Does playing Warcraft make you unfit for Senate

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then you actually went to the site in question where they're taking issues with comments like this:

Colleens-World-Comment-2.jpg

And:

Colleen-Lachowicz-World-Comment-5.jpg

Yeah, um, talking about *drowning* your political opponents in a bathtub *does* make you unfit for the Senate--so does shouting **** like it's a new chew toy.

(There is also. literally, nothing negative said about WoW or gamers in general because WoW isn't the point--her statements are.)

The site is here.

I do realize that when people are hyper-partisans--left or right--it's going to make absolutely *no* difference what is said because, like Colleen, they want to deflect from the issue at hand and what better way than claiming your opponent is maligning millions of people, right?

(I'm also certain, given the day and age, that 99% of the people bemoaning this didn't actually check the original source for the story because it's just too good to fact check.)

The site clearly says that she (as a WoW player) has no ability to distinguish the real world from the online gaming world.
Also, I really think that this following statement she made, is REALLY outrageous, violent and crude!!!
Colleen-Lachowicz-World-Comment-41.jpg

How dare she miss playing with her friends?!?!? >: (

Right, got it: fantasizing about drowning your political opponents is acceptable behavior as long as you also say something innocuous. :rolleyes:

(Amazing how you can't even bring yourself to condemn the things that *ARE* ridiculous/lunatic behavior from anyone, let alone a senate candidate. But of course that's the case, you're exactly the hyper-partisan type to which I was referring.)

But keep on spinning! (And people wonder why independents like me are so very sick of the political process when partisans can't even call out the bad behavior of those they relate to.)

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
So wait, what's the actual verdict?
We'll find that out on November 6th :P

I dunno if I'd vote for her, not because of the games stuff, but just because she's rather partisan in her politics. I care about the same stuff as she cares about (that liberal stuff, yknow..) but if you can't work across the aisle, fuck-all gets done. It's a very partisan race, and yeah they'll grab any rock they can throw. WoW is a handy rock because there's history there. People will lump it in with Dungeons and Dragons, and for the same reasons (witchcraft, satanism, the game that is also a drug, etc..) It makes for a nice bugbear.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Better to be a gamer than flying to Thailand on the taxpayers dime to have sex with a 12 year old boy. Honestly this is plain ridiculous and whoever claims ludicrous nonsense like this needs to have a mental evaluation. Playing a game has nothing to do with whether you're fit or not to work in a totally unrelated position.

I think a better question would be "does being a logical, level-headed, reasonable individual make you unfit for senate?" Because as far as I'm concerned no one who fits that description is allowed to even get close to being able to run things the right way and make changes that benefit the communities they are "working for".

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see her campaign turn this around into a selling point.

"Colleen Lachowicz reached across the aisle for several nonpartisan raids, scoring some epic loot for her clan in the process. Does the GOP even know what a raid is? Vote Horde 2012."

Reactions: 1 person

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, um, talking about *drowning* your political opponents in a bathtub *does* make you unfit for the Senate--so does shouting **** like it's a new chew toy.

(There is also. literally, nothing negative said about WoW or gamers in general because WoW isn't the point--her statements are.)

The site is here.

I do realize that when people are hyper-partisans--left or right--it's going to make absolutely *no* difference what is said because, like Colleen, they want to deflect from the issue at hand and what better way than claiming your opponent is maligning millions of people, right?

(I'm also certain, given the day and age, that 99% of the people bemoaning this didn't actually check the original source for the story because it's just too good to fact check.)

The site clearly says that she (as a WoW player) has no ability to distinguish the real world from the online gaming world.
Also, I really think that this following statement she made, is REALLY outrageous, violent and crude!!!

How dare she miss playing with her friends?!?!? >: (

Right, got it: fantasizing about drowning your political opponents is acceptable behavior as long as you also say something innocuous. :rolleyes:

(Amazing how you can't even bring yourself to condemn the things that *ARE* ridiculous/lunatic behavior from anyone, let alone a senate candidate. But of course that's the case, you're exactly the hyper-partisan type to which I was referring.)

But keep on spinning! (And people wonder why independents like me are so very sick of the political process when partisans can't even call out the bad behavior of those they relate to.)

Dude, I'm Swedish and couldn't care less about any of your senates... And also, I don't have a clue if she's left or right or up or down...
Your behaviour on the other hand is very hostile, jumping to conclusions, and go to personal attacks at first sight. Maybe you are the hyper-partisan you are referring?

That quote that I posted, was posted on the site you linked. That site say clearly in the top of the page, and I quote: "In Colleen’s online fantasy world, she gets away with crude, vicious and violent comments like the ones below.", and that innocent quote is listed below said text, among with others just as innocent. They do mean that this is a crude, vicious and violent comment. That's what they say. Litterally. since ALL of the quotes listed there are examples of the crude vicious and violent comments.
Yes, I agree that she's said some bad things as well. But it IS on a gaming forum, where she talks some (very little) politics.. and the other violent statements is that she likes to stab enemies with her orc rouge.. Now, here is where the ones hosting this site are morons. THEY can't see the difference of stabbing someone in a game, and killing people in real life. It's a fucking game, what do you expect?

Also, her "fantasizing about drowning" a political opponent, was a response to where said opponent were, in your fancy way of expressing it: "Fantasizing about drowning the government" wouldn't that make an unfit senate candidate as well? Should I have to point out that said post also is 7 years and one month old?

Sure it's put blunt. but posting some oppinions in discussions on a gaming forum, about politics, about finding the word Cunt funny, and just talking about killing your enemies in a game, seven years ago... I hardly find that as something making anyone unfit to run for senate.

Again, I don't care about your politics on such a low level. It doesn't really affect me, who runs for senate and what not. The situation on the hand, I care about.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Honestly, I can't believe anyone cares that she plays WoW. It's one thing if she plays it obsessively to the degree that it affects her daily life, but if that's her only high level character I doubt that's the case.
I personally think WoW sucks, but I won't think less of people that play it, unless they do so obsessively.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Protip: Under each user's basic details is a graphical flag showing which country they're from. In addition if you hover your mouse over it you get some text that's the name of the country (Sweden in this case), since it's not like most people have every flag memorized (but it should be easy enough to determine which is your own country's flag or not).

You're the kind of person that makes politics disgusting.

Try actually discussing viewpoints and actions for once, instead of lumping people into groups of hatred.

Reactions: 1 person

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, not Warcraft, never mind, was going to say she would have good management skills. However, not so much that case anymore, carry on.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I first saw this thread I was reminded of the warden of marshwood hill from Redwall. "I AM THE LAW!" but in all seriousness playing wow isn't the problem. it's her personality that condemns her if I am reading things correctly.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I love stabbing! And poisoning! I never thought I would love it so much.." LOL. I love the GOP and I approve of their tactics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran