• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Do you feel transgender people should be able to use their preferred bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ability to feel comfortable, goes both ways.
Do you think there are security guards looking at IDs outside every single bathroom in the US? A man does not have to pretend to be a woman to walk into a women's bathroom.
No, but people can rightfully cause a commotion or get guards. Can't even do that, if someone simply walks into an unisex bathroom. I do think there should be more unisex bathrooms, either added on or planned from the get go.

Reactions: The Catboy and Xzi

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In nature, aka the thing that outdates humanity, sex is for procreation aka continuing of the genome evolution of a specific species. Sexual fetishes for the same sex does not help the species for genetic diversity. Lets say there was a small city where only gays where alllowed and adoption was not allowed after 1 generation the city would lose its population. I personally have known a lesbian woman who raised her daughter to be gay. The daughter decided to be strait after she turned 18 and no longer had to depend on her mother to make choices. I belive childred can not make life long choices before they themselves have matured into actual brain chemestry adulthood. (Being 18 years old is not a automattic pass into mental adult maturity). Children need structure and guidence. Gay adults fighting for children's gay rights is nothing more than gays trying to condition and groom a new generation.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In nature, aka the thing that outdates humanity, sex is for procreation aka continuing of the genome evolution of a specific species. Sexual fetishes for the same sex does not help the species for genetic diversity. Lets say there was a small city where only gays where alllowed and adoption was not allowed after 1 generation the city would lose its population. I personally have known a lesbian woman who raised her daughter to be gay. The daughter decided to be strait after she turned 18 and no longer had to depend on her mother to make choices. I belive childred can not make life long choices before they themselves have matured into actual brain chemestry adulthood. (Being 18 years old is not a automattic pass into mental adult maturity). Children need structure and guidence. Gay adults fighting for children's gay rights is nothing more than gays trying to condition and groom a new generation.
That’s a lot of words to say “I don’t understand anything about biology”

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nonsensical statements like this seem to always forget that not all straight people can or want to reproduce.

Also lesbian lizards are a thing.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another solution is to just close all public restrooms. You just have to wait to get back home to use your bathroom. In the meantime, wear your diaper. :D

I'm joking. I don't have a solution. :(

blakeana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blazeana.neocities.org
XP
Country
Poland
what the fuck is this thread-- oh wait, political gbatemp, y'all traditionally leave your brains at the gate before entering here

as a Certified Transsexual(tm) - rapists will rape no matter what, gendered bathrooms won't magically stop them from doing so. hence why non-gendered bathrooms are the way.
for all the unisex bathroom haters... news, the bathrooms at your own houses are unisex too.

Norris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The “solution” is stop worrying about the genitals of strangers and children and let people piss in whatever toilet makes them comfortable. This is not hard and anything less is just a poorly veiled version of the “Jewish question.”
i wish we could do this but it's just not the case it is dangerous for a trans boy to go into the boy's restroom at school because they will get bullied hit or worse and then there's the problem of men pretending to be girls in school to assult these men are not real trans people they are using the movement for ill harm I'm not saying trans girls can rape girls I mean I'm worried about trans boys being assaulted in restrooms by boys and boys pretending to be girls those people are not real trans people

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish we could do this but it's just not the case it is dangerous for a trans boy to go into the boy's restroom at school because they will get bullied hit or worse and then there's the problem of men pretending to be girls in school to assult these men are not real trans people they are using the movement for ill harm I'm not saying trans girls can rape girls I mean I'm worried about trans boys being assaulted in restrooms by boys and boys pretending to be girls those people are not real trans people
You are not protecting children by telling them they are not allowed to express themselves. That doesn’t even make sense if you think about it for even a second. Bathroom laws or not there is NOTHING stopping the situations you’re explaining other than rules/the law and those things are illegal with or without trans people being allowed to piss where they want. Use your brain, you aren’t crusading for anything; you’re telling people they shouldn’t be allowed to express themselves or take care of themselves because you can’t see your past own prejudice.

Norris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A toilet is a toilet, use it for your duty, use toilet paper/bidet and wash your hands and then move on.
i wish people could treat it this way but just how boys are in today is disgusting and would not be safe for the girls

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish people could treat it this way but just how boys are in today is disgusting and would not be safe for the girls
You have a lot of bs lip service but seemingly no actual interest in creating a safer world for people who don’t fit your view of the gender binary. You aren’t helping anyone other than assuaging your own guilt for being transphobic. Gtfoh.

“We can’t do that because it doesn’t fit how I view the world, I don’t care what the actual people affected by this say or want.” This is you, over and over again.

Norris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not protecting children by telling them they are not allowed to express themselves. That doesn’t even make sense if you think about it for even a second. Bathroom laws or not there is NOTHING stopping the situations you’re explaining other than rules/the law and those things are illegal with or without trans people being allowed to piss where they want. Use your brain, you aren’t crusading for anything; you’re telling people they shouldn’t be allowed to express themselves or take care of themselves because you can’t see your past own prejudice.
i literally stated i think people should do what they want I'm not worried about trans people in worried because i know in my school if a trans boy walked into the boys restroom they would be bullyed i dont like that but its just how it is unfortantly how do i have prejudice?

Norris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a lot of bs lip service but seemingly no actual interest in creating a safer world for people who don’t fit your view of the gender binary. You aren’t helping anyone other than assuaging your own guilt for being transphobic. Gtfoh.
how am i being transphobic by accepting the fact that people today are transphobic and its sadly not safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...