Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Benlo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ibenlo.com
XP
Country
United States
GBARunner2 had improved over the years, i don't this it still does that, but don't quote me for it. I personally don't use it, as there are much better alternatives (VC/VC injects/mGBA) with much better emulation and performance. Yes you can copy/paste your stuff to your new SDcard, but first test if it's a fake or not with h2testw, as it could corrupt files and cause you problems if it's a fake.
Thanks for the heads up, I'd never heard of that program I was just planning on using guiformat to do the whole Fat32 32kb cluster thing. I'll do that first

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I need help please!
On Pokemon Black screen I get this message" The DSi binaries are missing. Please get a clean dump of this ROM or start in DS mode"
I don't know I have clean ROM or not and when I start in DS mode, start Pokemon won't level up.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I need help please!
On Pokemon Black screen I get this message" The DSi binaries are missing. Please get a clean dump of this ROM or start in DS mode"
I don't know I have clean ROM or not and when I start in DS mode, start Pokemon won't level up.
That happens when your ROM was dumped on a DS/DS Lite or using some old tool that doesn't get the DSi specific data, you can get a proper dump using GodMode9i (DSi) or GodMode9 (3DS).

Not gaining experience is one of the things that happens when the AP is triggered on BW/BW2, TWiLight's included AP patch probably isn't working since you don't have a clean dump. You might be able to fix it by manually AP patching, but better solution would be to just get a proper ROM.

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That happens when your ROM was dumped on a DS/DS Lite or using some old tool that doesn't get the DSi specific data, you can get a proper dump using GodMode9i (DSi) or GodMode9 (3DS).

Not gaining experience is one of the things that happens when the AP is triggered on BW/BW2, TWiLight's included AP patch probably isn't working since you don't have a clean dump. You might be able to fix it by manually AP patching, but better solution would be to just get a proper ROM.
Then I'm going to get proper ROM

Reactions: banjo2

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you very much.
When i shall launch cheats for Pokemon Black after i save it. It won't work.
Like with money cheats, when i press select, no money won't show up.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much.
When i shall launch cheats for Pokemon Black after i save it. It won't work.
Like with money cheats, when i press select, no money won't show up.
Try running the game in DS Mode, I think cheats are rather unstable in DSi Mode.

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wanted to use my W2 cart to connect a PokeWalker to HG on my N2DSXL, as I heard twilight menu had IR Passthrough, but apparently that's no longer a thing? would it still work on an older version of TWiLight Menu++/NTR-Bootstrap? if so, can someone direct me to which version it'll work on?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wanted to use my W2 cart to connect a PokeWalker to HG on my N2DSXL, as I heard twilight menu had IR Passthrough, but apparently that's no longer a thing? would it still work on an older version of TWiLight Menu++/NTR-Bootstrap? if so, can someone direct me to which version it'll work on?
I've heard v12.2.1 of TWiLight Menu++ with v0.30.1 of nds-bootstrap should still have IR.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 , not sure what the problem is, but twilight menu is no longer in widescreen (in the games or even in the home menu). this only happened after updating to the latest.

Dochartaigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo DSi XL, Twilight v21.4.0 (followed dsi.cfw.guide last week so everything should be super recent).

My top screen flickers when I turn the DSi XL on and even when the Twilight menu loads. It's fine in-game, and when I hit power briefly to exit the game back to Twilight it's fine again. Just making sure I don't have a hardware issue that only shows up on boot-up...
–– A 1/2020 post from Robz8 said to "Set clock speed to NTR (instead of TWL) to fix the flickering", but mine was already set to "ARM9 CPU Speed: 67 MHz (NTR)". Any fix?

2nd issue is Castlevania Order of Ecclesia freezes. It's stuck at the WiFi screen with the bat flying right to left over and over again. Happens when I load from SD card via Twilight/nds-bootstrap, happens with the same file on my R4 Gold Pro Revolution DS flashcart (r4isdhc.com, running "RGF's YSMenu Fork 7.06"). Already turned WiFi on and off - doesn't help.
–– Ecclesia DOES WORK with the same exact file on my New 3DS XL - on both the SD Card via Twilight/nds, and on that same R4 flashcart (just still doesn't work on my DSi XL for whatever reason). My actual Order of Ecclesia cartridge works on both my DSi XL and on my New 3DS XL too if that helps fyi.

Last edited by Dochartaigh,

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for OoE freezing, if the same ROM is freezing on both TwilightMenu and a flashcart not running TWLMenu, it's probably the ROM. Get another one, or dump the cartridge you know is working. I don't know how to do it on DSi, but it's easy with a hacked 3DS. It's probably similar on DSi, considering there's a version of GodMode9 for it IIRC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: @AncientBoi Apologies