Hacking Question Does running pegaswitch leave any traces?

Digital_0xFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
SetupNew just disables error uploading to nintendo (less traces ; ) ) and enables some kind of dev setting on the switch which seems to affect some signature checks (ro!ease_nro_restriction)

Last edited by Digital_0xFF,
Reactions: Uumas

Uumas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
SetutNew just disables error uploading to nintendo (less traces ; ) ) and enables some kind of dev setting on the switch which seems to affect some signature checks (ro!ease_nro_restriction)
And if I'd have to send it to them for warranty they'd see that and say I've void my warranty right?

Digital_0xFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
And if I'd have to send it to them for warranty they'd see that and say I've void my warranty right?

Sorry i don' t know that for sure. I THINK not because as long as you are not writing files to your switch it is just in memory. Maybe there will be some crash logs on your device but i guess you could delete those per factory reset or even with pegaswitch. But again i don't know for sure

Xellar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yep PegaSwitch is in Memorry while loaded, so in theory it shouldnt leave any traces and i don't think the Nintendo Support would scan your whole Device before like replacing it

Uumas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yep PegaSwitch is in Memorry while loaded, so in theory it shouldnt leave any traces and i don't think the Nintendo Support would scan your whole Device before like replacing it
Ok. If it runs only in memory that's great. But about the Nintendo support I've heard someone had a broken Wii u gamepad and had softmodded the vwii. They refused to repair the gamepad because of that.

Xellar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well then thats a different Story, he had the Homebrew Channel installed and it was visible so it was his own fault

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But about the Nintendo support I've heard someone had a broken Wii u gamepad and had softmodded the vwii. They refused to repair the gamepad because of that.
That doesn't work in the EU (if they were to take advantage of the 2-year legal warranty through the seller, as opposed to the commercial warranty provided directly by Nintendo for any or no time at their own conditions)
Why would they even send back the console itself?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work