Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am God and all that's holy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
"What does the Bible really say about hell", well, it's a bit like what does the bible really say about anything. It says a load of stuff in 2000 year old Hebrew which can be translated a hundred ways and interpreted a million ways, depending on what you want to beleive.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
giratina16 said:
Oh MY god, does that mean I'm going to hell? Well screw me sideways and call me Jesus Christ.

Hell ?

http://www.jacksonsnyder.com/arc/reslight/...eally%20Say.htm

wink.gif
Sounds gorgeous when can I move in?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blasphemy is the the only sin that god will not forgive, its ok to rape murder and be a pedo, but in gods sick mind blasphemy is much much worse than any of those.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
Jesus is not God.

So therefore using his name can not ever be considered blasphemy. Unless of course you're committing idolatry, putting Christ above God, which any good Christian should know is a sin.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lumnous said:
speaking of which, arent we kinda all sinning even if we dont belive? i mean we made the ds, ps3, xbox, wii. and what do we do? we make games with false gods. so your all going to hell too, if there is a hell or not it depends on when we die or what we see,
If not worshiping those gods, it's no sin. It said not to put any God before him. Really saying that would be like saying "studying Greek gods is a sin."
So our souls are fine.
If you are worshiping those Gods, more power to ya, as long as your happy all is good.

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Lumnous said:
speaking of which, arent we kinda all sinning even if we dont belive? i mean we made the ds, ps3, xbox, wii. and what do we do? we make games with false gods. so your all going to hell too, if there is a hell or not it depends on when we die or what we see,
If not worshiping those gods, it's no sin. It said not to put any God before him. Really saying that would be like saying "studying Greek gods is a sin."
So our souls are fine.
If you are worshiping those Gods, more power to ya, as long as your happy all is good.
but yet we create false idols of gods because we act as gods on sims. we create gods in games like Devil may cry 4.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lumnous said:
Lumnous said:
So our souls are fine.
but yet we create false idols of gods because we act as gods on sims. we create gods in games like Devil may cry 4.
Still not really worshiping them nor putting them before God him/herself...so I fail to see the problem.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
"What does the Bible really say about hell", well, it's a bit like what does the bible really say about anything. It says a load of stuff in 2000 year old Hebrew which can be translated a hundred ways and interpreted a million ways, depending on what you want to beleive.

QUOTE(RockmanForte @ May 24 2010, 11:56 PM) Actually, it is a false teaching.
99% of it is false teaching.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Still not really worshiping them nor putting them before God him/herself...so I fail to see the problem.

Idolatry is a little different than that. It doesn't have to be a worship system, it's just idolising anything that isn't God. If you want to get literal about it both Christians and Muslims commit idolatry on a daily basis. Christians aspire to more like Christ and Muslims aspire to be like Mohammed (the more devout ones anyway) instead of aspiring to simply follow the word of God. Both are committing idolatry in the way it's described in the Bible. It's not just the worshipping, it's the placing of something other than God on a pedestal.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it is a false teaching.

Stephen, filled with the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at God's right hand. "Look! I can see heaven thrown open," he said, "and the Son of man standing at the right hand of God." Acts 7:55, 56, The New Jersusalem Bible.

Fact: The Trinitarian dogma is a late fourth-century invention.
smile.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
And other Christians will believe you are following a false teaching. And if you happened to grow up attending a different church you may well agree withthem.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
RockmanForte said:
And other Christians will believe you are following a false teaching. And if you happened to grow up attending a different church you may well agree withthem.

Sorry but read this again:

QUOTE(RockmanForte @ May 24 2010, 07:00 PM)

Stephen, filled with the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at God's right hand. "Look! I can see heaven thrown open," he said, "and the Son of man standing at the right hand of God." Acts 7:55, 56, The New Jersusalem Bible.

Fact: The Trinitarian dogma is a late fourth-century invention.
smile.gif

See? The proof of the bible.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Man respect everyone's beliefs here.
If you do believe God, stop arguing with atheists or agnostics. This is a GAME FORUM after all.
smile.gif

I never thought this day would come.
ohnoes.png

dudeonline said:
Tanas said:
Blasphemy is the the only sin that god will not forgive, its ok to rape murder and be a pedo, but in gods sick mind blasphemy is much much worse than any of those.

God damn it. I guess i'm fucked.
Yes, blasphemy is the WORST sin you can do. Even killing does not sum that up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety