Hardware Did I just destroy my N3ds battery? lmao

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to convert some 3ds game files (Mario and Luigi Dream Team.3ds to CIA) I was looking at an old method that said to power on the device while holding Sart + Select + X.
I did so but the screen was pitch black. I couldn't get it to turn off so I removed the battery which was a big mistake.
System was 100% charged but now it won't keep a charge or stay on unless I have it connect to a charger. I don't now if me removing the battery caused it to break or maybe something else, just need some answer to know if I should buy or new battery or if this is fixable. Thanks :grog:

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can buy replacement 3DS batteries on Amazon. I had to do that a year or two ago, as my battery was starting to bubble, like it might explode soon, and it didn't hold much of a charge, would last maybe an hour before it'd needed to be charged again. Don't know why that happened, but once I got a new battery that fixed the issue.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, check that the New 3DS can actually turn on and stay on without the AC charger plugged in. Either use a different battery that's known to hold a charge, or use your supposedly bad battery in another n3DS to verify it's dead for sure.

Your issue could be due to a damaged motherboard with blown out fuse or resistor.

If battery replacement is indeed required, official KTR-003 batteries for the New 3DS can (usually) be bought at Nintendo online stores.
Due to shortage or rarity finding KTR-004, you can substitute this with the CTR-003 battery ( for the o3DS / o2DS / n3DSXL / Switch Pro Controller ).

Avoid fake generic batteries with false mAh capacities (impossible battery life).

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1