Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

BatIron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi I see a bug is when trying to tap the touch screen in a nes game not work, and one question Why cannot be put box art to nes or gb games?

pilladoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, just installed the app. Great Work!

The slot-1 from my 3ds is broken, and there'sno one to change it (I'm not very good with soldering hahaha) so this is perfect for me.

Oh, and just checked the compatibility list, Ni No Kuni Ds with spanish patch works fine.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I see a bug is when trying to tap the touch screen in a nes game not work,
Known bug that cannot be fixed, as compiling nesDS with latest libnds causes a crash after 5 seconds in the emulator.
and one question Why cannot be put box art to nes or gb games?
You can. Just resize the box art to 128x115, then save it as "romname.nes.bmp" or"romname.gb(c).bmp", with 16-bit color depth.

PcMacsterRace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do the box arts match your ROM's TID?
Turns out, they weren't. All I needed to was rename my files to the TID of my roms, and it works! Now I know how to solve boxarts not showing up in case I need to know how to fix it.
Thanks a lot for the help, I really appreciate you giving me your time to help me with my issues. :D

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies, but I seem to be having issues installing DSiMenu++ on my flashcart. I was originally using TWLoader and haven't been able to upgrade until now, but I've been having issues getting a good setup working.

I've got the DSiMenu++ launcher itself installed fine using the Instructions (No flashcard, 3DS/2DS users) guide. While it works just fine, it's only looking at my 3DS' internal microSD card, and not the DS flashcard microSD card.

For the DS flashcard itself, I followed the instructions for Flashcard users, including DS Phat/DS lite. I placed the "_nds" folder, the "BOOT.nds", and the "BOOT_fc.nds" files in the root of the flashcart's microSD card. After doing this, I put the "R4iDSN, R4i Gold RTS, R4 Ultra" folder contents into the root of my SD card as well.

All I'm getting is a white screen that won't progress further. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

EDIT: I've also tested the flashcard on my DS Lite and get the same results, so I think there's an issue with the files I have on the microSD card, but I don't understand what. I also embrassingly forgot to include what flashcard I'm using. It's a R4i Gold 3DS Plus.

Last edited by Cornholio309,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies, but I seem to be having issues installing DSiMenu++ on my flashcart. I was originally using TWLoader and haven't been able to upgrade until now, but I've been having issues getting a good setup working.

I've got the DSiMenu++ launcher itself installed fine using the Instructions (No flashcard, 3DS/2DS users) guide. While it works just fine, it's only looking at my 3DS' internal microSD card, and not the DS flashcard microSD card.

For the DS flashcard itself, I followed the instructions for Flashcard users, including DS Phat/DS lite. I placed the "_nds" folder, the "BOOT.nds", and the "BOOT_fc.nds" files in the root of the flashcart's microSD card. After doing this, I put the "R4iDSN, R4i Gold RTS, R4 Ultra" folder contents into the root of my SD card as well.

All I'm getting is a white screen that won't progress further. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

EDIT: I've also tested the flashcard on my DS Lite and get the same results, so I think there's an issue with the files I have on the microSD card, but I don't understand what. I also embrassingly forgot to include what flashcard I'm using. It's a R4i Gold 3DS Plus.
Sorry, can't help you, since I don't have an R4i Gold 3DS Plus. :(

Robertoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  • TWLoader on my 2DS works fine, but DSIMenu++ says to poweroff my DS...
    I read the FAQ's but don't work anyway, please @Robz8 help me! I need a way to play old DS games without a flashcard

Last edited by Robertoh,

Robertoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you only install the Launcher CIA or did you also install both DSiMenu++ CIAs (3 total)? This sounds like you only installed the Launcher.
I installed DSImenu++ Game Booter.cia and DSIMenu++.cia
Copied Boot.nds on SD Card root and installed DSIMenuplusplusLauncher.cia, and copied _nds to the root

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ik its an old news but cmon... +1