• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Democratic Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Since when is it smart to be pathetic and edgy? That's only faking it.
I'd much rather have a president with the good sense to at least fake some semblance of intelligence. At least he might fool some people some of the time, instead of presenting the image of a backwards, clueless country to the rest of the world all of the time.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Didn't we learn from Bush Jr. is that speaking like an everyday hick is more appealing to the mass than someone whose vocabulary reeks pretentiousness? Being "funny" and relatable is more useful than just being right. That's intelligent. Even if he is clueless, Trump doesn't come off as clueless. That's an image that you wish to ascribe to him after the fact.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If anybody learned from Bush Jr. is that speaking like an everyday hick is more appealing to the mass than someone whose vocabulary reeks pretentiousness.
And by the end of his second term, Americans were in unanimous agreement that GWB was one of the worst presidents ever elected. Treating presidential elections like popularity contests ensures that each president will be progressively more disastrous for the country's interests than the last. The sooner voters realize that, the better.

Being "funny" and relatable is more useful than just being right. That's intelligent. Even if he is clueless, Trump doesn't come off as clueless.
Constantly hurling insults at our allies and heaping praise on dictators/adversaries is not funny, and it absolutely makes him look clueless from a foreign policy standpoint.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for your commentary about thier indepth analysis of the facts as you can clearly see using data out of context from a single source is an invalid way to go about winning a debate or trying to make a point.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that is not the moral of the story though, but I expect no less than endless bad faith arguments from you.

you can very much use just one source of information to make a valid point.
what you can't do is use invalid information to make a valid point.
what they did there wasn't an indepth analysis of 'the facts'.
they made up facts and used too complicated to easily check arguments to support those made up facts, giving it a semblance of credibility.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As I've already stated it's both Clinton's policies and Bush's war that triggered the recession. Seeing that the current Republican leadership policies have been keeping job growth (more than under the Democrats lead by Obama, which I already linked to an article explaining the details) and improving the overall economy, plus no sort of war has started we're doing much better.

not an article, A COMMENTARY that we've all agreed on is using faulty logic to come to its wrong conclusions...

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
And by the end of his second term, Americans were in unanimous agreement that GWB was one of the worst presidents ever elected. Treating presidential elections like popularity contests ensures that each president will be progressively more disastrous for the country's interests than the last.

That's the trend and it isn't likely that it is going to change. When candidates pander for votes, it quite literally is a popularity contest.

Constantly hurling insults at our allies and heaping praise on dictators/adversaries is not funny, and it absolutely makes him look clueless from a foreign policy standpoint.

This is your idea of "Trump in a nutshell". Too bad we aren't talking about the same thing. We could have had a conversation.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just called nearly half the peeps of the country that. ok.

Since when is the Liberal minority considered "half of the peeps of the country"? It's just their shit is pushed on us from their vocal leaders and the media eats it up. They are in reality a minority, which is how they should be and their numbers need to be reduced even further to make sure they don't come even close to breaking out of their minority status, let alone compare to the other majorities. I could see how saying a large percentage of Democrats populate the country, but even to normal Democrats Liberals are considered freak shows.

Last edited by cots,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's the trend and it isn't likely that it is going to change. When candidates pander for votes, it quite literally is a popularity contest.
Having some charisma isn't a bad thing, but it is possible to have charisma and still be qualified and intelligent. Republicans continue to nominate the least-qualified candidates they can possibly find, while Democrats value the skills necessary to legislate and govern.

This is your idea of "Trump in a nutshell". Too bad we aren't talking about the same thing. We could have had a conversation.
No, that's his foreign policy writ large. Nothing 'in a nutshell' about it.

Since when is the Liberal minority considered "half of the peeps of the country"?
Registered Democrats aren't quite half of all registered voters, you're correct on that. Neither are they a minority among registered voters, however. The breakdown is 40% Democrat, 29% Republican, 28% Independent.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Having some charisma isn't a bad thing, but it is possible to have charisma and still be qualified and intelligent. Republicans continue to nominate the least-qualified candidates they can possibly find, while Democrats value the skills necessary to legislate and govern.

No, that's his foreign policy writ large. Nothing 'in a nutshell' about it.

Registered Democrats aren't quite half of all registered voters, you're correct on that. Neither are they a minority among registered voters, however. The breakdown is 40% Democrat, 29% Republican, 28% Independent.

You aren't very intelligent. So let it go.

Reactions: Deleted-401606

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So it's not personal when you are doing it about a President? I see integrity is just a buzzword for you. Too bad Trump probably doesn't know who you are, because you and him might have been able to relate to this feeling you are experiencing.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So it's not personal when you are doing it about a President?
Obviously not, the president is a public figure and not a part of this discussion. If I could insult him to his face like he's insulted so many other people, I would in a heartbeat, but the odds of me ever getting that chance are extremely low.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Obviously not, the president is a public figure and not a part of this discussion. If I could insult him to his face like he's insulted so many other people, I would in a heartbeat, but the odds of me ever getting that chance are extremely low.
And you are just some satirical self-debasing internet personality. By no means a real person. I find it hard to tell if "you" ever were really apart of any discussion.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I can't imagine a low-iq idiot making sense of the point I've already made, so I'll let it go. :D

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I let go of trying to make you understand, and am embracing you for all you can be.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I let go of trying to make you understand, and am embracing you for all you can be.
You are vastly overestimating your English skills if you think you've made any statement I was incapable of understanding. The shit you're flinging is just too weak to stick, and it proves that you're incapable of carrying a mature conversation beyond the point of your petty insecurities. Grow the fuck up kiddo.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to "talk smarter" than you.
Nobody asked you to. Your vocabulary and grammar can be at the level of a first-grader for all I care, as long as you've actually got something to contribute. Instead you've got your identity entirely too wrapped up in your political loyalties and/or the cult of personality you've joined. Because of that, it's plainly obviously that you don't have the fortitude necessary for political discussion.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nobody asked you to.

The following quote inferred that I already tried:

You are vastly overestimating your English skills if you think you've made any statement I was incapable of understanding.

Which adds further emphasis to missing the point.

Instead you've got your identity entirely too wrapped up in your political loyalties and/or the cult of personality you've joined.

See. It's not that I like or dislike Trump. It's just that you give him more appeal the more you try to be a center of attention. It's ironic and pathetic. To top it off, you want both see yourself and be seen as smart. I'm doing you a favor. It's not smart to reject the existence of intelligence in your adversaries. It's just as easy for an adversary to do the same to you. It doesn't require anything "special". You've taken the level of denial to such an incredible display that it is hard consider you level-headed.

Last edited by tabzer,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy