DS #2949: Chrono Trigger DS (Japan)

orufus12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone confirm that with the patch the game is playable for its entirety?
dont mean to sound redundant but have had no problems on my r4 since applying the patch, although i still havent reached the cathedral.

cdogw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I found a possible solution to the m3 perfect lite save problem.

1. Load the original unpatched Chrono Trigger (J) rom to the sd card using the m3 game manager.

2. Rename the generated .dat file in the NDSSAVE folder as the name of the patched rom (ex. if name of patched rom is patched.nds, rename unpatched rom's .dat as patched.dat)

That should be it. The problem with the m3 game manager loading in the patched rom is that it does not create a .dat file for it. The unpatched rom's .dat is still compatible with the patched rom, so it should work. It did for me anyway. Hope this helps.

orufus12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it does freeze mess up at the cathedral with r4?
can anyone else confirm?
and does anyone know if the ezflash v firmware update fixes everything?

Bispo Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Like I said on the older post, I've tried to pass through the catedral and... bingo! Princess Leene is now saved.

I'm on present time now, at the door of the Guardia Castle, just delivering Marle in home. So far, so good.

Repeating: R4 with kernel 1.18 + DSATM + Trainer selected + cheat.txt (the first one that cracker posted), no ARMFIX selected and don't updating the cheat database.

Like to thank again all the guys that worked hard on this.
Bispo.

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm on R4 too, I applied the patch via xdelta.

I passed the first time portal, got frog in the party, played the organ in the cathedral, got back in the present... in short, the game works as a charm
smile.gif

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am using an unpatched ROM.
I started CT on my Cyclo v1.5B with the "Game Fix (Non-M3 Real/Sakura Version)" cheat enabled.
I saved the game in Guardia Castle - 600 A.D. at the first save point.
I copied the save onto my EDGE v1.4 and continued the game without problems.

I did finally manage to screw things up though:
I used the "Save Anywhere" cheat and saved in a room of the castle.
I was unable to continue from that save because after I loaded the save, the door to the room was now closed and I was trapped!
Thank Square Enix for the 3 saves feature.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

liorec

Trophies
XP
Country
hi, has anyone got this to work on an edge flash cart? i would appreciate instructions on how to do this. thanks a lot!

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BurlyEd said:
I am using an unpatched ROM.
I started CT on my Cyclo v1.5B with the "Game Fix (Non-M3 Real/Sakura Version)" cheat enabled.
I saved the game in Guardia Castle - 600 A.D. at the first save point.
I copied the save onto my EDGE v1.4 and continued the game without problems.

I did finally manage to screw things up though:
I used the "Save Anywhere" cheat and saved in a room of the castle.
I was unable to continue from that save because after I loaded the save, the door to the room was now closed and I was trapped!
Thank Square Enix for the 3 saves feature.

grog.gif
lecture.gif
why didn't you just use the RTS?

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
Going into the arena or using the in-game soft reset (and I'm guessing anything else that takes you back to the title screen) will disable the codes. You'll have to restart the game to get them working again.

I use the arena first every time I play the game, before going into the main game. Hasn't froze once from simply using the arena before loading the main game.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
out of nowhere my brother's file deleted itself, right when he was going to face lavos, this is what he did so far spoilers ahead:
I believe he let crono kill himself and he just resurrected him with the crono trigger, he did the lucca sidequest, and he beat the lavos shell.
does anyone have the save file that's close to his? And does anyone know what went wrong with his game?

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:
64MB. Smaller than I'd have imagined what with the videos being included! I wonder if they put any anti-flashcard protection in it...

BTW, apparently this was leaked in Hong Kong (as is common). A guy on the Gamefaqs board has it and got it from Hong Kong. This game isn't due out officially until the 20th for Japan. 5 days later than that for the US.

So 2 more days
smile.gif

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
GBATemp, I need help. I've tried everything, talked to everyone.. but

Crono has discovered that Tata is NOT the Hero of the Middle Ages but it is Frog that supposedly possessed the Badge. The problem is, where the hell is he?

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GBATemp, thanks for nothing (this refers to everyone except elixirdream, and this is only regarding Chrono Trigger. In fact, GBATemp, thanks for everything)

WHY DID NO-ONE (except elixirdream) SAY THAT CHRONO TRIGGER IS IN ENGLISH
cry.gif

*hey don't laugh at me
frown.gif

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
GBATemp, thanks for nothing (this refers to everyone except elixirdream, and this is only regarding Chrono Trigger. In fact, GBATemp, thanks for everything)

WHY DID NO-ONE (except elixirdream) SAY THAT CHRONO TRIGGER IS IN ENGLISH
cry.gif

*hey don't laugh at me
frown.gif

If you read the Release Info, it clearly states the Languages are Japanese and English. >_>

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
out of nowhere my brother's file deleted itself, right when he was going to face lavos, this is what he did so far spoilers ahead:
I believe he let crono kill himself and he just resurrected him with the crono trigger, he did the lucca sidequest, and he beat the lavos shell.
does anyone have the save file that's close to his? And does anyone know what went wrong with his game?

No idea what went wrong. Might be from using certain cheats maybe? I have an R4 save with the second file having every side-quests done (This includes the Dimensional Vortexes) except for Lost Sanctuary where I only did the first quest. However, every character has a custom name as well as the Epoch so I don't think he would want that though. If memory serves, there was a way to rename your characters but I can't remember where that is. If he still wants my save just for the sake of seeing the ending, I'll try to look for the renamer and put up the save if he wants.

GameSoul, if you still need help, go inside the Cursed Woods and go behind the bush at the back end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work