Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
asterion said:
BUT I DONT USE FACEBOOK

And your point is...

seriously this thread has now gone way past being useful, I don't usually say this but until there has been flashcard update, this thread is attracting so much crap, I think it should be locked....

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wuschmaster said:
flipnote will really suck once the usual american gets access to it... i mean, they will all just draw peni$ and stuff

Lol, this crossed my mind as well. I plan on using it constructively as I loved Animantee and Flickbook. This DSiWare takes them to a whole new level and the online community seems so great. Isn't there some kind of review they go through before releasing it online like Mario vs DK Mini? I'm sure they will get rejected if too perverted. Stick figure fights FTW!!!

DsHacker14

Trophies
Website
www.arschacks.com
XP
Country
United States
Yay you can count me in in the not updating group.. I don't really want my acekard2i to go to waste because if its blocked on my dsi then im certainly not going to play it on my dsphat D: Hopefully team twiizers can hack the firmware or something..

nonnonnon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
hmmm. Let's see. I don't have a facebook account, i never use the cameras. so my choise is: updating and block my m3i zero or wait a week or two and then update. Not really a hard choise. i do not se why people comes now and say "i told you so" i was perfectly aware of the posibility that Big N blocks my m3 when i bought it. i think i can handle the dramatic loss of facebook on ds a few weeks
toot.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
These might have been asked before but there are almost 200 replies to this topic already.

1. Is there really a downside to not upgrading? Excluding not getting the new feature obviously, but will you still be able to play games on WiFi? Will you be able to access the shop? And will newer DSi games have forced upgrades?
2. Is there a chance that the "up-datable" flash card teams can't crack the new firmware? If so, will they accept returns on their merchandise?

Anyways, best of luck to all of those who foolishly bought a DSi.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone put a list togther of all DSi carts and ones that can have there kernel updated and ones that are now garbage once 1.4 is on (well can still be used on a regular DS)...

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All garbage: R4is (idk about the hyper r4i but I'm assuming they are dead), iTouch 2, DSTTi, iPlayer

Updateable: Ez Flash Vi, Supercard DS One i, M3i Zero, Acekard 2i (.... I'm assuming it can because of the language fix)
tongue.gif

@Demon 1. I'm guessing you still can go wifi (hope it won't work like the psp) Nope you can't access the shop without the update. Newer DSi games probably would require you to update to play like wii games.
2. Possible but I dunno if they would accept returns.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I don't have a DSi yet... Also glad that I'm living in the US... Hmm... Maybe I'll just wait for the Cyclo team to finish up their cart.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
so AceKard 2i is blocked!?

common Game Warehouse...FIX MY DAMN DSL already!!...

then I would update my Dsi just to use for Flipnote and Warioware DIY.
mad.gif

this sucks...nintendo FAILED for blocking iPlayer...its cant even play ROMS!!
ITS "HARMLESS"!!!!! YOU FUCKERS!!
pissed.gif

nintendo is being a dick for doing this near flipnote studio release....but

wikipedia says summer 2009...its fall now..so

Winter....Spring..Summer...

guys this probably won't be the last update....
unsure.gif

and furthermore i think we should NOT make any fixes until flipnote studio comes out or Warioware DIY or any good DSiWare is released... because how come almost every game has protection....is always different and harder!?...because the companies watch this site..and you know it...they check this site every day and see "how the hackers are responding to their anti-piracy tools" and "how they are "fixing" it"...and how "they can make it "better" than "ours" my inside intel at Nintendo even said "oh yes, gbatemp and ds-scene and other community rom hacking sites are"watched"
lecture.gif

guy (and girls) to tell you the truth, this site is like a double-edged sword...
cry.gif

GBATEMP - cool for NDS and homebrew and gaming news...and a community that "fixes" anti-piracy
happy.gif
moogle.gif

GBATEMP - a place where SQUARE-ENIX, Nintendo, UbiSoft, and all the other ruthless companies can "keep tabs" on what we are "doing"..
dry.gif

as long as these companies can acquire our "secrets" how we "fix" their "patches"

this battle for dominion will never end!!

