Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
JJBro1 said:
out of nowhere my brother's file deleted itself, right when he was going to face lavos, this is what he did so far spoilers ahead:
I believe he let crono kill himself and he just resurrected him with the crono trigger, he did the lucca sidequest, and he beat the lavos shell.
does anyone have the save file that's close to his? And does anyone know what went wrong with his game?

No idea what went wrong. Might be from using certain cheats maybe? I have an R4 save with the second file having every side-quests done (This includes the Dimensional Vortexes) except for Lost Sanctuary where I only did the first quest. However, every character has a custom name as well as the Epoch so I don't think he would want that though. If memory serves, there was a way to rename your characters but I can't remember where that is. If he still wants my save just for the sake of seeing the ending, I'll try to look for the renamer and put up the save if he wants.

GameSoul, if you still need help, go inside the Cursed Woods and go behind the bush at the back end.

Omg, I thought that was just a monster! THANKS!

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
JJBro1 said:
out of nowhere my brother's file deleted itself, right when he was going to face lavos, this is what he did so far spoilers ahead:
I believe he let crono kill himself and he just resurrected him with the crono trigger, he did the lucca sidequest, and he beat the lavos shell.
does anyone have the save file that's close to his? And does anyone know what went wrong with his game?

No idea what went wrong. Might be from using certain cheats maybe? I have an R4 save with the second file having every side-quests done (This includes the Dimensional Vortexes) except for Lost Sanctuary where I only did the first quest. However, every character has a custom name as well as the Epoch so I don't think he would want that though. If memory serves, there was a way to rename your characters but I can't remember where that is. If he still wants my save just for the sake of seeing the ending, I'll try to look for the renamer and put up the save if he wants.

GameSoul, if you still need help, go inside the Cursed Woods and go behind the bush at the back end.
what are the custom names? And he said that the game told him his file got corrupted.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crono has my name and everyone else are named after my friends. If the save was corrupted, it must've been cheats or because he turned it off when it was still saving.

EDIT: I just found out how to rename the characters now. If he still wants the save, I'll rename everyone back to their default names before putting it up.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
Crono has my name and everyone else are named after my friends. If the save was corrupted, it must've been cheats or because he turned it off when it was still saving.
how would you send the save to me?

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can just upload it and PM you. Then you save it and download it. Depending on what kind of flashcart you're using, you might need to convert it first though. If you're using an R4 as well, then you don't need to convert it. As mentioned in the edit on my last post, I just found out how to rename the characters.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
I can just upload it and PM you. Then you save it and download it. Depending on what kind of flashcart you're using, you might need to convert it first though. If you're using an R4 as well, then you don't need to convert it. As mentioned in the edit on my last post, I just found out how to rename the characters.
ok pm it to me.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If people are reaching Lavos already (with side quests complete) then they've either dumbed the game down a great deal from the SNES version, or people are using walkthroughs, (unless they haven't slept since the rom was uploaded), this is really a game that you should find your own way through (at least first time round), it has the reputation it does because it is such a rewarding adventure - don't rush it!

It took me several attempts over the course of a week just to figure out how to beat Lavos, no GameFaqs back in the mid 1990s!

Proinsias

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sorry I don't want to search 90 pages; I have an R4 and I applied the cheat to Chrono Trigger. The game works fine, but I can't save. I've played over an hour but the menu point always tells me "you cannot save at this time"

Can someone please help me out?

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mechagouki said:
If people are reaching Lavos already (with side quests complete) then they've either dumbed the game down a great deal from the SNES version, or people are using walkthroughs, (unless they haven't slept since the rom was uploaded), this is really a game that you should find your own way through (at least first time round), it has the reputation it does because it is such a rewarding adventure - don't rush it!

It took me several attempts over the course of a week just to figure out how to beat Lavos, no GameFaqs back in the mid 1990s!

No idea, I only just got to the castle in 600AD myself.... I wouldn't say guides are all that bad though, and it wouldn't surprise me if people have been playing it non stop since it was dumped.....

and of course some people probably remember how to do everything from the first time around

QUOTE(Proinsias @ Nov 23 2008, 01:32 PM) I'm sorry I don't want to search 90 pages; I have an R4 and I applied the cheat to Chrono Trigger. The game works fine, but I can't save. I've played over an hour but the menu point always tells me "you cannot save at this time"

Can someone please help me out?

you can only save on the world map or a save point
biggrin.gif

FTommy

Trophies
Website
mmbnchronox.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Rhuarc said:
zengar said:
well, I'm the last genius who patched his rom and deleted the whole card using dstt
ph34r.gif

oh well...I just lost my...urgh...FF4 save...urgh...wanna...faint....
so guys please, backup your card before using the patched rom on dstt.

anyway, I didn't tried to run the cheat.dat, anyone with dstt tried?

Yeah, I did this as well, even lost my save to the same game you did! LoL...

Anyway, I finally did get the patch working for me on the TTDS... I am using the large cheat database that they released here. At first when I tried it I was using Yasu on my TTDS with 1.16. I confirmed that cheats were working for CT (tried the 999 life one and it worked) but the copy protection patch was not working.

I then tried using the original 1.16 menu (not Yasu) and it worked great! It must be something in the way that Yasu is enabling that particular cheat that is causing it to stop working. Hopefully there will be an update for that menu at some point.

Hope this helps others who may be having the same problems I was!

Thanks!
Rhuarc

Can someone give me a direct link to THAT cheat database?

Chhrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi!
can anybody help me?
i played yesterday The whole day to get the flying epoch and finish the last sidequest afer that my emulator crashed and my savegames vanished.

does anybody have a savegame near gaining the flying epoch?

Cronorei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mechagouki said:

I've been playing since the game was dumped and just finished all the bonus content a short while ago. My file has about 33 hours on it, I've worked at least 24 hours at my job this week since the game was dumped.

CT is not a long game at all, I generally finish the story on the snes in 15-20 hours on an initial playthrough, and 7 or less hours on new game+. The new content adds 5 or 6 hours I'd say.

Also I never saw if there was a special fix for M3 Perfect cards so far in this thread, as I've yet to get the game to run with the trainer attached. Time to check the most recent pages on that since i know I'm not the only one with this problem.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a truly brilliant game, deserving of its reputation and this remake.
I like the 2D-ness of the Graphics - it feels more Nostalgic :3

Oh Sod it. I'll donate this post so that one of the other refreshers can have Post #1337. Because I'm a nice guy.
biggrin.gif

Cronorei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now I have the rom working, it's still launching weirdly but it's working.

Now I can't figure out how to get my no$gba save that I converted to a M3 type save to work. The M3 saver manager keeps crashing on me, anyone have an idea?

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awdofgum said:
Good game, I couldn't resist playing it before the US release

ohmy.gif
You didn't make reference to having post #1337 !?
What a waste of generosity.
tongue.gif

I've gotten rid of the ROM for now - I'll wait for the (E) ROM before I play it through to the end.
biggrin.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mechagouki said:

It doesn't take that long to beat the game, and using a walkthrough would certainly make it seem longer if you ask me. It only took me about 21-22 hours to get to where I am with a normal run while in the SNES and PS1 version, it took about 15 hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does. +1