back on what I saw and what did I see? A very small religion, with a couple million members (small considering there are 6 billion people on the planet), that was started in the 1890s by a rich man that didn't get along with the church. Then what did he and his friends do with the JW donations? He built a mansion then moved into it. http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/89.htm (a religious site, but it explains what he did the best)

In conclusion, cult.

EDIT: It should be noted that Rutherford used the excuse of building the mansion for the return of Jesus and/or his prophets. I was personally told Jesus, but I keep reading that it was built for the return of the prophets. How is that not cult-like?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone dreams, you may not remember it, but you go through dreams every night. It's your brain's way of keeping everything nice and tidy. However the first thing I thought when I saw your sketch is, "Would you look at that, even Atheists have spiritualistic dreams... Lol, he isn't going to get over this one anytime soon." Honestly if it bothers you so much, ask around about others religious attitudes. Keep an open mind. Especially if this dream scene is recurring. I myself don't tell people about my religious attitudes unless they ask (it's a new policy up stairs
tongue.gif
).

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
chrisman01 said:
ineap09 said:
That shadow immediately reminded me of Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist. Maybe I watch too much Anime.
tongue.gif

It's hard finding a good pic...
800px-68537667.jpg

Holy shit. No wonder it looked familiar...

One of those "files" being defragmented, perhaps?
wink.gif
Ah, so you've seen Full Metal Alchemist? That would indeed explain it.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The weird thing about dreams is that, your mind takes things and twists what they were. Characters from movies, anime, etc all have personalities. Your mind not only applies the meanings through their personalities, but also provides a connection to you in your subconscious. Which is why all dreams (though some are jumbled) have applied meanings. Some people can interpret them and improve themselves.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[title:OT]
L-Lawliet said:
Cult: A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner.
I think he got it right.
Nope.

1. A group or doctrine with religious, philosophical or cultural identity sometimes viewed as a sect, often existing on the margins of society or exploitative towards its members.
2. Devotion to a saint.
[/p]
Not on the margins of society or exploitative, nor devoted to a saint. I think You're using a flawed definition.

chrisman01 said:
@thepoweroutage: not to start a flamewar, and a bit off topic, but JWs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man cave, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never gets played much anymore, should sell it. Even when the kids come over, they don't want to play on it, just the xbox. TMNT and Simpson's arcade is still so fun on it, esp w 2 players.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna check out the new Garfield looks like garbage
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can't wait to see the new "stick" that can actually play Ps3 or 360 games. I know they are getting close.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty didn't you see the new garfield?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah it's all animated I was hoping for some live action
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, yes i did
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    does anyone know if you can run android apps on a usb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean use a external usb thumb drive as storage? Yeah it depends on the phone
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    no, i mean if i could store the app on the usb so it doesnt take up my storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do you ask?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    wtfff why are y'al shitting on me and super negative
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, dont worry im stupid too (or atleast dumb)
  • T @ Texasauras:
    lol im not selling it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: :shit: