'Detective Pikachu' movie is reportedly getting a sequel

detective pika.JPG
Remember the Detective Pikachu where Deadpool's Ryan Reynolds voices the electric mouse? The one that hasn't even been released yet? Well, according to an exclusive Hollywood Reporter article, a sequel to that movie is already underway.

Legendary Entertainment, seemingly confident about its unreleased movie, will again work on this sequel and has already caught hired Oren Uziel to write the script. Uziel, you might recall, also worked on the Sonic the Hedgehog movie set to release later this year.

In case you didn't see it, here's the trailer for the Detective Pikachu movie that spawned countless of memes and mixed reactions (and inspired a realistic-looking Tempy) and decide for yourself if it's worthy of a sequel:

The Detective Pikachu movie is slated for a release this May 11th.

:arrow: SOURCE

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For this to get a sequel they must have tested it with an audience and got positive inside reviews, the camera shots look solid with the widescreen lens Reyonalds should add some good comedic laughs and Pikachu looks good (my 6yr can't wait to see it) + (this is CG progressing now with hairs and motion they have been waiting to add these textures for a while now (Sonic will have them too) throw in the fact they wanted to lock up the cast and crew so the project won't get delayed. I just hope all these future gaming movies get a fair shot with scripts and cast and good directors :)

Enkuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Honestly i'm probably not that target, however quite a bit of what you said does apply to me.

I was in to Pokemon from the start here in the UK, I got Pokemon Red and never looked back. Gold / Silver were amazing, I imported them from the US months before we get them though a shop in my hometown. I've been in and out of Pokemon since. I got back in to Diamond on the DS at University with some course mates, then went back and finished Ruby and Leafe Green on the GBA. In recent years the X / Y on the 3DS got me hardcore back in to the series, I then went back and finished White and Black 2 and have kept up with the franchise since, including Lets Go on the Switch.

In some ways I’m kinda lucky as I’ve enjoyed Pokemon Go since day one and still enjoy it today. I also love the core games too, so at present is a great time to be in to Pokemon, even more so as I’ve met new people in my home town also in to the franchise though Pokemon Go.

The movie in general just look a bit rubbish to me, however I’m not all that bothered to be honest. I’ve always been in to the games over the anime so I’m good either way, I just never expected the movie to be as hyped as it is!
Maybe you're just a tiny bit too old? If it was out during your twenties when you were applying to your first job maybe you'd identify yourself more to the movie character who clearly doesn't have his life settled.
In any case yeah, it doesn't matter even if the movie doesn't hype you (btw I've never been that into the anime either, except when I was very young and every anime was amazing). It's even better, you can't be disappointed :P

But I know a lot of people who correspond exactly to what I said who are super hyped. I'm almost planning on watching it twice in order to see it with several friends who want to watch it :P
Which is very dumb because if the movie turns out to be bad, I'll have to watch it a second time knowing it's bad or cancel. That's all hype.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The writing in the trailer is solid, so I can see why they'd decide to do a sequel after some test screenings. It potentially appeals to a very wide audience despite being a "family" film.

Last edited by Xzi,

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I don't think you can go wrong with Deadpool Pikachu. The potential for brilliant adult jokes, combined with writers who probably know who the main audience is going to be...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May the 4th be with you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: May the 4th be with you