"Detected storage drive device. Refreshing mounted drives." & restoring Xbox Classics Partition Question

IndeliblyStamped

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Greetings. I recently acquired a Jasper Xbox 360 Arcade JTAGGed/Glitch2 with an unofficial third party 250 GB HDD.

Context: As soon as I turn on the system, it boots directly to Freestyledash 3. There were no other applications installed - no XeXMENU or DashLauncher.

I installed XEXMENU and DashLauncher myself with my own SanDisk Cruzer Glide 3.0 128 GB USB to store my games, applications etc. I was able to Move the XEXMENU 1.2 from the USB to the HDD, but I noticed upon going to "Games" there were two separate XEXMENU 1.2

When I plug my USB drive to the Xbox 360, a pop up message appears saying "Detected storage drive device. Refreshing mounted drives." and I can't get access to the Xbox 360 hard drive if I'm in XeXMenu. What's funny is, if I remove my USB while using XeXMenu I can navigate to the HDD. Does have anyone suggestions on how to fix this or to prevent the 360 from "refreshing mounted drives?"

I noticed that the 250 GB HDD does not have an Xbox Classics/HddX as shown in some video tutorials. I assume I would need an official Microsoft certified HDD to get access to the Xbox Classics/Hddx? Is there a way to restore Xbox Classics compatibility?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by IndeliblyStamped,

IndeliblyStamped

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks. I followed the guide you provided, but I don't have a DVD/CD burner for the time being. I only have a USB I'd like to know if there is a way to prevent "Detected storage drive device. Refreshing mounted drives." I formatted my SanDisk Cruzer Glide 3.0 128 GB USB directly from the Xbox 360 and when I have it plugged in, I can't seem to get access to the Xbox 360 HDD. It seems to merge the HDD, the USB altogether at once. The Xbox 360 does detect my USB but for some reason I can't access the HDD.

IndeliblyStamped

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I will give it a try. Even though I've formatted the USB directly from the Xbox 360, I will try formatting the USB again. Do you recommend any settings to format to FAT32? I know theres GUIformat but if there are any applications you recommend, please suggest any.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Basically anything that can format storage to FAT32 is good enough, iirc GUIformat is recommended at that.

I'd recommend installing an alternate dashboard, Freestyle isn't maintained anymore, Aurora is, the former is more for powerusers, the latter for gamers.
Both dashboards will simplify the installation of games, FTP access is possible!

IndeliblyStamped

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Unfortunately I still get the "Detected storage drive device. Refreshing mounted drives." pop up on my USB after using GUIformat which means I cannot isolate or categorize usb0 to HD in XEXMenu. Is there any way to isolate the USB, HDD and Memory Unit?

With the USB plugged in, If I go to XEXMenu all I see is Games Discovery, Usb0 and Configuration. But if I unplug the USB, I can see HDD1.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If Freestyle was preinstalled, you should be able to set it to autoboot in Dashlaunch.
XeXmenu isn't really required beyond original setup, I highly recommend using Freestyle.

Formatting does not undo any hardware hack, it merely clears games and other data off off the HDD.

Reactions: BigOnYa

IndeliblyStamped

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If Freestyle was preinstalled, you should be able to set it to autoboot in Dashlaunch.
XeXmenu isn't really required beyond original setup, I highly recommend using Freestyle.

Formatting does not undo any hardware hack, it merely clears games and other data off off the HDD.

Okay before I try to format the HDD, I want to try something else.
I'm on FreeStyle file Manager. I can see Root on two sides of the screen:
Game:
Hdd1:
OnBoardMU
Usb0

I tried to copy the hdd_compat_partition from the Usb0 to the HDD1, by holding Left Shift and A to copy but I get a pop up saying "Cannot Copy to or from Root Folders" Is there a way to enable this?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're using the filemanager incorrectly, you'll have to use the right pane to select the item you want to copy and the right pane for the folder you want to copy it to.

You'll have to make a HDDX partition first if you want to copy the compatibility files.

IndeliblyStamped

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You're using the filemanager incorrectly, you'll have to use the right pane to select the item you want to copy and the right pane for the folder you want to copy it to.

You'll have to make a HDDX partition first if you want to copy the compatibility files.

Is there any tutorial on how to use the File manager properly? I see both the exact same Root on two sides on the screen. If I select Usb0 on the right or left side and try to copy it gives me the "Cannot Copy to or from Root Folders"

I have a feeling I'm having this issue due to the "Detected storage drive device. Refreshing mounted drives." pop up

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any tutorial on how to use the File manager properly? I see both the exact same Root on two sides on the screen. If I select Usb0 on the right or left side and try to copy it gives me the "Cannot Copy to or from Root Folders"
Then how were you able to install DashLaunch and XexMenu to your Hdd? If you want to install the XboxOG capatibility files, you must first create a partion on your Hdd just for those files.

IndeliblyStamped

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Then how were you able to install DashLaunch and XexMenu to your Hdd? If you want to install the XboxOG capatibility files, you must first create a partion on your Hdd just for those files.

Greetings. What I did was I placed the files in the 'hidden Content' folder on my USB if I recall and I was able to launch XeXMenu from the "Games" tab on the Xbox dashboard. I'm new to this so I'm drawing a blank. I don't recall. Sorry.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would look in all your settings for a Hdd root access setting. (If there is one, I don't remember seeing one but maybe there is.) Maybe that is stopping you from accessing the Hdd. If no help, then I would do like Dinoh said, just reformat the Hdd and start new, following that guide. Good luck!

IndeliblyStamped

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I would look in all your settings for a Hdd root access setting. (If there is one, I don't remember seeing one but maybe there is.) Maybe that is stopping you from accessing the Hdd. If no help, then I would do like Dinoh said, just reformat the Hdd and start new, following that guide. Good luck!

I checked the General Settings in Freestyle Dash and I noticed File Manager Advanced Mode (flash, sysext, hddx) was not enabled so I enabled it and I can see HDDX. I copied the Compatibility folder. I will give an Xbox Classic game a try now.
Post automatically merged:

I appreciate @DinohScene and @BigOnYa 's help. I've tested two Xbox Classics games via USB on Freestyle and they run flawlessly.

IndeliblyStamped

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Follow-up question: I tried to copy a game from my USB0 to the HDD using FreestyleDash 3 since my USB is running out of space, but upon completion Freestyledash crashed and the 360 rebooted. Is this normal? Would I need to delete the game from the HDD and try copying the game from the USB again?

As far as fan speeds, what do you personally recommend for Jasper 360 phat arcade units? Mine was set to 70% when I got mine. Sure its loud, but I don't mind it personally. Especially coming from a country where its 90-100 degrees F daily. My 360 GPU and memory are at a constant 45-54 degrees Celsius.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @RedColoredStars, like a cat gta?