DSi firmware 1.4 blocks flashcards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well no shit- of course this was gonna happen!

anyway, keep your pants on everyone- this is an ongoing battle and never ends with big industry winning- not with the best of us anyway. you watch, this shit will be hacked and gone within a month.

remember when the DSI first came out? and how people freaked when flash cards didn't work? I STILL don't think that this system is worth the hassle or money. It was getting to easy for card corps and now we will see something interesting going on- there was never this much interest in this years ago.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
once i get my DSL fixed at portage, Michigan, I will be more than willing to "update" my DSi to this 1.4u (when its released) if it means Warioware D.I.Y or Flipnote Studio especially....

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ninty does and we don't.
tongue.gif

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
blahman said:
hoist20032002 said:
Do any of you fine ladies and gentlemen here think that Nintendo will update the DSi frequently like oh maybe once or twice every couple of weeks? What might be shitty from Nintendo is: What if they send another NDi update right after we get our new bootcode/bootscrap,firmware and whatknot? It will be pointless if Nintendo outwitts the smartest game hackers and programmers.....Anybody think I have something here?

Don't worry. It won't happen. A few doods at nintendo won't stand a chance against a global army of determined nerds as long as mountain dew and pizza exists.

Big ROFL there :rofl2:But its soo true.

LONG LIVE THE GLOBAL NERD ARMY
grog.gif

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea, compared to sony, which by this point it seems they have completely given up with their current psps, nintendo really doesn't a chance... and besides im pretty sure some of those nerds apart of the revolution are working on the inside of n of japan.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
BoxShot said:
Updateable: Ez Flash Vi, Supercard DS One i, M3i Zero, Acekard 2i (.... I'm assuming it can because of the language fix)
tongue.gif

Er... I have the Acekard 2i. Hopefully this is actually updatable.

That's what I have too. I won't update until either a fix comes out, or we find out if the firmware on the Acekard DSi is upgradeable. I mean, can't they have like a .nds file that can update the firmware? Even with wifi, would work

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
There might not be all hope lost for those with non-update-able carts.

If the DSi is hacked to be able to modify firmware etc (say, eventaully after team twiizers hacking/savegame exploit), you might be able to downgrade or patch the firmware to re-enable your card.

Of course this is all theoretical. Irregardless, you'll have to wait for more hacking progress or new flashcards (which are pretty cheap anyway).

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
There might not be all hope lost for those with non-update-able carts.

If the DSi is hacked to be able to modify firmware etc (say, eventaully after team twiizers hacking/savegame exploit), you might be able to downgrade or patch the firmware to re-enable your card.

Of course this is all theoretical. Irregardless, you'll have to wait for more hacking progress or new flashcards (which are pretty cheap anyway).

Or just not update at all. I don't use the DSiShop right now, and the facebook thing isn't exciting. Not a worth-it update.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, the Acekard 2i can get an update that fix this? No rushing, I haven't updated, probably never will. Nothing DSi exclusive will ever come out.

Only thing I am waiting for is Pokemon HeartGold and Pokemon SoulSilver. Sadly for Nintendo, JP, NA or EU or any other release of those games won't be DSi exclusive, so it won't force an update.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jonesman99 said:
i was wondering... in order for them to improve the camera resolution, would they have to release a new version of dsi's or could they do it via a future update?
Geez. No, it's not possible to upgrade the hardware with software, and nor will it ever be.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
So, the Acekard 2i can get an update that fix this? No rushing, I haven't updated, probably never will. Nothing DSi exclusive will ever come out.

Only thing I am waiting for is Pokemon HeartGold and Pokemon SoulSilver. Sadly for Nintendo, JP, NA or EU or any other release of those games won't be DSi exclusive, so it won't force an update.

Not strictly true, if it's DSi-enhanced (or it can detect that it's running on a DSi) then it can force an update. I'd be careful of that.

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Oh well this was bound to happen sooner or later. I got Acekard2i but are not bothered about this FW upgrade at all. Still got so many games to play in the existing catalogue.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
I think before people can assume that hacking the DSi can be done simply, we have to remember that the DSi is not Wii or PSP here, so it won't be that easy. All we can do is simply wait, instead of coming up with theories...
lecture.gif

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even a forced updated can still be aborted in the process.

Also, can Acekard 2i firmware be updated? I doubt they would have made the flashcart if it's not updatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5