Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently having issues with Pokemon Yellow crashing when launched from TWiLight Menu++ on the Nintendo DSi. When I go to the main menu, then select New Game it crashes and freezes the system. Playing Pokemon Yellow via Gameyob on a flash card doesn't yield this result.
TWiLight Menu++ uses GameYob as well. Try the GameYob build you're using on the flashcard, on the console's SD card.

Cruz8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Very well

But what the latest version of TWL ++ DSi Car GTA DS is in Anti-Piracy and it asks me to use the latest version.

Jamie107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to post another question like this. Thanks for answering all of them so quickly though!

So I have the following issue, every time I enable widescreen on a game it seems to enable it permanently. I tried the instructions (uninstalling and reinstalling the cia files and then booting the last rom one but this didn’t help. Removing the TwlBg.cxi in /Luma/Sysmodules does seem to help but whenever I do so and run a game in widescreen again I have to do it again. Is there any way to fix this yet?

Also when I remove TwlBg.cxi I notice there is another (I assume renamed) TwlBg_bak.cxi file in the same directory. Should I rename that file back?

Oh and also thanks for making this amazing homebrew. I use it all the time and it’s incredibly handy!

Last edited by Jamie107,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to post another question like this. Thanks for answering all of them so quickly though!

So I have the following issue, every time I enable widescreen on a game it seems to enable it permanently. I tried the instructions (uninstalling and reinstalling the cia files and then booting the last rom one but this didn’t help. Removing the TwlBg.cxi in /Luma/Sysmodules does seem to help but whenever I do so and run a game in widescreen again I have to do it again. Is there any way to fix this yet?

Also when I remove TwlBg.cxi I notice there is another (I assume renamed) TwlBg_bak.cxi file in the same directory. Should I rename that file back?

Oh and also thanks for making this amazing homebrew. I use it all the time and it’s incredibly handy!
With this issue happening recently, and with a fix that didn't work for some users, I'm considering removing the widescreen feature from TWLMenu++, until we get a way to enable it via RTCom.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Jamie107

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With this issue happening recently, and with a fix that didn't work for some users, I'm considering removing the widescreen feature from TWLMenu++, until we get a way to enable it via RTCom.

Oh I’m not very code savvy but I assume enabling it via RTCom would allow widescreen without having to patch things beforehand? I hope you’ll figure it out soon, I wish I could help in any way. Keep up the amazing work though!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I’m not very code savvy but I assume enabling it via RTCom would allow widescreen without having to patch things beforehand? I hope you’ll figure it out soon, I wish I could help in any way. Keep up the amazing work though!
RTCom will allow widescreen to be enabled without having to rename/copy/move "Widescreen.cxi".
Said file will also not be needed, and just making a new CXI using TWPatch will be enough.

weewoo2211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
hi Robz8, Im having trouble with TWL++, i was hoping you could help. Im trying to run a Randomized pokemon ROM from SD, ive tried all of the DS pokemon games randomized, the same thing happens. Even after being AP patched, i get a warning message when i try to run them, saying they are un-patched. They still crash from AP patching. i have no cheats enabled, Im running in DS mode, and i even tried AP patching the ROMs before and after randomization. no effect. Thank you in advance

Reactions: banjo2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi Robz8, Im having trouble with TWL++, i was hoping you could help. Im trying to run a Randomized pokemon ROM from SD, ive tried all of the DS pokemon games randomized, the same thing happens. Even after being AP patched, i get a warning message when i try to run them, saying they are un-patched. They still crash from AP patching. i have no cheats enabled, Im running in DS mode, and i even tried AP patching the ROMs before and after randomization. no effect. Thank you in advance
The crashes are due to the game trying to get (poll) the time, which is bugged when loading from the SD card.

weewoo2211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Nope. That's something we fix on our side.
oh well. i guess ill just have to make a habit of saving every time i walk through a door or something. maybe theres a way i can mod the ROMs to include auto save. it technically already exists in the game, it just only happens once.

zhuwz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi, I have updated TWiLight Menu++ to the latest v16.1.0. I still get some question marks when displaying Chinese cheat codes. However, this is a big improvement. Previously I can’t not display any Chinese character at all. Maybe the font you use is not complete enough. Hope in future all Chinese character can be displayed correctly. Thank you very much.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have updated TWiLight Menu++ to the latest v16.1.0. I still get some question marks when displaying Chinese cheat codes. However, this is a big improvement. Previously I can’t not display any Chinese character at all. Maybe the font you use is not complete enough. Hope in future all Chinese character can be displayed correctly. Thank you very much.
While the font is pretty limited on Chinese characters (only the needed characters are in it to save RAM usage), I don't think that's the main problem for cheats. When I looked into why the cheats were broken in the past it seems that the usrcheat.dat format uses the EUC-JP instead of Unicode which would be pretty inconvenient to convert on a DS so I decided not to bother as the Wood UI theme (and presumably actual wood on flashcards) don't support non-ASCII text in the cheat database either.

zhuwz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
While the font is pretty limited on Chinese characters (only the needed characters are in it to save RAM usage), I don't think that's the main problem for cheats. When I looked into why the cheats were broken in the past it seems that the usrcheat.dat format uses the EUC-JP instead of Unicode which would be pretty inconvenient to convert on a DS so I decided not to bother as the Wood UI theme (and presumably actual wood on flashcards) don't support non-ASCII text in the cheat database either.

I have 2 versions of usrcheat.dat. One is recognized as SJIS code in r4cce tool. This one cannot be displayed at all in Twilight Menu and Wood kernel. But it can be displayed correctly in r4isdhc.com flashcard, both in its official kernel and YSmenu. The other is recognized as UTF-8 code in r4cce tool. This one can not be displayed correctly in r4isdhc.com flashcard, both in its official kernel and YSmenu. But it can be displayed correctly in Wood kernel. In Twilight Menu, some Chinese characters can be displayed correctly. I also manually convert the first version to UTF-8 code using r4cce, and get the same result. I believe the font in flashcard kernel is also just enough. Maybe you can use the font in Wood kernel and solve this problem.

Reactions: Pk11

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody?