Cyberpunk 2077's massive 1.2 patch is available on PC and console, has over 30GB worth of bugfixes

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 9.29.14 PM.png

Taking a little bit longer than expected, the 1.2 patch for Cyberpunk 2077 is finally here. The patch makes numerous changes and fixes to the game, spanning all sorts of improvements, such as more reliable NPC behavior, bugfixes for quests, overall stability, better driving, and "hundreds" of other tweaks. You can download the patch—which comes in at a whopping 34GB on PC and more than 45GB for consoles—on PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One, with an update for Stadia players to arrive soon. This isn't the end to further updates for Cyberpunk 2077, either, as CD Projekt Red still plans on releasing more patches in the future.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

Maybe this is how to game was always supposed to run?

I.E graphic options are actually working now and are not bugged,
what? when you turn graphics settings down, the performance shouldn't go downwith them. and only getting as low as 23fps is some trash tier optimization on hardware that would still be considered in the lower high end bracket of PC hardware

remember, this is just trying to run it at 1080p 60fps at the very minimum. and it can't even do that

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over 30GB? Sounds like a lot of un-optimized code, yikes. I miss the days when a game that's two discs long could be ported to just 64MB of space. (Resident Evil 2 for the N64.)

Sadly, game devs don't believe in storage space optimizations or compression in games anymore.
Are you a fellow ARK player by chance?

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What DOESN'T go wrong with Windows 10 updating?

The things borks more than Windows 98 did!
Never got any problems personnaly, i'm using Win10 daily since the betas, I also tried the first public alpha (that was bugged AF, cyberpunk style).

And i'm subject to problems, i'm using my PC to make music, videos, design and stuff, i have plugins that could go wrong at any little update, yet never got any...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Has anything worthwhile even released yet, this year? Persona 5 Strikers, for sure, but...anything else?
The only really notable release for me so far this year is Valheim. It does seem like it's gonna be a slow year for game releases overall, I don't see a clear front-runner for GOTY in upcoming releases for PS5 or XSX. Ghostwire: Tokyo maybe?

Meanwhile, Nintendo is releasing New Pokemon Snap and then calling it a year. Not to say I won't be buying it, but geez.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Nice, even the updater itself is buggy. It tells me it can't install the update because it needs 383 GB of free space on the hard drive in order to install it.

D

Deleted User

So all's well that ends well, the game is now perfectly playable and no more bugs, right?

umm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1