Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Rockstar said:
No GBA Emulator.
I dont want

Yeah, some crappy GBA games from 1968 won't work... For now. That might change. Every shit CPU card can play GBA games now, I'm sure that's going to be one of the first DSi homebrew projects.

But what about the Pokémon video chat? You don't want that? Seriously..?
toot.gif

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Etalon said:
Rockstar said:
No GBA Emulator.
I dont want

Yeah, some crappy GBA games from 1968 won't work... For now. That might change. Every shit CPU card can play GBA games now, I'm sure that's going to be one of the first DSi homebrew projects.

But what about the Pokémon video chat? You don't want that? Seriously..?
toot.gif
I'm buying Pokemon Black retail.
tongue.gif

But either way. My review sample has shipped. Having it in my DS and using it for a while might change my mind

steves334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
The new GUI should look a little something like this.
cycloshortcutdk6.gif

...Actually, that's just a mock-up image I made quite some time ago, April 2008 in fact!
http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6803

um no offense but that looks like fucken crap!!!! i hate the big S. why even have a top screen if its just going to be a big S? i dont even wanna look at that S for 1 second, so if it was on my dsi id probably break my dsi by either vomiting on it or just from smashing it cuz of that stupid S! it sucks!!!!!!!

EDIT: wait. why is there even an S???? nothing even starts with the letter S!! what the hell? what does S mean?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
steves334 said:
RupeeClock said:
cycloshortcutdk6.gif

...Actually, that's just a mock-up image I made quite some time ago, April 2008 in fact!

um no offense but that looks like fucken crap!!!! i hate the big S. why even have a top screen if its just going to be a big S? i dont even wanna look at that S for 1 second, so if it was on my dsi id probably break my dsi by either vomiting on it or just from smashing it cuz of that stupid S! it sucks!!!!!!!

EDIT: wait. why is there even an S???? nothing even starts with the letter S!! what the hell? what does S mean?
yOU can change the skin

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
steves334 said:
RupeeClock said:
cycloshortcutdk6.gif

I lul'd.
The CycloDS is skinnable. That "S" you're complaining about isn't even part of the new GUI, it's just an image he happened to use for the mockup.
And I don't know anyone who would vomit by looking at a letter.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
RupeeClock said:
Darkmystery said:
RupeeClock said:
So, out of curiosity, the Smugleaf skin I made for CycloDS should also work on DSi right, same firmware, same interface?

Yes, the skins have backwards compatibility.
That's great news.
I just read up on the forum, and it seems like they can force DS roms to run in DSi mode for added performance.
Immediately I'm reminded of Sonic Rush Adventure, the title intro for that would never run fullspeed on any flashcart I can think of, I'd love to test that.

And another big deal, does forced DSi mode open the possibility for WPA encryption support on old DS games?

I hope so, if it does, I'll buy this one!

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
steves334 said:

You know why I love this big S?

Because it's big. And expensive. And it has DSi mode. And it saves power. And it has Pokémon voice chat. And you don't have it. And you won't get it.
toot.gif

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Etalon said:
steves334 said:

You know why I love this big S?

Because it's big. And expensive. And it has DSi mode. And it saves power. And it has Pokémon voice chat. And you don't have it. And you won't get it.
toot.gif
The big S can't do any of that.
tongue.gif
It's part of the example skin in the skin tester program. http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596

But yes, I love this cart too.
smile.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Darkmystery said:
RupeeClock said:
So, out of curiosity, the Smugleaf skin I made for CycloDS should also work on DSi right, same firmware, same interface?

Yes, the skins have backwards compatibility.
That would be...forwards compatibility.

Anyway, good, I'll update to this.
Eventually.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Etalon said:
There are some fancy holidays now in China, they won't ship anything in the next days.

It's Chinese New Years on February 3rd, lol.
Chinese businesses tend to close up for a couple of days around Chinese holidays.

Let's hope it doesn't snow 10ft like last year during Chinese New Year. People were dying in train stations all across China waiting for trains that never came.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I Love my CycloDS Evolution

I just do hope the iEvolution the will sell won't be as the review sample i got
tongue.gif

The tell there's a minor issue with the TF slot misaligned and that it will be fixed, but there's more then just that.

4d3f2149cc5e2-cyclodsi_01.jpg
4d3f21b90f3d4-cyclodsi_05.jpg
4d3f21de78a90-cyclodsi_08.jpg

If you like to see more pictures, just ask

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mixinluv2u said:
does Ghost Trick (U) work with this un-patched? I don't see the number in the changlog but am not sure if it's just the difference in the numbering system.

I believe Ghost Trick was patched in beta B.5 os it should work unpatched with this stable release.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Stevetry said:
what about some DSi games in DSi mode i want PROOF

The problem seems to be currently with the way dumping is made. The DSi enhanced games might have not been dumped correctly ie. the DSi part wasn't done correctly. Some games do work with the DSi mode stuff (like the camera etc.).

Currently waiting for my iEvo to arrive and then I'll be up for testing + reviewing too
smile.gif

I think my DSTwo/AK2i fiddling will come to quick halt if the iEvo arrives faster here..

-Qtis

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Etalon said:
Sold! I'll get one. Sounds just like Akaio now. lol.

Just one last question: Can I use the UFO to update a totally different flashcard... like... the iEdge..?

CONFIRMED YOU CAN RUN IEDGE BOOTSTRAP WITH UFO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's ok, I only use 5 u's