The Corporate Mass Video Game Industry Vs. The Rebel Pirates...who think that marked up Video game prices ((*COUGH* COUGH* MODERN WAREFARE 2) and zero response to the public voice is enough!!!

nintendo.jpg
vs-logo.jpg
PIRATE05AM.JPG

it will be an ENDLESS DUEL*
deathscythe_strongweapon.gif

*gundam reference
laugh.gif

Wuschmaster

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cornaljoe said:
Wuschmaster said:
flipnote will really suck once the usual american gets access to it... i mean, they will all just draw peni$ and stuff

Lol, this crossed my mind as well. I plan on using it constructively as I loved Animantee and Flickbook. This DSiWare takes them to a whole new level and the online community seems so great. Isn't there some kind of review they go through before releasing it online like Mario vs DK Mini? I'm sure they will get rejected if too perverted. Stick figure fights FTW!!!
animations are online right after submission with no delay

Quick-zeno

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its been around 10 hours since i posted, and acekard hasn't official confirmed nudding.

@ the girl showing face book upload: I swear in your dsi menu you/somebody was sucking one...

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Updateable: Ez Flash Vi, Supercard DS One i, M3i Zero, Acekard 2i (.... I'm assuming it can because of the language fix)
tongue.gif

Er... I have the Acekard 2i. Hopefully this is actually updatable.

D

Deleted User

luisedgarf said:
It´s very difficult for a lazy amoral western nerd can win against a bunch of Japanese who have studied since they learned to read and write from the cradle. They will ALWAYS be more smarter than any westerner.
Racist twaddle. There are just as many screw ups in Japan as there are in any country. This propaganda that all Japanese are somehow smarter than any other race is just rubbish. You'll find that most of the time the Japanese have just taken someone else's idea and made it smaller and more compact and that they haven't really done much of the inventing at all. I'm a little sick of this idea that the Japanese are a race of super intelligent work dedicated super solidiers from the future just because they seem to specialize in technology.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do you think the Acekard 2i will need either a hardware or software update because I don't want to buy a new flashcart now when a software update is all it will need (although I didn't update yet.)

You know what I notice with Nintendo's firmware?
First they make a new firmware to block some piracy/hacking/homebrew/etc.
Then they make something that is really worth updating for so hackers will want it and when they update it will then block some of their stuff.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
dont throw the shit at the euro's and japanese YET EpicPie...

it will happen here...as us "westerners" love to waste hours of our time on Myspace and FaceBook...soon enough = (

in the PSP Scene...Armored Core 3 Portable and Evangelon Jo are already Anti-CFW for now...

and UBiSoft will release a Anti-piracy tool for the PSP so they can come out of "retreat" from Sony's handhend (oh noez...profiz maRginez)

and Nintendo is going to release some "hard to hack" software for the DS

its seems that this is the year for crackdowns.....

even the FUCKING GOVERNMENT is getting in on it with the Copyright downloading shit Fines....

the game Industry needs to come to a realization here...

THINK OF THE IDEA
MAKE THE GAME
CONVINCE PEOPLE TO BUY IT WITH THEIR GODDAMN BORING COMMERCIALS (unlike the 90's)
PEOPLE BUY IT
THEY MAKE MONEY
PIRATES DON'T BUY IT
THEY DON'T MAKE AS MUCH "PROFIT" ON IT (Even though the damn game is marked up)

FUCKIN LEAVE US ALONE!!!!

WE (as a whole) MAKE SURE "YOU" DONT MAKE TOO MUCH MONEY ON A PRODUCT AND GET GREEDY..WE KEEP YOUR PROFITS "IN CHECK"

(COUGH COUGH) **SQUARE-ENIX**)

(not you SquareSoft...*hugs
biggrin.gif
*)

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
i know...and the voice recording in Flipnote and sound inputing is cool...

its AWESOMESAUCE compared to aninimatee (or whatever its spelled)
You can't really compare Animanatee which a DS homebrew to something that is DSi wareish, also Animanatee is getting updates for sound. Also there are other animating homebrews out there.

Back on topic, I heard there were performance boosts in the Opera Browser.

Roth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's true. I can confirm that most of the current carts no longer work in firmware 1.4J
With that said, please take your time and browse for your favorite games at the DSiShop and Web Browser for it may be your last... /;C\

// Roth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, the florida version of walter white