QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
anyone who thinks about it?

the wii u has all the hardware built in
It's hindered by the fact that it is a PowerPC machine.
That's one major con for all the pros it has.

Why does this affect the console?
Well, first of all we have the problem of RetroArch cores.
Due to the Wii/Wii U having a PowerPC architecture, cores which already have a dynamic recompiler implemented on other consoles have a very poor performance on the Wii U, because for the Wii U it can only run on interpreter mode due to the lack of dynarec.
This is what's keeping certain cores/emulators like PSX and N64 to shine on the Wii U, PSP as well and perhaps even Dreamcast cores might be affected due to this.

That is one huge drawback against it, and the Switch has that on its favour.
It uses a much more familiar architecture to emulators, which is ARM64. Afaik most, if not all, cores already work and/or have a dynarec for said architecture.

D

Deleted User

Are you mentally disabled ?
are you?

Goodluck emulating a Wii or Gamecube at full speed on the Switch. The Wii U has this shit built into it.

Retroarch cores might make more use of the Switch, but I doubt that. Dreamcast emulators on PC still suck in 2018. Im not expecting anything amazing on the Switch home-brew scene.

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
are you?

Goodluck emulating a Wii or Gamecube at full speed on the Switch. The Wii U has this shit built into it.

Retroarch cores might make more use of the Switch, but I doubt that. Dreamcast emulators on PC still suck in 2018. Im not expecting anything amazing on the Switch home-brew scene.

Really? My dreamcast emulator on the pib3b+ runs shit hot.

Last edited by andijames,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well for wii and gc games you cant beat wiiu really since they run perfectly and always full speed since not emulated lol.

but i hope to see the switch getting full speed n64 emulator, i doubt it will ever run dreamcast with a 1ghz cpu tbh.

imo dolphin will never run all games fullspeed on switch, shield has 2ghz cores wich for emulation are needed, switch with locked 1ghz cpu wont emulate anything that wiiu couldnt really, all im hopping to see is n64 and psx with dynarec really and that is about it tbh.

Reactions: Fadi5555

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well for wii and gc games you cant beat wiiu really since they run perfectly and always full speed since not emulated lol.

but i hope to see the switch getting full speed n64 emulator, i doubt it will ever run dreamcast with a 1ghz cpu tbh.

imo dolphin will never run all games fullspeed on switch, shield has 2ghz cores wich for emulation are needed, switch with locked 1ghz cpu wont emulate anything that wiiu couldnt really, all im hopping to see is n64 and psx with dynarec really and that is about it tbh.

Seriously ? N64 ? I dont liked any games on N64 except Zelda and Mario, lol!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Seriously ? N64 ? I dont liked any games on N64 except Zelda and Mario, lol!
that is your loss there are alot of great mario like platformers on there that are amazing and manny hiffen gems.
banjo games
conker
Robot On Wheels
rayman 2
Gex games

then you have some other great games like
body harvest
goldeney
perfect dark
turok games
vigilant 8 games
star wars games

n64 has alot of great games besides first party mario and zelda.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is your loss there are alot of great mario like platformers on there that are amazing and manny hiffen gems.
banjo games
conker
Robot On Wheels
rayman 2
Gex games

then you have some other great games like
body harvest
goldeney
perfect dark
turok games
vigilant 8 games
star wars games

n64 has alot of great games besides first party mario and zelda.

I forgot about Banjo games.. I like them too.

Nah... All else are not my type. We all are different. So I am not at loss, thanks. Your taste and mine are different:

Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask, Castlevania and Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness, that's all.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I forgot about Banjo games.. I like them too.

Nah... All else are not my type. We all are different. So I am not at loss, thanks. Your taste and mine are different:

Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask, Castlevania and Castlevania - Legacy of Darkness, that's all.
no mario kart,super smash bros,mario party?

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In terms of numbers of consoles playable, the Wii U wins easily actually.
The post was about homebrew scenes, not emulators. A homebrew scene isn't just emulators. The Wii and 3DS destroy the Wii U in terms of the amount of control people had over them via homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Taco bell is authentic Mexican food what are you talking about