Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

dotarice

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
@Robz8

please forgive my bad english. i thought it was an emulator.

i am indeed using the latest versions - launcher 2.1.0 and menu 6.3.0. i tried to change some of the settings too - nothing happens on dsi mode and fossil fighters (specifically) boots to a white screen this way.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please forgive my bad english. i thought it was an emulator.

i am indeed using the latest versions - launcher 2.1.0 and menu 6.3.0. i tried to change some of the settings too - nothing happens on dsi mode and fossil fighters (specifically) boots to a white screen this way.
DSi mode doesn't work for SDK5 games yet. They'll currently only work in DS mode.

Also, you don't have to put your comment in quote brackets.

Rav3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, Is Pokemon Heart Gold working on this because on mine it's keep freezing and black screen.
Any fix for this?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been reading about AP patches lately, and makes me wonder, does Golden Sun have a piracy check of some sort which prevents it from booting up?
I've read on some forums that apparently one of the AP measures issues in Golden Sun was booting directly to a black screen, which is what the game does on Twilight Menu. So perhaps this one needs an AP patch too?

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Instructions (No flashcard, DSi users with HiyaCFW)
  1. In the 7z file, extract the "_nds" folder, and the "boot.nds" file, to the SD Card root.
  2. Extract what's in "CFW - SDNAND root" to the root of your SD card.
  3. Put .gb/.gbc/.nes/.nds ROMs anywhere on your SD card.
  4. Launch TWiLight Menu++!

I'm doing as you said, but Twilight Menu ++ doesn't appear on the DSi menu. When prompted to unite the two title folders, should I do that or delete the original "title" folder altogether?

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading about AP patches lately, and makes me wonder, does Golden Sun have a piracy check of some sort which prevents it from booting up?
I've read on some forums that apparently one of the AP measures issues in Golden Sun was booting directly to a black screen, which is what the game does on Twilight Menu. So perhaps this one needs an AP patch too?
Golden Sun is listed as not working on the compatibility list.

And, just a reminder to anyone looking through this thread for info. If you want to know why a certain game crashes/has glitches, check the compatibility list first. It might save you the hassle of posting here and waiting for a reply.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Golden Sun is listed as not working on the compatibility list.

And, just a reminder to anyone looking through this thread for info. If you want to know why a certain game crashes/has glitches, check the compatibility list first. It might save you the hassle of posting here and waiting for a reply.
Oh I know it is listed as "not working", but I am trying to see if the reason why it doesn't load is because of Anti-piracy measure on the ROM itself, which from what I've read, the AP measures seem to react in the same way the ROM does when loading up through Twilight Menu.
I might do some digging into this and perhaps I can come up with something, who knows.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh I know it is listed as "not working", but I am trying to see if the reason why it doesn't load is because of Anti-piracy measure on the ROM itself, which from what I've read, the AP measures seem to react in the same way the ROM does when loading up through Twilight Menu.
I might do some digging into this and perhaps I can come up with something, who knows.

Ohh, I see. Sorry.

But, still, people should check the list first.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Rav3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The ROM needs to be AP-patched. This should have all of the patches and patchers.
Thanks banjo2, If you don't mind how should i patch the rom and which patch file should i be looking for on your link?
Sorry i'm new to this stuff and would really appreciated your help.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm doing as you said, but Twilight Menu ++ doesn't appear on the DSi menu. When prompted to unite the two title folders, should I do that or delete the original "title" folder altogether?
You merge (or unite) the folders.
If you already did that, then it seems HiyaCFW's patches aren't being applied.
Try asking here for help.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks banjo2, If you don't mind how should i patch the rom and which patch file should i be looking for on your link?
Sorry i'm new to this stuff and would really appreciated your help.
It's fairly simple. Download the DS-Scene ROM Tool, extract the contents, and open your ROM with it. Then, go to the Export tab, and make sure "Apply AP Patch" is checked. Click "Export Rom", and save it to your SD card.

I believe that works for most games? I did it with Style Savvy.

Reactions: Rav3r

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fairly simple. Download the DS-Scene ROM Tool, extract the contents, and open your ROM with it. Then, go to the Export tab, and make sure "Apply AP Patch" is checked. Click "Export Rom", and save it to your SD card.

I believe that works for most games? I did it with Style Savvy.
Yes, it should work for most games.
For the games that don't work with the tool, use xDelta patcher.
Please note that there are some games that have AP measures, but don't have AP patches at all, rendering some games unplayable on nds-bootstrap.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v6.4.0

Update instructions
  1. Overwrite the "_nds" folder and "boot.nds" file on the SD root, with the new ones from the .7z file.
  2. For DSi CFW users, put "title" folder from "CFW - SDNAND" root folder, onto the SD card root.
    If you're asked to overwrite, click "Yes".
  3. On 3DS, install the two CIAs in the "cia" folder.
What's new?
  • Acekard theme: A Nintendo Switch theme has been added! (made by Epicpkmn11)
  • DSi/3DS theme: Start menu icons have been moved to above the banner text bubble, so now they can be accessed easily and fast!
    As a result, the look of the DSi Menu theme has been slightly changed to make room for the icons.
  • 3DS theme: The banner text is now slightly smaller to look less cluttered.
  • DSi/3DS theme: Y button now opens per-game settings, instead of SELECT.
  • A new icon is now in use! (icon made by @Vulpes-Vulpeos)
What's new?/Bug fix
  • Direct flashcard access has been made optional, and is off by default, in order to avoid breaking IR (Infrared) functionality in nds-bootstrap, and showing a Guru Meditation Error in the Acekard theme.
Bug fix
  • Fixed GBA mode not starting on DS Phat/Lite consoles.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You merge (or unite) the folders.
If you already did that, then it seems HiyaCFW's patches aren't being applied.
Try asking here for help.

Never mind, I managed by putting TwilightMenu's "title" folder in the SD card root first, and then merging it with the original "title" folder extracted from OSFMount.

By any chance, is there a way to play Gameboy Advance games?

Last edited by thereturnofdoritosxD,

samus

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm completely lost to this topic. I followed the instructions yet i cannot launch it using an sd card. SEND HELP :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then...